• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia: America Brings Upgrades/Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think u miss understand the crater itself is hundreds of meters wide at least, but I disagree with it being 10 km. I propose that it would be less of an assumption to scale the large crater size based off the small crater that Shiggy made rather than assume that the water depth is 3.7 km and scale that to the large crater.
Dual Binoculars does raise a good point.

In the panel of the crater we can see the hole that Tomura made at the bottom of it. It would not be visible if the crater actually was 10 kilometers across.

If the calc has problems, the entire thread becomes bunk.

Might be best to wait and see what Therefir has to say.

This is another calc point (not necessarily a debunk, just a question) but when Star and Stripe makes her avatar that is "1000 times bigger" how do we know that she means it is 1000 times taller than her? Couldn't bigger also refer to overall volume?

I was thinking about this after we have the comparison panel between the missiles, Star and Stripe and the avatar's hand.

I think we'd need another translation in that case, if that becomes a problem as well. Another translation had it be 1000X her own size.

Though 1000X bigger does make me think of taller, not volume wise. But I guess it isn't impossible?

This is another calc point (not necessarily a debunk, just a question) but when Star and Stripe makes her avatar that is "1000 times bigger" how do we know that she means it is 1000 times taller than her? Couldn't bigger also refer to overall volume?

I was thinking about this after we have the comparison panel between the missiles, Star and Stripe and the avatar's hand.
If the volume is 1000x bigger, that would include her size as well. The definition for volume incorporates height, width, and length into the equation. Just looking at Star makes it obvious her height is increased immensely.

If the volume is 1000x bigger, that would include her size as well. The definition for volume incorporates height, width, and length into the equation. Just looking at Star makes it obvious her height is increased immensely.
Yes, I'm obviously not denying that the avatar is immensely taller than her, but a 1000 x increase in volume would not mean a 1000 x increase in height.

Star's ability is based on the common sense of the people around her. It is more likely to be 1000 times greater in terms of height than volume, based on the fact that when you compared your size to someone else's no one thinks about body volume

I think u miss understand the crater itself is hundreds of meters wide at least, but I disagree with it being 10 km. I propose that it would be less of an assumption to scale the large crater size based off the small crater that Shiggy made rather than assume that the water depth is 3.7 km and scale that to the large crater.
Did just that and the hole is far too small, a diameter around 50 meters. (And I was highballing, the actual size would be less than that)

The crater shouldn't be any smaller than this. The explosion is bigger than the giant, which is 1000X bigger than Star. A 50 meter crater would be far smaller than the giant. Using the hole is pointless, but the ocean depth being used also seems incorrect. So I don't think it is possible to truly calc the size of the crater using that shot.

Best bet would be to just calc the explosion, and use the explosion formula. Though the current calc assumes SaS is All Might size, which I believe is incorrect, for safety I'd put her at 6 FT or 1.82 m. Doing that gets me 29.96 MT for the explosion, divided by 10 and we get 2.99 MT for a single missile.

Which is... Low 7-B. Consistent?

Did just that and the hole is far too small, a diameter around 50 meters. (And I was highballing, the actual size would be less than that)

The crater shouldn't be any smaller than this. The explosion is bigger than the giant, which is 1000X bigger than Star. A 50 meter crater would be far smaller than the giant. Using the hole is pointless, but the ocean depth being used also seems incorrect. So I don't think it is possible to truly calc the size of the crater using that shot.

Best bet would be to just calc the explosion, and use the explosion formula. Though the current calc assumes SaS is All Might size, which I believe is incorrect, for safety I'd put her at 6 FT or 1.82 m. Doing that gets me 29.96 MT for the explosion, divided by 10 and we get 2.99 MT for a single missile.

Which is... Low 7-B. Consistent?
50 meters? I got the diameter of the crater to be roughly 200 meters across.

Although... Is just calcing the explosion alone an option? Because that result seems a lot less out there than High 7-A.

50 meters? I got the diameter of the crater to be roughly 200 meters across.
How? What are you doing to make that tiny hole that big, it doesn't appear to be any larger than Shigaraki's width.

