• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mushoku Tensei Discussion Thread

Rather than Acausality hax, it'd probably just be limited Fate Manip for individuals with strong fate. Orsted is the only one with Acausality Type 4 after all.

Orsted's Acausality would provide an unconventional resistance to: Fate Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Cosmic Awareness, and Divination.
Hitogami would also have fate manipulation via being able to change destiny when "Roxy's fate was weakened due to her pregnancy" (weird condition but alright)
It also appears that there are levels and strengths to certain people's fates i.e. strong fated people can change the destiny of lesser fated people

Hitogami would also have fate manipulation via being able to change destiny when "Roxy's fate was weakened due to her pregnancy" (weird condition but alright)
It also appears that there are levels and strengths to certain people's fates i.e. strong fated people can change the destiny of lesser fated people

And I was just saying that they can also have Limited Acausality since the cause and effect system protects them from certain things.

Actually i was rethinking this and I think they shouldnt have fate manipulation because what Hitogami does is use his precognition to know about the cause and effects of his actions which is what he uses to meddle with the world
If it was smth like fate manipulation then he wouldnt need to directly involve himself by physically manipulating people

He should get precognition and a section in his intelligence page about how good of a manipulator he is

If it was smth like fate manipulation then he wouldnt need to directly involve himself by physically manipulating people
It's quite logical. The only problem is that it's not specified how Hitogami changes fate. Nothing says that he acts physically to modify destiny. The only actions he does physically are to get rid of Rudeus whose destiny he cannot manipulate otherwise he does nothing physical. And the part with Orsted and Rudeus makes one doubt a little about the interpretation.
He should get precognition and a section in his intelligence page about how good of a manipulator he is
He already has precognition since he has all the demonic eyes and has repeatedly been said to be able to perceive the future (up to 100 years). For his intelligence he should be Extraordinary Genius because he is the only character in the series with more knowledge than Orsted and capable of outsmarting Orsted in his loops.

Last edited:
It's quite logical. The only problem is that it's not specified how Hitogami changes fate. Nothing says that he acts physically to modify destiny. The only actions he does physically are to get rid of Rudeus whose destiny he cannot manipulate otherwise he does nothing physical. And the part with Orsted and Rudeus makes one doubt a little about the interpretation.
manipulating people by coming in their dreams is absolutely an action he has to take, if he could just will people to turn over and die then he would have done so
but he cannot do that unless they are in a sensitive state such as pregnancy and even then it wouldnt be enough

People like say, Orsted, have such ridiculously strong destinies that they can alter the majority of people's fates at will, but there are still limits even for him. The Republic of Shirone can only be born if Pax lives, for example.

manipulating people by coming in their dreams is absolutely an action he has to take
It's when he wants these people to be his pawns not that he wants to manipulate their fate.
if he could just will people to turn over and die then he would have done so
but he cannot do that unless they are in a sensitive state such as pregnancy and even then it wouldnt be enough
Except that he generally only wants those with strong destiny to die, but he can't manipulate the latter.

I have now gathered every significant Orsted scan from across all 26 volumes.

Unfortunately, he is Orsted, and can use every technique, skill, and magic in the verse, so a second combover will be needed in order to add every single applicable ability to him.

I have now gathered every significant Orsted scan from across all 26 volumes.

Unfortunately, he is Orsted, and can use every technique, skill, and magic in the verse, so a second combover will be needed in order to add every single applicable ability to him.
Thanks, that will be helpful.

Last edited:
Holy shit! Rudeus is just like my dad fr fr! He also went to another country while having a kid and slept with another woman!!!1!!!1!!
Dude what?
That being said, Roxy is being an asshole. You just met this guy, fell in love with him in a few days and now you wanna be a homewrecker with him? What an asshole, you knew he's married and got another woman pregnant.

Roxy belongs to the streets. Especially after she took advantage of Rudeus to sleep with him.
So much anger.
Sylphiette deserves better. But knowing how stories like these will go, she will be fine with Rudeus cheating on her.
For the sake of the story.
Oh and Paul died. Bummer. Well, at least he taught his son to swing two swords at once.
Shit. There are two contexts to what you are saying.

VK3BAZJ.png

Here are some feats and info from the first part of volume 9 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 1:

.- Zanoba can lift a person three times his weight and throw him without problems

Chapter 2:

.- Elinalise is capable of performing beginner level water spells

Chapter 3:

.- Linia and Pursena are the most powerful beastmen of the academy
.- Rudeus learns beginner level divine and barrier magic

Chapter 4:

.- Badigadi immune to magic eyes
.- Rudues with more mana than Laplace
.- Laplace had the record for the most mana recorded
.- Rudeus destroys Badibadi with his most powerful stone cannon
.- Badigadi regenerates after having his body destroyed

Chapter 5:

.- Badigadi's aura cannot be overcome by spells or swordsmen lower than king level
.- Badigadi is bad against rivals of king level or higher

Chapter 6:

.- Nanahoshi does not age
.- Nanahoshi has no mana

Looking in different forums about discussions about Mushoku Tensei I found a user who commented on some comments that the author had given.

This is the link where I got it from:

And the quotes are the following:

"The meteorite that Rudues threw at Orsted is emperor level"
"Rudeus only dealt 10% damage to Orsted during his battle"
"Nukes are saint, king or emperor level spells"
"Rudeus can destroy a city with one spell"
"Orsted can destroy continents with one blow"

Is there any way to verify it? Does anyone have a compilation of all this information that the author has said in different publications?

Started reading the LN starting from Volume 13. Though I can't be certain I'll remain consistent on it.

