• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mushoku Tensei Discussion Thread

The problem is that Rudeus' power is so enormous that magic rank will hardly apply to him.
We have two options, either take the rankings with Rudeus seriously or not. If we do, Rudeus is imperial when he attacks Badigadi and Orsted is incoherent. If we don't take it, no one at any point can scale above Rudeus, making the scale more diffuse for the rest of the characters.

We have two options, either take the rankings with Rudeus seriously or not. If we do, Rudeus is imperial when he attacks Badigadi and Orsted is incoherent. If we don't take it, no one at any point can scale above Rudeus, making the scale more diffuse for the rest of the characters.
Why no one whould scale above Rudeus?

Can I see the scans for speed of light scaling please?
The Speed of Light is the greatest speed in the verse at the moment, it can only be reached by Spirits of Light by dematerializing, and by Sword-God Style Swordsmen of Saint-rank or higher by using the Longsword of Light technique.
Beside me, Ghislaine put her hand on her sword and her silhouette blurred. The next moment she was in a pose as if she had just struck with her sword. She’d demonstrated this to me many times before. The Sword God Style’s Saint-tier technique, the Longsword of Light. A secret technique of the Sword God Style, it was said that if you performed it perfectly, the tip of your sword reached the speed of light. Ghislaine told me it was this technique that made Sword God Style the strongest of the three styles.
Then, like a chain reaction, I remembered the name Arumanfi. He was one of those twelve familiars. Arumanfi the Bright.
“Be careful, Ghislaine. According to the literature I read, this guy can move at the speed of light.”
That said, where had he come from? No wait, Arumanfi the Bright was said to be the governing spirit of light. It was said that he could travel any distance instantaneously if it were within line of sight. Back when I read that, I thought it was a load of rubbish, but he had appeared behind me in the blink of an eye. Ghislaine would never let her guard down, and he had no reason to be lurking in this area beforehand. He must have flown here, at the literal speed of light. That was one of his abilities after all.
(All from Volume 2, Chapter 8, "Turning Point")

Okay, so what are you suggesting? That it was at his peak that he was comparable to Laplace?
In the case of Rudeus I think so, it is best not to follow his level mentions and simply no one receives a scale. Now the point is, if we can't go by the scale, would the Rudeus who defeated the Cobra be able to harm Orsted? It's a year before Kishirika compared him to Laplace. What's more, Roxy is King level, but she is inferior to this Rudeus?

Also Digital_Franz I would like to add that the “world” in MT is not universes. in the last episode of the first meson during the scene with Sylphy we can see a globe in the form of a cube and in ODT it is also said that the worlds are separated by a barrier that you can cross if you have the jewel of the gods
As I walked along the hall, I idly wondered if the presence of those stars meant this universe looked something like my old one on the cosmic scale.
For many years now, I’ve been asking myself why I was brought here—to this universe, this place, and this specific time.

Last edited:
In the case of Rudeus I think so, it is best not to follow his level mentions and simply no one receives a scale. Now the point is, if we can't go by the scale, would the Rudeus who defeated the Cobra be able to harm Orsted?
Normally a lot of time has passed since that moment. Don't forget that Almanfi had already mistaken him for the Mana Calamity.
What's more, Roxy is King level, but she is inferior to this Rudeus?
Yes. She is much inferior to Rudeus.

Швидкість Світла є найбільшою швидкістю у вірші на даний момент, її можуть досягти лише Духи Світла шляхом дематеріалізації та Мечники у стилі Бога-Меча рангу Святого або вище за допомогою техніки Довгого Меча Світла.

(Усе з Тома 2, Розділ 8, «Поворотний момент»)
the speed of light is not a limit. Different blades of light can have different speeds, it all depends on the use. as I already gave an example above, Gal was able to get the sword faster than Ghyslaine could repair it. even if we don’t think that Ghyslaine’s reaction is at the speed of light, it will already be faster than Almanfi’s movement speed and, accordingly, the blade of light in his execution will be even faster, just like Gino attacked faster than Gal ever

while I was looking for scans for this I found this in vol 23 extra chapter about Badi: Light wrapped around the two as their lives faded from the world.

