• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I feel like Quirk Singularity is something that won’t be full addressed until after this AFO dilemma is over. No one cares about quirks getting stronger by generation when it’s helping you win a fight.

Hoping that the MHA dbfz-styled fighting game rumors come true at Bandai Namco's presentation tomorrow

Last edited:
I guess the purple juice stuff Nine has in his backpack is the same thing Shigaraki was injected with to make him All Might level strong. It’s clearly not cybernetics but pure genetics. So that’s how Nine was able to tank stronger and stronger hits the more goop juice he drank.

I doubt that part, since Nine is given that injection whenever his cells start killing themselves. It's clearly meant to try and heal or stabilize him. I don't see how injecting him with super power goop would stop his cells from dying. Was there an interview or something that explained that?

Also before Shigaraki was placed in the tank we see the doctor doing weird things to his body in chapter 255, it's possible he was given a super strong body first, then the tank was used to bind multiple Quirks into his body. It was stated the AFO Quirk hasn't been fully settled into his body, which implies the tank he has something to do with injecting Quirks.

This is supported in chapter 246, where doctor talks about the Quirk Singularity. Where a person's software evolves faster than their hardware. Quirks become too powerful and the human body cannot handle it, so Shigaraki's body/hardware needs to be "tweaked" first. Heavily implies that Shigaraki's hardware/body was being improved on first, than he started adding the software/Quirks.

The doctor states that any more strength enhancement would've overburden his brain. I doubt Quirkless Shigaraki is going to become physically stronger than he is now, even at 100%. If he wants to increase his strength he'll likely need to enhance it with Quirks.

I have no doubt that Nine underwent some kind of strength enhancement surgery similar to Shigaraki, but I don't think the vials on his back have anything to do with his increase in strength. Especially since the vials were empty long for quite awhile, and he was injected before and had zero strength increase. I assume Nine could access this level of strength at any time, but obviously it causes his cells to die even faster than normal, so he usually has no reason to do that until just then.

The full shot of the villain for the movie dropped. He looks like a literal alien, all blue and glowy. Bet his quirk is cool as heck and he definitely seems like a schemer that would set Deku up for mass murder.

If the anime was taken as a viable metric for stats, how fast would Iida be based off his speed when kicking Mudman in the face? The shockwave from his own movements took almost a full second to catch up with him after the kick.

Rereading AFO vs All Might. Just thinking about those Air Cannons. I reckon he’s using 3 quirks each time.

Air Cannon— has no visual change. Just blasts air from his palm.
Springlike limbs— makes his limb become spring-like, reducing shock and therefore negating any blowback and self-damage from combining it with...
Multiplier— the black lightning that surrounds it, similar to OFA’s power-stocker. Could be an incomplete version of Power Stocker he kept as backup, maybe one that never charged up but could multiply at a fixed value.

They were design to handle 20% finger flicks, not his 20% punches. Izuku had no intention of even punching at 20% since he was trying to keep his arms out of danger. Also Lover Mode Gentle was injured by Air Force, which can also injure 8% Izuku. And there would've been a clear mention of Izuku jumping to 20% if he did so.

He overpowered 8% Izuku, but not by a lot, unless we're saying that was 20%, but I doubt that.

I do admit, I use to believe that Lover Mode Gentle was around 20% strength, but now that 20% is 8-A we can't really compare the two for the sake of scaling.

I'd say just 100% Izuku to be safe, but he does directly compared the sight of his speed to All Might. "The sight of All Might moving faster than a speeding bullet."

At least Prime All Might might scale.

I'll leave the decision up to you guys, unless something new comes up.

Prime All Might and AFO should. A CRT should be made for if weakened All Might, USJ/Movie All Might, and Kamino All Might scale. And then the people who scale to them from there.

I don't believe I understand why those would scale, especially since Kamino All Might and AFO speed are close to 45% and Shigaraki which we know doesn't scale to this.

I'm not certain about Weakened All Might, but I don't believe USJ All Might should scale either. To be safe I'd much prefer just Prime All Might scaling, and maybe weakened All Might. Unless I'm missing something.

What a crazy trailer. They do go all out on movie animation.

Also looks like this is the first place we will see Shishido & possibly Burnin in action.

Electoplant is also in this.

For anyone wondering where, it’s right after that pink bird thing appears on the screen. He slings by a train carrying that new briefcase guy, Spider-Man style.

How can he even win. Probably the only thing he has over Nine is stamina which isn't saying much.

Nine has him beat in basically every state: Attack Power, Attack Range, Defense, Attack Speed.

Reaction Speed is probably the only place they can be comparable and that's after Endeavor at least fared well against Shigaraki and didn't get blitzed.

So far all movie villains have been in what I call "All Might tier" since even Wolfram with the Quirk Enhancing device got there while Nine needed 2 OFA users to beat him.

Endeavor is still far from that level.

I am confused as to why Deku is wearing suspenders/apron in the trailer at one point. Did he become a farm boy? Go into hiding due to becoming a mass murderer?? (Lol)

Also I saw Godzillo and other American heroes in one shot. One of the bad guys seems to have a bow that shoots energy. Potentially a scene where one of the bombs goes off and kills a bunch of civilians on screen which is rather dark, we generally dont see any civilians or non combatants die.

Those could just be handwaved as injured civilians and nobody actually dies.

But it would be kinda lame if these super-terrorists don't even manage to have a single kill count though, so they might actually manage to kill people.

Or not. This takes place between the EA arc and the PLW arc and people dying might have affected Deku's and the other's morale, assuming the movie is canon. They don't seem bothered by anything when we see them in January and so on.

We might get 45% Full Cowl in this and maybe seeing how he got to 30/45% + full power Black Whip like when it first awakened.

Back