• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multiversal Mayhem Chapter 1: Who Is This Bizarre Homeless Looking Guy Who Has Put Us In Such A Unique Scenario?

"Either that or we press both and hope that the wrong answer won't kill us..."

Says my character, not noticing the wires

ok so, the nice-looking button is so obviously a trap that that means that the bad-looking one is as well because we would obviously pick it, but that itself is obvious so..................

i go on a mental tangent with myself for a moment

The wires have labels on them, the wires connected to the do not press button saying "Good Choice" and the press button saying "Bad Choice". They both lead into a socket in the wall, with small writing underneath where each wire went.

I continue to think

But if it's reverse reverse REVERSE reverse psychology? And by playing upon the inherent doubting of doubting that "Press Me" is the correct answer, it instead lures us into hitting "Don't Press Me", which is in reality an Incorrect Answer?

oh god oh godohgodohgodohgod

I stumble downwards, falling flat upon my ass, I huddle into a ball, murmuring to myself as I rock back and forth

The socket the press button is connected to reads "Right choice" while the not press button reads "Wrong Choice.

Both of the notes have an arrow at the bottom pointing to the other, both saying "the other option is correct."

There is a small puddle of water near the bottom of the sockets.

I look at Swath's character

"Walking long?"

[To say, have you been walking a long distance, thereby causing fatigue that prevents further walking. I have to spell this out because my parents use really old sayings and I also use them]

look at it

"I think that's the intent. This thing is probably just fueling our endless reverse psychological loop."

DMUA said:
look at it
"I think that's the intent. This thing is probably just fueling our endless reverse psychological loop."
After saying that, you notice a subtle writing etched into the wall, saying "Do the thing".

"Yeah, let's just stick to plan A and push them both."

DMUA said:
I look at Swath's character
"Walking long?"

[To say, have you been walking a long distance, thereby causing fatigue that prevents further walking. I have to spell this out because my parents use really old sayings and I also use them]
I notice a voice, freeing me from my continual thoughts

quitely, I say

"Not really" My voice is rasp and harsh, defiled by the boiling water poured down it when I asked mum If I'd ever go to heaven

"I've had a bad week, and this pedo oldie thinks that he can trick us into insanity by employing an infinite loop of reverse and regular psychology until our differing opinions as to what the answer is destroys us from the inside, enabling him to sacrifice our souls in the name of lucifer" I say, my voice undergoing a trembling harshness,

wait but what if he's in on it? what if he tries and killing me for finding the truth? oh god I hope he doesn't hit me, ohfuckhe'sgonnahitmehe'sgonnahitmeHEISGOINGTOHITME

I recoil back, the weak cloth finally falls off, revealing my burnt back, I put up a weak guard

''I look away not knowing what to do with this man''

DMUA said:
I look away not knowing what to do with this ma
Atleast he isn't hitting me, I think to myself, putting down my guard

What's the ******* point anymore? 'I'd rather die to a decision I know I wholly had control over than tensions sired by conflicting views. I walk up to the button console, staring down upon the two buttons with an emptiness in my eyes

"I-I mean, if each arrow is saying that the "other option is correct", doesn't that mean we should press the "Press Me" option? Since the option saying that "Press Me" is the good choice would be correct, and so would the option saying that "Do Not Press Me" is the wrong option."

I scratch my head a bit, and step back

"I-I don't know, really."

"Well anyone else got an idea besides push both... if not thats what we're doing?" I say in a tired tone.

I just walk over to the "Press me" butto

"What are we waiting for?"

Maybe I'll be useful for once in my life... a hero even? I think to myself, as I press down upon both buttons, pushing back with my legs in what is in essence essentially hopping backwards on a trampoline but WITHOUT the actual trampoline

Suddenly, a note slips underneath the door Axel left from. The note says:

"Push the plaid button"

and which one would be plaid?

out of principal I assume both

SwathingDegenera777 said:
Maybe I'll be useful for once in my life... a hero even? I think to myself, as I press down upon both buttons, pushing back with my legs in what is in essence essentially hopping backwards on a trampoline but WITHOUT the actual trampoline
The buttons jam when you try to press both at once.

[They won't if you press one.]

Torlikoff said:
Suddenly, a note slips underneath the door Axel left from. The note says:
"Push the plaid button"
Hitting my head after hopping back full force in what I ASSUME would have been my lastestmost moment, I become disoriented, stumbling back to my feet, I am ever so wobbly

"Nothin happened?" I stammer out like a drunken oaf

"right then"

"Ene minie miney Moe"

I push "do not push"

[It jammed when you pushed both]

[One on the other hand, GM specifically said would work]

DMUA said:
"right then"
"Ene minie miney Moe"

I push "do not push"
The table suddenly sparks and ignites into fire, as does the wall the buttons are connected to.

The building is made of wood.

"HECKMATA"

"RIGHT UGH"

I COULD REALLY USE MY SERVANT RIGHT NOW

In a panic, I dash towards somewhere farthest away from the fire

HE WANTS TO SET US ABLAZE WITH THE FIRES OF LUCIFER, OFFERING OUR SOULS TO HIM AS HE DEFILES OUR CORPSES! I think to myself, my mother's indoctrination running rampant in the mind

@DMUA

You feel a minor connection, like someone there is reaching out to try and help you. It's weak though.

@Saikou

The door doesn't budge

Back