Hm? Skeptical about the light? A little too pretty? Hardly! That rotten Laplace had made his body explode. That vindictive ass had thought about what to do if he were killed. He'd prepared a special art to use as he lay at death's door, one that would split the smallest particles of his body upon his death-the Laplace factor-which would spread out across all the matter in the world, biding its time. Unfortunately for him, the Man-God had come up with a scheme to combat this. The secret technique the armor had deployed against him rendered his art incomplete. When his body was split, half of the mana intended to perform this technique was missing. It spun out of control, exploding a terrible, but not totalizing, destruction. The immortal Laplace died.

I don’t know if the translation is correct and I would like someone to check this if possible, but if confirmed, would this mean that the initial energy in Laplace’s spell will be twice as large?

the speed of light is not a limit. Different blades of light can have different speeds, it all depends on the use. as I already gave an example above, Gal was able to get the sword faster than Ghyslaine could repair it. even if we don’t think that Ghyslaine’s reaction is at the speed of light, it will already be faster than Almanfi’s movement speed and, accordingly, the blade of light in his execution will be even faster, just like Gino attacked faster than Gal ever
No. Ths speed of light is the speed limit, because the Longsword of Light is the fastest technique, and travels at light-speed. Also, nobody has Speed of Light reaction speed, they are at most relativistic.

Normally a lot of time has passed since that moment. Don't forget that Almanfi had already mistaken him for the Mana Calamity.

Yes. She is much inferior to Rudeus.

Right now the scale is this:

Orsted = Dragon God > Technique God > Fighting God > Laplace = Demon God > Death God > Sword God > Kalman II = North God > God > Imperial > Ruijerd > Almanfi = Ghislaine = Roxy Staff Water King (x2) = King > Roxy King > Roxy Staff Fire King (x0,5) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Water (x5) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Fire (x2) > Rudeus Magic > Jinas Halfas Magic > Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = Saint > Roxy Magic > Roxy Staff Fire (x0,5) > Class A Monster

Are you suggest to change like this?

Orsted = Dragon God > Technique God > Fighting God > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Water (x5) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Fire (x2) > Rudeus Magic = Laplace = Demon God > Death God > Sword God > Kalman II = North God > God > Imperial > Ruijerd > Almanfi = Ghislaine = Roxy Staff Water King (x2) = King > Roxy King > Roxy Staff Fire King (x0,5) > Jinas Halfas Magic > Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = Saint > Roxy Magic > Roxy Staff Fire (x0,5) > Class A Monster

Ні. Швидкість світла є обмеженням, тому що Довгий Меч Світла є найшвидшою технікою та рухається зі швидкістю світла. Крім того, ніхто не має швидкості реакції швидкості світла, вони щонайбільше релятивістські.
тоді як меч світла одного фехтувальника може бути швидшим за таку саму техніку іншого? Я буквально навів приклад: Гіслейн могла спостерігати за рухом Альманфі, який буквально є світлом, але не може реагувати на те, що Гал дістає меч

Right now the scale is this:

Orsted = Dragon God > Technique God > Fighting God > Laplace = Demon God > Death God > Sword God > Kalman II = North God > God > Imperial > Ruijerd > Almanfi = Ghislaine = Roxy Staff Water King (x2) = King > Roxy King > Roxy Staff Fire King (x0,5) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Water (x5) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Fire (x2) > Rudeus Magic > Jinas Halfas Magic > Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = Saint > Roxy Magic > Roxy Staff Fire (x0,5) > Class A Monster

Are you suggest to change like this?

Orsted = Dragon God > Technique God > Fighting God > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Water (x5) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Fire (x2) > Rudeus Magic = Laplace = Demon God > Death God > Sword God > Kalman II = North God > God > Imperial > Ruijerd > Almanfi = Ghislaine = Roxy Staff Water King (x2) = King > Roxy King > Roxy Staff Fire King (x0,5) > Jinas Halfas Magic > Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = Saint > Roxy Magic > Roxy Staff Fire (x0,5) > Class A Monster
Yes. Right now I think Rudeus' only problem is his speed.

Are you interested by the verse?
Yeah MUSHOKU TENSEI is great. It's a few steps behind re zero but I think it is a really good series.

Mostly talking about the anime though. I tried reading the novel before and it just wasn't as good. IMO the anime adaptation is the best form of it by far.

Opposite of Re Zero.

Ln vol 15 chapter 13

– The First Dragon God created the reincarnation technique. Send your soul into the future, occupy the body of another being, and eventually be resurrected.

_ ...

The way he phrased it seemed... a little unsettling.