Should only be slightly bigger than his shoulder to shoulder width right?

How? What are you doing to make that tiny hole that big, it doesn't appear to be any larger than Shigaraki's width.

I took a look at 332 again, and it doesn't seem to give any indicator for the hole being the size of shigaraki, only showing shigaraki later jumping out of his with enough for to cause more cracks

I used the height of Shigaraki as the diameter of it, as the diagram showed up lying across the top of the hole at the top at first.

Using the Ocean depth is incorrect, since 50 km isn't even off the continental shelf, which is somewhere around 200 km.

We can't really measure the hole, but Shigaraki's position coming out of the hole means there was enough room for him to stand. I don't remember any other way to calc that hole size, so at best I can say it is slightly more than Shigaraki's width.

I highly doubt we should talk that picture seriously, also in that picture his height was bigger than the hole's diameter.

if this does cause issues dies this mean we need another supporting feat for High 7-A/6-C My Hero?

Using the Ocean depth is incorrect, since 50 km isn't even off the continental shelf, which is somewhere around 200 km.
That depth is highballed, since the big drops in the oceans don't really start until they're off the continental shelf.

The average ocean depth of 3.7 km wouldn't be that close to Japan, usually. It might be possible, but it's likely very rare.

Yes, I'm obviously not denying that the avatar is immensely taller than her, but a 1000 x increase in volume would not mean a 1000 x increase in height.
Yes, it would? I mean, it's obvious that this is a general increase in terms of volume. And if you know how mathematics works, you would know that an increase in volume would be an increase in several other dimensions, such as; width, height, and length.

50 KM, it is stated that's where Shigaraki was waiting for her.

Chapter 329. "Along her flight path, 50 km ahead of the landing point... Is him!"
Ah, ok thank 3.7 would be the most likely, as at that point it's reaching into the pacific plate (we know because we're nowhere near any other landmasses, which the Philippine plate would give us at least in the distance and not the Eurasian plate because well, we're not going into China and stuff), which after 3.7 km can reach 6km normally and 9km to 10km in the trenches (it's from the same article you provided)

Did they? Also what distance would that be if they did?
It's stated by Hawks "She'll be entering our airspace soon" MHA chapter 329.
img01.jpg

What distance is that though, how far out is Japanese airspace? They stated Shigaraki was waiting for her 50 km ahead of her landing point.

Yes, it would? I mean, it's obvious that this is a general increase in terms of volume. And if you know how mathematics works, you would know that an increase in volume would be an increase in several other dimensions, such as; width, height, and length.
I think you're mistaken. Changing the volume by a certain amount doesn't mean that all of the dimensions change by the same amount. Look here.

Quoted relevant part:

As you can see, for the first one we use the formula 4/3πr^3 and, after plugging in 1 meter, we get a volume 4.19 meters cubed. And with the second one, we get 33.51 meters cubed. So, therefore, the second sphere's volume equals eight volumes of the first sphere.
Wow! When the radius of the sphere was doubled, its volume increased eight times. Was that more than you expected? The volume increased so much because the radius is raised to the third power. This makes the volume increase much faster than the radius. Even small changes in radius can cause big changes in volume.

I'm just wait for what Therefir has to say, I'm out of my element here.

That depth is highballed, since the big drops in the oceans don't really start until they're off the continental shelf.

The average ocean depth of 3.7 km wouldn't be that close to Japan, usually. It might be possible, but it's likely very rare.
Ok, then. I've read somewhere that ocean depth on average is around 1500 meters.

I think you're mistaken. Changing the volume by a certain amount doesn't mean that all of the dimensions change by the same amount. Look here.

Quoted relevant part:
Fair point.

though if we could find another High 7-A feat would posting it here work? (I don't have any ideas for those outside of the Cube, but I'm just wondering)
Honestly wouldn't be hard to find, like, at all. In fact, there are a few High 7-A feats that are just ight under our noses, people just haven't realized it yet. I'll eventually elaborate once I finish looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back