• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MULTIVERSAL BLEACH UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arc is lowkey trying to piss off half of the anime powerscalers here but he's doing it in a way where he's technically right and it's astonishing to see LOL

GG, I agree with the revision, let's go 2-A hax!!

countless can just mean very many, not neccessarily infinite, the term infinite can be used hyperbolically and there are definitions of infinity that mean approaching a limitless value or simply an extremely great value in general.
so disagree, i dont think the evidence is sufficient enough

countless can just mean very many, not neccessarily infinite, the term infinite can be used hyperbolically and there are definitions of infinity that mean approaching a limitless value or simply an extremely great value in general.
Literally stated to be infinite in the novel. Not sure why you guys are "coincidentally." forget and rather focus on one miniscule part of the argument.

Anyone who's focusing on the countless statement as the main support should put the bong down.

We have multiple statements of countless futures existing within Bleach and we even have a direct statement from a credible source that infinite futures exist within Bleach.

The onus is on you to prove its hyperbolic given nothing supports nor even implies it's hyperbolic.

We have multiple statements of countless futures existing within Bleach and we even have a direct statement from a credible source that infinite futures exist within Bleach.

The onus is on you to prove its hyperbolic given nothing supports nor even implies it's hyperbolic.
The first line of your reply was already completely addressed in my first comment.

The second portion seems to be misinterpreting what i'm saying, im introducing the possibility of it being hyperbolic, because within the english language or even japanese manga it is common to use exaggerate values of things, especially but not limited to the use of the word infinite. So unless theres a concrete reason or basis its to be taken literally, i am not inclined to agreeing, hence me disagreeing.

The first line of your reply was already completely addressed in my first comment.

The second portion seems to be misinterpreting what i'm saying, im introducing the possibility of it being hyperbolic, because within the english language or even japanese manga it is common to use exaggerate values of things, especially but not limited to the use of the word infinite. So unless theres a concrete reason or basis its to be taken literally, i am not inclined to agreeing, hence me disagreeing.
Worst case scenario, the interpretation would be “2-B, likely 2-A hax”; however, as the others have pointed it, there’s a high preponderance of evidence towards the 2-A interpretation. Furthermore, when the narrator calls it infinite it’s not in a bombastic way that would indicate hyperbole, it’s in an explanatory way.

Edit: if the majority ends up finding 2-B, likely 2-A hax more agreeable that’s fine too btw

Last edited:

It didn't, you basically just said infinite can be interpreted in different ways, you have to debunk our interpretation, you haven't done that yet.

You have to prove its hyperbolic, just stating that it could is a literal non sequitur and isn't a counter to what we're proposing at all.

Also you shouldn't be disagreeing 2-A as a whole, you'd inherently have to concede to at least "at least 2-B, Possibly/Likely 2-A" since both arguments are based around presumed equal interpretations going by your line of logic, unless you're willing to prove your interpretation is so vastly above ours, which i heavily doubt you can.

So do you at least agree with that compromise?

Last edited:
We do it with BlazBlue, we do it with Nasuverse, we do it with Guilty Gear, we do it with Devil May Cry, we do it with Instant Death, we do it with Dungeons and Dragons, we do it with Warhammer, we do it with Destiny. (this list goes on and on)

We do it with all these other verses and everyone mostly has no problems with that but suddenly now it's a problem that Bleach is getting it too?, It seems kinda fishy ngl.
i forgot blazblue existed 💀

Isn't the cfyow statement kinda metaphorical? I mean it's Aura wanting Hikone to live and do many things, I'm not sure it can be used as evidence for the actual existence of infinite timelines and futures.

Worst case scenario, the interpretation would be “2-B, likely 2-A hax”; however, as the others have pointed it, there’s a high preponderance of evidence towards the 2-A interpretation. Furthermore, when the narrator calls it infinite it’s not in a bombastic way that would indicate hyperbole, it’s in an explanatory way.

Edit: if the majority ends up finding 2-B, likely 2-A hax more agreeable that’s fine too btw
Hyperboles don't necessarily need to be portrayed in a "bombtastic" way and the evidence you presented doesn't inherently lean towards the literally infinite interpretation, explained earlier. But yeah since this wiki for some odd reason considers countless automatically 2-B then sure I'd be all for 2-B precog, 2-B possibly 2-A is an OK compromise.
It didn't, you basically just said infinite can be interpreted in different ways, you have to debunk our interpretation, you haven't done that yet.
If you agree we can use that exact same evidence and interpret it several different ways, the argument becomes the textbook definition of non sequitur? Unless theres further evidence outside of what was presented in the scans that support your interpretation as the greatest possible one, then i'd be for an outright 2-A.
You have to prove its hyperbolic, just stating that it could is a literal non sequitur and isn't a counter to what we're proposing at all.
Thats a repetition of what you said before and what I already addressed.. If you think im asserting it is, you aren't understanding what i'm saying. And introducing the possibility is not non sequitur and is extremely relevant because it means your evidence doesn't lead to only the conclusion presented in this thread. I can use this exact same evidence as justification for a 2-b, and the fact that I can makes this line of reasoning fallacious.
Also you shouldn't be disagreeing 2-A as a whole, you'd inherently have to concede to at least "at least 2-B, Possibly 2-A" since both arguments are based around presumed equal interpretations going by your line of logic
Yeah sure I'm fine with that.

