• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Well Known Character of each Tier

Thor's more famous.

People in non English speaking communities have no idea who Zeus is but they watch avengers.

I doubt that. Zeus being the main God of Greek mythology and being taught in schools more than Norse Mythology in general

That is true, but AVENGERS !

Unknown is either Joker, Naruto, the goddamn Batman again, or Popeye. Assuming Bats is disqualified, probably either Joker or Popeye.

Optimus Prime is probably more popuar then The Doctor since he's marketed all over the world, while I kinda assume The Doctor is only popular in the west.

I agree but rules dictate the strongest version.

Woudn't tht go vice versa for The Doctor too, though? I doubt casual fans know about the High 1-C stuff.

I'll post parts of my giant post piece by piece so they can be read better and people can agree with individual parts and so I can explain more about each part.

Princess Zelda should take High 7-A. Her name is plastered on the front of one of the most popular video game franchises of all time, and the highest rated video game franchises of all time. When your name is the biggest thing on the winner on many of the Game of the Year awards, you know you're popular. I'd argue that she's more known than Link actually, as people actually think he's Zelda (Fun fact, I actually thought Link was Sheik at first. I know. I'm stupid. ovo)

Yobobojojo said:
Hopefully Ever gets those 2-A transformer blogs up. Their apparently SMT level too.
Reminds me. The Transformers multiverse is a 14-Dimensional "omniverse". Not sure if that scales to anyone though.

Tier 10 and 9 will probably be the most difficult, since there are a lot of Public Domain characters around this tier, and since they're Public Domain, they're kind of everywhere.

6-C: Elsa. Frozen is well...it's Frozen. You can't really be bigger than the most popular animated movie of all time, and she's the singer of the most popular song from that movie (also the focus of it, but who cares about that ovo)

Darkanine said:
Yobobojojo said:
Hopefully Ever gets those 2-A transformer blogs up. Their apparently SMT level too.
Reminds me. The Transformers multiverse is a 14-Dimensional "omniverse". Not sure if that scales to anyone though.
Maybe Pre-Dimensional Boundary Unicron and Primus?

4-B: Mickey and Supes should be a tie, actually. Both are as well known as Jesus himself, so it's hard as heck to determine who's the more well known.

I wonder whose the most iconic 5-C. I'd think it either be Naruto or Finn. Both are pretty much global icons at this point.

I'd probably put Naruto over Finn, as much as I like the latter more. Naruto's been in the limelight for longer, and was one of the leaders in anime/manga for most of a decade, while Finn is more recent.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I think Sonic should be somewhere in there. Which one is more popular, classic games (8-A) or new games (High 6-A)?
Both I'd say are equal in popularity, with the former being the favorited. Sonic takes High 6-A, but loses out to Pikachu for 8-A.

While they're probably equal, I guess the old time fans who never moved on past the Genesis days could make classic Sonic a tad more popular.

You remember the days of the Holy Cartoon Trinity? Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb and either FiM or Regular Show (depending who you'd ask) were basically given the same reverence as the HST for a year or two.

Boy those were some weird times.

Back