– However, body and soul are usually inseparable. Someone else's soul will be instantly rejected by the body, which will lead to the failure of the technique. It was for this reason that the first Dragon God infused elements of himself into several people. The children of these people inherited these parts of it and were very slightly changed by them. His plan was to create the perfect vessel for his soul, even if it took hundreds or thousands of years of slow and steady change.

The technique of reincarnation works on the principle of moving the soul into the future. Also, taking this into account, we can say for sure that the rebirth of demons works in at least a similar way, especially since Kishirika was able to survive the complete erasure of her body and was reborn as a child

Ln vol 25 Interlude: Armor
"Though I am an immortal demon, I expect I should die if I fought him, for he knows ways to kill even those of my kind."

Badi says that Orestede can kill him (obviously thinking about the technique of the dragon race that Laplace should also know).

Yeah MUSHOKU TENSEI is great. It's a few steps behind re zero but I think it is a really good series.

Mostly talking about the anime though. I tried reading the novel before and it just wasn't as good. IMO the anime adaptation is the best form of it by far.

Opposite of Re Zero.
However, I find that the LN is good. The anime removed a lot of content as usual. But I understand you.

Ln vol 15 chapter 13

– The First Dragon God created the reincarnation technique. Send your soul into the future, occupy the body of another being, and eventually be resurrected.

_ ...

The way he phrased it seemed... a little unsettling.

– However, body and soul are usually inseparable. Someone else's soul will be instantly rejected by the body, which will lead to the failure of the technique. It was for this reason that the first Dragon God infused elements of himself into several people. The children of these people inherited these parts of it and were very slightly changed by them. His plan was to create the perfect vessel for his soul, even if it took hundreds or thousands of years of slow and steady change.

The technique of reincarnation works on the principle of moving the soul into the future. Also, taking this into account, we can say for sure that the rebirth of demons works in at least a similar way, especially since Kishirika was able to survive the complete erasure of her body and was reborn as a child

Ln vol 25 Interlude: Armor
"Though I am an immortal demon, I expect I should die if I fought him, for he knows ways to kill even those of my kind."

Badi says that Orestede can kill him (obviously thinking about the technique of the dragon race that Laplace should also know).
I have been wondering for a long time if I could get Immortality Negation out due to the fact that it can kill immortal demons.

Так. Зараз я думаю, що єдиною проблемою Рудеуса є його швидкість.
at least Rudeus is able to see the movement of Orsted when he is able to dodge lightning

"Taking advantage of this brief opportunity, Orsted quickly approached. Keeping his right arm extended towards me, he brought his left hand back to his belt, and then struck my heart with all his might.

- Ngh...!

On instinct, I took evasive action. Using both legs at once, I threw myself backwards with all the strength and speed I could muster.

- Guh!

I'm slow.

Orsted's fist slammed into my breastplate. A whistling sound filled the air and I watched it disappear into the distance with ferocious speed. Soon the whistling gave way to a rumble and crunch behind me, and the world was filled with dancing trees."

Last edited:
I have been thinking for a long time about how I can remove Immortality Negation through those who can kill immortal demons.
I will also collect scans to give Orsted's blade this ability since with it he can kill Laplace without needing a superd third eye without which he cannot be killed (obviously not because of physical strength since Laplace cannot even use touki but due to the fact that otherwise he will simply reincarnate again)

Last edited:
at least Rudeus is able to see the movement of Orsted when he is able to dodge lightning

"Taking advantage of this brief opportunity, Orsted quickly approached. Keeping his right arm extended towards me, he brought his left hand back to his belt, and then struck my heart with all his might.

- Ngh...!

On instinct, I took evasive action. Using both legs at once, I threw myself backwards with all the strength and speed I could muster.

- Guh!

I'm slow.

Orsted's fist slammed into my breastplate. A whistling sound filled the air and I watched it disappear into the distance with ferocious speed. Soon the whistling gave way to a rumble and crunch behind me, and the world was filled with dancing trees."
I'm talking about Rudeus in volume 6 through 14.

I will also collect scans to give Orsted's blade this ability since with it he can kill Laplace without needing a superd third eye without which he cannot be killed (obviously not because of physical strength since Laplace cannot even use touki but due to the fact that otherwise he will simply reincarnate again)
I think you are all wrong about one thing. Don't use aura=/=be physically weak. It all depends on his receptacle.

