• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Someone on Reddit is trying to convince me that “fire can stop Decay”. In a thread about the entire MHA verse vs the Monsterverse.

One For All now has a long-term stockpile ability and now a short-term stockpile ability.
Inb4 the final quirk is mid-term stockpile ability—

If he was switching back to 30% he would've mentioned it. If he was using it in his limbs only, once again he would've mentioned it. He just says he was using 45% OFA, he doesn't make any mentioned of switching back down or only using it in his limbs, since that would also mess up his parallel process as well, so it should've been mentioned.

Her bullets can injure 45% Izuku without a doubt, as she did so while he was swinging from the building to get to Chisaki. Unless we're saying 30% Izuku can catch and deflect bullets which can harm 45%. Also if she was only 8-A than Izuku could just use 45% to tank her attacks with no damage.
Honestly the major reason I thought it was 30% with 45% whenever he carried out an action or parry or dodge or kick is cause in the War arc, 30% Full Cowl and 45% Full Cowl clearly look different. 45% has way too much lightning and even lightning around Deku's eyes like 100% while 30% Full Cowl didn't.

I honestly don't know how to rate a lot of OPM characters apart from Tatsumaki, Fubuki and Genos. Also they have also being getting stronger during the current raid arc.

As for Deku, I'd say Hori has indeed elevated his speed but his durability still leaves a lot to be desired and he won't be showing anything impressive unless he reaches 100% or at least 50%+ Full Cowl.

So I'm hoping that just like Fa Jin was used to elevate speed/AP, Deku uses Black Whip as a sort of armor. I know Hori loves Spider-man & Venom (given how he even participated in the campaign to win a Venom poster on Twitter) & Black Whip is obviously based on Venom so I'm hoping Deku does finally use it the same way as the symbiote suit.

In the war arc, he wrapped it around his arms, internally & externally, to counteract OFAs damage so I'd like to see him just wrap his entire body with it for added defence.

What a unique name

-flect- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning "bend.'' It is related to -flex-. This meaning is found in such words as: deflect, genuflect, inflect, reflect.

So what is his ability from the name? Wolfram & Nine's names were reflective of their abilities.

With Flect Turn:

- flect- comes from Latin, where it has the meaning "bend. ... This meaning is found in such words as: deflect, genuflect, inflect, reflect.

- turn - move in a circular direction wholly or partly round an axis or point. A change in direction when moving.

I'd put my money on his ability being to deflect/reflect or redirect attacks.

Quick discussion: Fa Jin does not make Deku “stronger”, only faster. “Repeated movements build up motion-based energy for temporary storage and release”. So basically, Fa Jin is like attaching rockets to his legs which builds up an explosive thrust after repeated movements. Faux 100% is Fa Jin getting him to 100% speed but he’s still only at 45% in physical strength.

Quick discussion: Fa Jin does not make Deku “stronger”, only faster. “Repeated movements build up motion-based energy for temporary storage and release”. So basically, Fa Jin is like attaching rockets to his legs which builds up an explosive thrust after repeated movements. Faux 100% is Fa Jin getting him to 100% speed but he’s still only at 45% in physical strength.
Idk abt that bc Izuku also used pseudo 100% manchester smash

Faster = More Force

Basic KE

I know speed = force, but I mean that Fa Jin Deku doesn’t mean he jumps from 45% to 65%. He’s still at 45% just going really, really fast. Like Iida. He goes faster, not amp all his stats in general.

Yeah I believe fa Jin does amp his power but not at 100% levels, so saying "higher with fa Jin" is better for his AP

It doesn’t amp his stats tho. It just acts like a version of Iida’s Recipro. Otherwise Chisaki would’ve broken every bone in his body by being pushed and Nagant would’ve lost her entire arm and shoulder.

It doesn’t amp his stats tho. It just acts like a version of Iida’s Recipro. Otherwise Chisaki would’ve broken every bone in his body by being pushed and Nagant would’ve lost her entire arm and shoulder.
Maybe bc Deku doesn’t want to kill her? Idk bc he’s soft hearted

Your ”100% attacks” don’t suddenly become multitudes weaker when you don’t want to kill someone even if you are attacking at “100%” levels.

The way Fa Jin is being portrayed, and the fact he only seems to be able to store it in whatever limbs he did repeated motions with, makes it evident that it doesn’t amp all his stats. It just acts as temporary thrust like Iida’s Recipro Burst. He‘s still at 45% strength, durability and physicals he’s just going way faster because he has the quirk equivlant of an atomic fueled rocket booster strapped to his limbs.

Your ”100% attacks” don’t suddenly become multitudes weaker when you don’t want to kill someone even if you are attacking at “100%” levels.

The way Fa Jin is being portrayed, and the fact he only seems to be able to store it in whatever limbs he did repeated motions with, makes it evident that it doesn’t amp all his stats. It just acts as temporary thrust like Iida’s Recipro Burst. He‘s still at 45% strength, durability and physicals he’s just going way faster because he has the quirk equivlant of an atomic fueled rocket booster strapped to his limbs.
We still doesn’t know anything rn unless there are further proof in the future that Fa jin only just amp his speed we should stop using assumptions right now

Fa Jin official description states that he can store up the kinetic energy from repeated movements, then later release it in a explosion of force. Fa Jin doesn't just store velocity or speed. It stores up kinetic energy for later explosive use. It does indeed increase his power.

Until proven otherwise, Faux 100% is comparable or equal to 100%. Saying Chisaki would've broken every bone in his body by being pushed is absurd, since your still saying he's at 45%. Are you saying Chisaki now scale to 45% or 30%, or will you say he lowered to 8% to push him? He just pushed him out of the way, he wasn't attacking him. Just like how Eri can hang on and survive the movements of 100% Izuku without injuring herself, Chisaki wouldn't be hurt by being pushed.

He just tumbled after being pushed, clearly Izuku put no power into it.

Lady Nagant's arm can handle the recoil of injuring 45% Izuku with a jab, 45% isn't massively weaker than 100%. In universe the difference is slightly more than two times increase. Shigaraki who is stronger than 45% had his jaw dislocated from a 100% punch. Nagant's arm breaking from a 100% smash makes sense, which is further proof on why she isn't 8-A. As you said, 100% would've tore through her arm, not just break it.

To be fair, in universe 30% isn't that much weaker as well, its slightly over 3X. Though I know Izuku's percentages are seen as rather iffy.

Back