Most of those in that reddit post are already sourced, but here's another compilation with links if you'd like one.
Thanks for the compilation.

I highlight the following for my scale for now:

.- (OLD)Badi is about as strong as Ghislaine and how magic power works with touki:

.- (OLD)About Sylphie’s strength(saint tier):

.- (WN18) Laplace and Orsted 50-50:

.- (WN18) possible confirmation that Arumanfi is faster than Orsted, mastering gravity magic is in Rudeus's plans, that not all LSL are light speed and that Mk.1 Rudeus is weaker than Reida:

.- Zanoba strengh:

"What would happen if Zanoba fought a Saint King class swordsman?
You can't take damage against Zanoba, but Zanoba can't trap your opponent either, so there's no way for you to win or lose.
However, Eris can use magic at a casual beginner level, so you can win."

.- Rudeus power:

"
How strong is Rudy?
If you were to face a Sword God style opponent,
there would be no element to defeat the God class, and the Emperor class would only have a chance depending on the distance and situation.
The King class can usually win if they are far away, and the Saint class can win even at close range.
You can win 80% of the time against advanced players. I can't compete with anyone below the intermediate level.
It's easier when you're dealing with a magician because there's a disturbance."

Thanks for the compilation.

I highlight the following for my scale for now:

.- (OLD)Badi is about as strong as Ghislaine and how magic power works with touki:

.- (OLD)About Sylphie’s strength(saint tier):

.- (WN18) Laplace and Orsted 50-50:

.- (WN18) possible confirmation that Arumanfi is faster than Orsted, mastering gravity magic is in Rudeus's plans, that not all LSL are light speed and that Mk.1 Rudeus is weaker than Reida:
The declarations of the WN will not be used except those of ODT.
.- Zanoba strengh:

"What would happen if Zanoba fought a Saint King class swordsman?
You can't take damage against Zanoba, but Zanoba can't trap your opponent either, so there's no way for you to win or lose.
However, Eris can use magic at a casual beginner level, so you can win."
I don't believe that in the LN this is the case.
.- Rudeus power:

"
How strong is Rudy?
If you were to face a Sword God style opponent,
there would be no element to defeat the God class, and the Emperor class would only have a chance depending on the distance and situation.
The King class can usually win if they are far away, and the Saint class can win even at close range.
You can win 80% of the time against advanced players. I can't compete with anyone below the intermediate level.
It's easier when you're dealing with a magician because there's a disturbance."
Hum.

Has there been any significant change that affects this other than during the publication of the Wn?
Yes. Orsted and Laplace are not 50-50. Badi is stronger than Ruijerd who has his port is stronger than Ghislaine. Mk1 Rudy is much more powerful than Reida. Reida's only advantage is her secret technique which she must use in tight places for more damage.
Lots of inconsistencies. Zanoba wears armor that would normally grant him Saint-tier durability. Eris just goes for the one shot.
It seems that the author wants to strongly imply that Rudeus is emperor level
The spells he uses are Emperor level but have the power of God level. Rudeus himself has said that he doesn't see the point in learning God-tier magic because his magic is already at that level. And Orsted said that his explosion is a God-tier spell.

Yes. Orsted and Laplace are not 50-50. Badi is stronger than Ruijerd who has his port is stronger than Ghislaine. Mk1 Rudy is much more powerful than Reida. Reida's only advantage is her secret technique which she must use in tight places for more damage.
Badigadi is not stronger than Ruijerd that I know of, we just talked about how he is King level when Ruijerd is superior to Ghislaine.
Lots of inconsistencies. Zanoba wears armor that would normally grant him Saint-tier durability. Eris just goes for the one shot.
Mmm the point of the question I think is:

Zaboba with armor = King

And he once again highlights his vulnerability to magic.

And from what you say it can't be because Eris is king level and can easily defeat Zanoba?

I think you can argue that Eris is emperor level or close to it or just say that Eris is superior to a normal king level.
The spells he uses are Emperor level but have the power of God level. Rudeus himself has said that he doesn't see the point in learning God-tier magic because his magic is already at that level. And Orsted said that his explosion is a God-tier spell.
Only one of the explosions (the final one) comments that it is close to god level from what I remember.
I'm just talking about my impression, but I feel like the author wants to say something like:

God >= Rudeus full > Emperor = Rudeus

He only get this levels when he uses a lot of his mana

Mmm the point of the question I think is:

Zaboba with armor = King

And he once again highlights his vulnerability to magic.

And from what you say it can't be because Eris is king level and can easily defeat Zanoba?

I think you can argue that Eris is emperor level or close to it or just say that Eris is superior to a normal king level.
Eris is Emperor level and doesn't give a damn about the title, that's why she is King level. In addition, she can withstand a casual attack from FGA.
Only one of the explosions (the final one) comments that it is close to god level from what I remember.
I'm just talking about my impression, but I feel like the author wants to say something like:

God >= Rudeus full > Emperor = Rudeus

He only get this levels when he uses a lot of his mana
Yeah. He wants to separate Orsted and DDG Laplace from Rudeus a little but with the feats he is at God level even if it is not at their level.

That's why he asks you, what would be the inconsistency with Zanoba's power?
The fact that it is said that a Saint-tier cannot inflict damage on him. Like I said he wears the armor that should give him Saint-tier so he can't be King-tier like you say. The inconsistency would come from the fact that Rudeus himself said that he has the physical abilities of the Saint-Tier with Mk 2. If you upgrade Zanoba to King-tier then it should be the same for Rudeus.

Back