Opposite of Re Zero.
Haha xd I found it funny because I have the completely opposite opinion, I consider that the anime is very inferior to the novel. I still have to read the ReZero novel

even if so, to completely kill him clearly requires more than just harming the body, since then Orsted would not need the superd or his sword. And Laplace can still be strong physically without touki but in physical strength he will be like a strong demon or something considering he lost his dragon part
I think you are all wrong about one thing. Don't use aura=/=be physically weak. It all depends on his receptacle.

even if so, to completely kill him clearly requires more than just harming the body, since then Orsted would not need the superd or his sword. And Laplace can still be strong physically without touki but in physical strength he will be like a strong demon or something considering he lost his dragon part
Yes.

Yes. Currently @Narutouchiha95 does the powerscaling after each volume moving forward.
By the way, I think that for volume 6 we should have at least two versions of Eris and three of Rudeus:

.- Eris: Volume 2-3 (Advanced) and Eris: Volume 4-6 (Pinnacle of Advanced, close to Saint)
.- Rudeus: Volume 1 (Without staff), Volume 2-3 (With staff and almost intermediate level in swordsman), Volume 4-6 (Intermediate level swordman and magic eye)

I think we need to consider this calculation:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Magawata/Eris_almost_dodges_Gino's_Sword_of_Light_Calculation
Which will also match Orsted's speed.

I also believe that if the calculation does not need to be changed, then it would be more logical to use the largest result. reason: Volume 10 chapter 12.1 Ln, Volume 11 chapter 11.5 Wn
“Ghislaine didn’t even have time to react as the master’s sword was pointed at her. To an ordinary person, it would seem that the sword simply appeared out of nowhere. Ghyslaine saw the movement of the sword. And still she would not be able to respond to such an attack. Even if she herself was the King level swordsmen, in the face of a man who was the fastest in his generation, her skills would not be enough to react in time."
Ghyslaine is able to observe Almanfi's movements but cannot react to the speed of Gal simply drawing his sword.
This already makes Gal's sword draw speed FTL and means it will be much higher when using Lsol. Gino surpasses him in Lsol speed, which means the attack that Eris almost dodged should be significantly higher than the normal speed of light
@Digital_Franz I want to ask if you can do this calculation in the future? This would nicely explain Ghyslaine's feat in the anime after Eris was kidnapped and could also affect the speed of other characters in the future. I'm also thinking that this could, in theory, be useful if we have to calculate the AP for the meteorite in the event that 6A for the oreusp is not approved

@Digital_Franz I want to ask if you can do this calculation in the future? This would nicely explain Ghyslaine's feat in the anime after Eris was kidnapped and could also affect the speed of other characters in the future. I'm also thinking that this could, in theory, be useful if we have to calculate the AP for the meteorite in the event that 6A for the oreusp is not approved
This calc is better than the others proposed.

тоді як меч світла одного фехтувальника може бути швидшим за таку саму техніку іншого? Я буквально навів приклад: Гіслейн могла спостерігати за рухом Альманфі, який буквально є світлом, але не може реагувати на те, що Гал дістає меч
'Tis a matter of distance. Almanfi approached from between many kilometers at max, and several meters at least. Additionally, Almanfi can only move at light-speed, when he attacks he must materialize and is not that fast, so he can be countered and hit.
Q: If Almanfi and Orsted race, who will win?

A: Almanfi wins by a landslide.

Q: Although Isolte's sword cannot catch up with the Sword King, who moves at the speed of light, is it possible to catch Mr. Almanfi who moves at the speed of light??

A: The only thing Almanfi is fast at is "moving". When it comes to the attack stage, you have to materialize, and it's not that fast so you can catch it.

We see this with Water God Reida, who did not cut Almanfi as he moved behind her, but he was able to kill him as soon as he materialized.
By combining those two mystic arts, a phantom art is created, which could be called a sixth secret art.

[Deprivation Sword Kingdom]

She strikes from a single stance, be it a swing striking down, up, left or right.

From where she is, it's possible for her to kill all of her opponents in every direction.

If anyone moves even a step, she will respond to that movement, capable of cutting down everything.

"Nobody move. I want to avoid this if possible."

Perugius' subordinate, Almanfi the Radiant, moved as soon as Reida had appeared.

He was behind Reida in an instant, and was sheared in half in the next moment.

He did not leave a corpse, but disappeared in particles of light.

Back