• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Musashi

VS

Code:

50 meters apart, win by death. Neither have a fame boost.

For those saying Gae Bolg solos, the reason I came up with this is because of Musashi's Empyrean Eye. I have no idea who would win.

Musashi has B rank luck, comparable to Saber's, and we know that Saber can dodge its insta-kill effect.

The kicker here is with Musashi's Empyrean eye, as what OP said. Its general effect is "narrowing all possible measures into one" (aka Probability/Causality manipulation), and as description states, its not necessarily limited to offense. That means we're looking at an arguably stronger version of Instinct here, which ups her chances of survivng.

Outside of Gae Bolg's activation, I'd give this to Musashi easily. She is at an equal or higher level of swordsmanship as Sasaki Kojiro, someone who Lancer stated that he didn't want to fight (in anime and the novel).

Summary: Musashi is a roided up Kojiro and would win against Lancer.

Nope, I'm assuming this is before EoR Musashi then she is inferior to Koujiro because she hasn't reached Emptiness. Cu didn't want to fight CQC against Kojirou and would instead nuke him from afar. He would like do the same here. Disengage before nuking her seems like a viable strategy. Then we get the coin toss of will Gae Bolg insta kill her. So overall I favour Cu. If this was after EoR Musashi I would favour her.

Desc says summoned in her prime. She's a Servant here. Pre-EOR Musashi was human.

EDIT: Also, would like to add that she also has range (shockwave slashes(beams?), and Ishana Daitenshou). AFAIK Cu jumps up into the air for that nuke attack. He'd be easy pickings with no movement in mid-air.

Oh it's servant Musashi. Hmmm then I don't know who wins Cu has rune barriers, disengage and potential to one shot with either of his nps but Musashi is leagues better than him in CQC and Emperyean Eye and Zero is gg in CQC.

He'd need to cast his runes first. And as aforementioned, Musashi has range. I'd say disengage would allow him only a respite, not for anything with a long prep time.

Yeah but Cu has superior range and Rune barriers plus Battle Continuation. Disengage would reset her technique conditions from the start letting him use Death Flight. But if he doesn't go for that he dies in CQC from Zero sword or Ishana Daitenshou in mid range.

I disagree, disengage is very useful here. It allowed him to fight and retreat from every servant in the HGW. So I would say that it would give him enough time to use death flight. He can deal with her regular energy slashes probably since he lasted for half a day against Gil.

The question again here is prep time. We can see from the Grand Order anime (granted, not be the best source) that Cu even as a Caster needed time to cast his spells. Being in a more combat oriented class, he'd have a harder time setting that up, no?

Can't say anything with Disengage, but I don't know if this skill translates to a literal reset forced onto the opponent. From the looks of it, its more of Cu-oriented, with the purpose of just retreating safely.

Battle Continuation is moot, Musashi does not deal damage via big, decisive hits (NP excluded). Most likely scenario is just Cu being weathered down past the limits of BC.

And we go back to Empyrean Eye. From the looks of this skill, its comparable to Instinct if used defensively. Gives her an edge in surviving anything that would surprise her.

EDIT: Cu survived, not fought back against Gil. He can deflect the slashes, possibly, but that wouldn't allow him counter-attacks, methinks. Especially if Musashi was gaining ground on him. It'd be an endless cat-and-mouse chase.

IIRC he cast a rune barrier very fast in heaven's feel.

Seems like a literal reset from the description of "returning the battle conditions to turn one".

Empyrean Eye wouldn't let her survive Death flight.

Voting inconclusive while leaning to Musashi. Musashi would kill him in CQC with Zero sword, mid range is debatable Gae Bolg against Daitenshou, but Emperyean Eye and B luck gives her the edge. Long Range Cu has a one shot attack. This match is pretty much can Cu disengage and use his NPs in time.

Agreed, its dependent on starting conditions then.

Would still vote for Musashi given the number of advantageous scenarios she has (Lancer only has a distinct one at long/ ultra-long range).

I'm not sure, the skill sounds like its between an "Instinct-like" skill, and literal Fate Manipulation. If its the latter, I'd say yes.

yeah, sounds like she takes Instinct and makes it more than just instinct, but rather a matter of seeing the outcome she wants and using her unrivaled swordsmanship to arrive at that destination. It's like she turns Instinct into an altogether different fighting skill.

I agree with others though. Close to mid, Musashi wins. Long range, if Cu can get his NPs off, he wins in most outcomes. I say most as I'm simply subconciously adding human era to the equation like him using a different strategem once he gets his distance instead of DFing her straight away.

If it is Musashi after Shimosa,Her Swordmanship alone is op to the point that she is nigh invincible in cqc. And If Cu want to Gae bolg her he still need to deal with her mystic eye and her emptiness.

In shimosa Munenori's emptiness is nigh invincible, even spearmaster like Hozoin can't reach him.Musashi can fight him because she manage to reach same realm by reach the Mugen herself. I don't think Cu's skill in spear is better than Hozoin so his in cqc without rune he may even can't do anything but run.

And one more thing her magic resistance is rank A I don't think Cu lancer's rune can do anything.

Back