• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My apologies to Vs battles and a Mario revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the stuff in Galaxy: BJ's machine is Mega HAmmer, which is empowered by a Grand Star.

Also, true, Mario never survived a black hole, however Bowser did in both SMG and SMG2, so Mario being able to hurt BASE Bowser who survived twice the destruction of a universe is a legit feat

@ArceusBowser44

I have already told you to stop quoting walls of text.

Okay. I will close the thread. DRB can open it again when he finds the time.

I'm pretty damn sure Bowser didn't survive the black hole in the first game literally everything was reset at the end

Sorry but I'm reopening to respond.

"Calm. down."

What? I'm not angry at all and I haven't insulted you or done anything to suggest I am. Sorry if I'm coming across as such however.

"I don't have a citation about Subcon being a universe, however in the Mario universe, the dreams hat people make turn into universes in the Dream Depot. Mario party 5 confirmed it."

The events of SMB2 still didn't actually happen in the main timeline nor scale to Mario.

"Uh, can't you see? At the beginning of the game, it literally merged the mushroom kingdom with the Rabbid world. HELL, even in the gameplay, the little robot thing always say "We must clear up this mess".

For someone who personally apologized to me for being mean and is telling me to calm down, you sure are acting quite rude and condescending right now. All I asked was a citation for it. Can you show me a cutscene of the beginning of the game?

"Not. really. As we are able to see MANY times, after a luma eat a lot of startbites, it automatically turns into a galaxy (aka a level of the game). So, Power Stars>Lumas, power stars=galaxy levell"

Lumas at their base form still aren't nearly as powerful as when they transform from the starbits though. And again why do you want to assume that all the lumas that got overpowered are the ones that turn into galaxies as opposed to the other ones that turn into stars, planets or comets?

Also one thing I am starting to wonder is why are we treating using being "empowered by a star" as equating to "drawing in/absorbing the entirety of all its energy and automatically scaling to all the feats that it's ever done".

It's starting to exaggerate all these minibosses to stats vastly beyond what they have ever truly shown or stated. And I mean quite obviously certain people like Bowser can draw way more energy from the stars than Bowser Jr's machines or a fodder wiggler. If these other bad guys were truly capable of using their new found power to take over/destroy the world, don't you think they would've done so?

I guess that's more a question for me to talk to DRB about. Or something I'm just going to have to personally disagree on and respect the rest of people who feel differently.

I'm just going to open this thread temporarily to give my thoughts on it so this won't be brought up again. Alot of these feats and claims are borderline speculation and doesn't not support the tier that was propose. Many of them are based from the aesthetics change of the background or opening a rift, neither which are a valid or supports that the characters are tier 2. I'm going to address these games one at a time to get this cleared:

SMG games: The worlds in SMG2 are not universes. They are different sections of the universe. I already addressed this in the calculation of Grand Star-powered Bowser and Starship Mario's speed. And just because the Grand Star can open portals of time and space, does not mean they are Multi-Universal. Everything in thoses games are Low 2-C because everything takes place in a single universe. Period.

SMRPG: Destroying Star Road =/= Universe . Exor did not effect the moon or tens of stars. He simply destroyed Star Road in order to prevent the wishes from the world from reaching the area, thus making wishes never coming true. And I had this discussion about Culex with a senior member of this wiki. It's agreed that the statements on his powers, official and self-stated alike, were not enough to make him Low 2-C. I didn't think so at first but that's how it is considering other characters in this wiki faced a similar situation.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon: No. This has been the only time King Boo has performed such as feat in his long history in the series and it's out of the blue. The tier should be limited to the ability and not the character or those who fought him. The only change I'm willing to make is the Paranormal Portal being Low 2-C rather than 3-A since the paranormality is affect the reality of their dimension.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and Paper Jam: Bowser never fought Antasma and the latter never had the dream stone. None of these ratings will be applied to them. Simply opening portals and rifts does not make a person Universal. The only valid point you brought up was Antasma's flipping the entire Dream World upside-down(Not time/space) during the fight against him. I may need to think about that one. But for now, the stats remains unchanged. And the backgroung in Paper Jam's final battle is pure aesthetics only. It has nothing to do with Shiny RoboBowser or the plot of the game whatsoever. Even if it did, there's nothing supporting that the entire universe was affected. For all we know, it's only the sky and nothing else. This is pure speculation and a very weak one at that.

Mario and Rabbids: Kingdom Battle: I already discussed this with Metal about this. I'll copy and paste what I said: I seen a decent among of cutscenes of the game and I don't recall two universes being merged at all. It seems more of the case that only Mario's universe is affected as the game is solely focused on making things back to normal in his world and nobody is concerned about wether other dimensions are affected. In fact, when the Rabbids travelled to Mario's world, their world after they left seems fine. If anything, it's a Low 2-C feat and not 2-C.

So after all this, the only change of the existing pages that will be taking place is the Paranormal Portal ability being changed from possibly 3-A to Low 2-C. King Boo, however, will not scale to the feat itself. And I already explained the Rabbids + Kingdom Battle in other threads before commenting on this one.

So please, enough of these ridiculous threads that amounts to nothing. If I have to be honest, all it does is make everyone believe that the people who support this franchise are full of wankers and at this point, I don't blame them for thinking such. I'm getting tired of people trying to upgrade the characters of this verse through absurd means or simply trying to make them what they never were or intended to be just because we highly favor this franchise. Truth to be said, this verse was never meant to show-off how strong the characters are. It's not all "In your face" like other verses are. The prority of the franchise and it's means of entertainment is gameplay and innovation above everything else. It just so happens that after 30-years of Nintendo building the world and expanding it's lore, it ended up to be a surprsingly powerful series thanks to certian games in the franchise. So let's stop boosting this verse into what it is not and I wish to never visit this again. Also, and this goes for everyone involved, I would like to ask to drop the excessive amount of match-up threads involving these characters and the verse as a whole. Seriously, they are getting boarderline ridiculous and I know some people on this wiki are tired of constantly seeing them in their activities list. I'm not into match-ups in the slightest but I know when there's too much of them when I see it. Let's stop overhyping this franchise please. It's just unintentionally going to diminish it's rather consistent quality.

I also agree with Dino Ranger Black. I will close this thread again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back