Screenshot_2022-08-07_12.50.33_PM.png

@Arc7Kuroi I'm not grabbing the scan 🗿

Thanks to Reio35 for finding the scan, but CFYOW confirms there are infinite possible futures. So, it should just be 2-A hax.

- breathes in -

How does precognition, in this specific instance, involve "multiversal hax"? Furthermore, how does someone unaffiliated with Yhwach; someone who was talking in the context of wanting to show Hikone a life beyond what Tokinada had offered, in any way provide support for this?

At its most basic, its most fundamental, "The Almighty" is a causality hax. He can see possible futures, and he can choose what "future"/"effect" he wants to happen in the present.

Is there a possible future where Ichigo's Bankai is broken? Where he breaks Ichigo's Bankai? He makes it happen, skipping the "cause" and going straight for the "effect". It's why Tensa Zangetsu and Ichigo's Hollow horn both appear in Yhwach's hands. Because, in separate possible futures, Yhwach broke both.

That's the constraint. It has to be within Yhwach's physical capabilities to do so. There are no multiverse shenanigans happening with "The Almighty" because that doesn't exist within the context of the series. It's analogies and flowery language that are taken too literally.

Hard disagree.

Furthermore, how does someone unaffiliated with Yhwach; someone who was talking in the context of wanting to show Hikone a life beyond what Tokinada had offered, in any way provide support for this?
The narrator made that statement. Narrator states there are infinite futures. Yhwach states he can intervene and see every single future. Logic dictates he can affect infinite futures.

That's the constraint. It has to be within Yhwach's physical capabilities to do so. There are no multiverse shenanigans happening with "The Almighty" because that doesn't exist within the context of the series. It's analogies and flowery language that are taken too literally.
Don’t see the relevance in this. I’m not claiming the Almighty gives Yhwach Multiversal AP. Which seems to be what you’re implying.

How does precognition, in this specific instance, involve "multiversal hax"? Furthermore, how does someone unaffiliated with Yhwach; someone who was talking in the context of wanting to show Hikone a life beyond what Tokinada had offered, in any way provide support for this?
They’re support because they show how many futures there are. Yhwach’s ability is just manipulating these futures. It’s precog over an infinite amount of futures, so that’s why it’s 2-A.

Also the narrator made some of the statements.
At its most basic, its most fundamental, "The Almighty" is a causality hax. He can see possible futures, and he can choose what "future"/"effect" he wants to happen in the present.

Is there a possible future where Ichigo's Bankai is broken? Where he breaks Ichigo's Bankai? He makes it happen, skipping the "cause" and going straight for the "effect". It's why Tensa Zangetsu and Ichigo's Hollow horn both appear in Yhwach's hands. Because, in separate possible futures, Yhwach broke both.

We need to put this in the dictionary of Head Canon. Holy shit. There is no basis for any of these claims, if you have it, show it.

Yhwach isn’t manipulating Causality. That’s not accepted anywhere. You made that up and haven’t given any reason to think so. Yhwach is manipulating all the infinite futures he sees in his eyes to create outcomes he desires in his own. That’s fate manip. Yhwach sees and manipulated actual futures, his ability doesn’t work if it’s merely “unactualized possibilities.”

Yhwach broke Ichigo’s Bankai in every future, something repeatedly established to be 2-A. Scans are in the OP. You didn’t offer a rebuttal, just head canon.

Wanna prove this is flowery? How can you see such consistent statements from the narrator and other reputable sources in the verse and come to the conclusion it’s flowery when it’s repeatedly said there are infinite futures in Bleach. The rest of the stuff you said about “physical constraint” is more head canon. The Almighty isn’t even related to his physicals anyway.

- breathes in -

Because Yhwach's Precognition allows him to see infinite futures/possibilities? infinite futures/possibilities is 2-A and Yhwach's Fate Manipulation can affect all these futures at once, like literally read the ******* tiering system dude.

Being unaffilated with Yhwach doesn't mean she doesn't know the capabilities of his Almighty, terrible argument.

Because the statement heavily implies that infinite pathways (ala futures) exist within Bleach? the context of what she's saying this to doesn't matter, what matters is what she's implying, you haven't debunked that implication.

The Almighty isn't Causality Manipulation the **** are you talking about? its most base fundamental level is Fate Manipulation, like i know you're a goon against Bleach but even people who try to downplay the verse know that Yhwach's Almighty is Fate Manipulation.

No, he's able to see infinite possible futures and manipulate them all as once as stated by Yhwach and Orihime/Rukia and shown by Yhwach, he doesn't jump from "one grain of sand to another", re-read his explanation carefully this time instead of bursting into this thread like you got somesort of gotcha.

This is a counter how? like dude, what you're saying isn't a counter to what at all we're arguing.

Yes Yhwach has Fate Manipulation, good observation.

Yhwach's Fate Manipulation literally has nothing to do with his physicals.

Yes it does, you haven't disproved that at all.

Of ******* course you would pull the "flowery language" bullshit, dude until you haven an actual argument that isn't based around your personal feelings regarding the series and misrepresentations of literally everything we're talking about you shouldn't be posting in this thread.

He literally said that he rewrites the future, in one of scans in the OP it says he destroyed Ichigo's sword in every future .. you saying he just chose one future to happen while the manga says he manipulated all the futures/possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back