• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most Wanked character, in your opinion.

Hot take but I think most characters are wanked.

I'm not targeting any community in particular, and I won't give any example either, but any kind of system we use to estimate the scale of a character's power will be deeply flawed, ultimately. I don't want to sound pessimistic as it is still a fun practice that I honestly enjoy, however, there is often a positive bias toward power in that kind of debate. And it's natural. We want the characters we love to be strong, VS threads encourages this and we want them to be able to match other popular characters and so on. It's often at the cost of accuracy and sometimes we will seek proofs that said character is stronger than most people believe it to be while ignoring or casting aside proofs that said character is weaker than we wish it to be.

What I mean is that we can only be arbitrary when we look at fiction. Anti-feats often weight much less than feats and are quick to be classed as outliers, and this is especially true in video games when even if most of the fights are against unimpressive opponents (that are still perfectly able to kill you), the main character will always scale to the huge end worlding threat waiting at the final chapter of the game. Of course it's a choice that must be made as video games has mechanics like health bar, not a clear cut durability. It is wrong? No, but it's still a choice. Classing the climactic final battle as an outlier allowed by the plot sounds silly, but it's still rejecting a part of the game in the end. No matter what you do, you will interpret it with your logic, and create in your imagination a version of this world where the senseless makes sense. Of course some reasonings are more absurd than others, but even this could be argued as entirely subjective.

Everywhere, there is a bias for power. More often than not it's the opponents in the debate that will call for anti feats, but it leads more to an absurd search for better feats rather than balance. What is kept and what is rejected varies, word of god, games mechanics, random pieces of lore found in flavor texts. I'm often surprised by how some parts of games, almost irrelevant to the player's experience of the story, can be used to give certain characters crazy destruction and speed feats. To a certain extent it applies to all forms of stories but video games are particularly complicated.
Long story short, there is no reason why a character has to be strong in the first place. Of course, I have my own bias as well. Stay respectful and don't go mocking other people for their silly opinions.

My opinion let's see umm - Mickey Mouse (Composite) - Bugs Bunny (Composite) - Mario - Kirby - Archie Sonic - Saitama - Boros - Undertale Characters - DB Characters - Naruto Characters - Alien X - Bill Cipher - Thanos - Thor - Batman - Superman - Flash - Rick Sanchez - Doomguy/Slayer - Legendary Pokemon Still adding more

Kensaka said:
Kensaka said:
My opinion let's see umm - Mickey Mouse (Composiite - Bugs Bunny (Composite) - Mario - Kirby - Archie Sonic - Saitama - Boros - Undertale Characters - DB Characters - Naruto Characters - Alien X - Bill Cipher - Thanos - Batman - Superman - Flash - Any Gag character
Why did you quote yourself and say nothing?

Depends on the circles you're debating in. Personally, I'd go with a great amount of the Sonic characters but being fair I think this applies to countless videogame characters and verses from popular franchises. Reason for this being simply that games as a media have much less consistency with feats than a lot of other stuff because sometimes the creators don't even realize how strong their characters are being shown (except for when the GoW dude explicitly stated that nerfing Kratos for gameplay is a bitch).

Although it is not a character, the supernovas / nova are masturbated to no end of my side of the globe.
I mean, they literally say that they can destroy 25 light years, that the sun to be able to explode would be layers of destroying 1 year.
In literal community terms, I've only seen one relatively important "local circle" guy explain how these work well, and by far the worst is that several users are treating him crazy.
I think we will not leave the 3/2 world in a long time where I am.

With this they try to "justify the power of some marvel characters, like The Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thor and Sentry.
Putting them as multi galactic.

Kaukaso2000 said:
Although it is not a character, the supernovas / nova are masturbated to no end of my side of the globe.
I mean, they literally say that they can destroy 25 light years, that the sun to be able to explode would be layers of destroying 1 year.
In literal community terms, I've only seen one relatively important "local circle" guy explain how these work well, and by far the worst is that several users are treating him crazy.
With this they try to "justify the power of some marvel characters, like The Silver Surfer, Hulk, Thor and Sentry.
only some versions reach that far out

Uniasha said:
Kaukaso2000 said:
only some versions reach that far out
Ehhhh, no.
They try to Justify those levels with the normal versions.
They literally gave Galactic level to the Silver Surfer for creating a blaze of a thousand soles or that galactus generated the heat of thousands of soles to justify a feat as 4-A of "high level".

It is literally Wank to reality to give your characters whatever level they want.

But he is also from the same group that says the entire nuclear arsenal on earth can destroy a continent the size of Africa.

@Kaukaso

They likely mean less so of actual destruction, more so than what it would do to the ground surface, because if the nuclear arsenal detonated on africa, then the whole continent would be a nuclear hell which would have a lot of ramifications

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
@Kaukaso
They likely mean less so of actual destruction, more so than what it would do to the ground surface, because if the nuclear arsenal detonated on africa, then the whole continent would be a nuclear hell which would have a lot of ramifications
No, they literally believe that we have the power to leave a hole the size of Africa in the sense of a detonation.
In his words,
"Destroy all the kilometers of the continent until leaving only hiding places"
They also state that a solar system can measure 94 light years.
Blessed Jesus, I realize that from Mexico on down the VS general community is really dumb.
As a Hispanic he is giving me some shame.

Although I want to believe that it is only the minority...... But chances are it's just generalizing

Kaukaso2000 said:

Defend that guy.

Nathan Drake.

Have you see his profile? At most he's 9-B because he can "stomp people wearing military armor", but he has to remove their helmet and attack them on the head to actually deal any damage with his blows.

Those RPG explosions that are linked on the durability section aren't hitting him directly, and the creator confirmed that when his "health bar" depletes, it isn't supposed to represent health, rather his luck running out:

https://www.cnet.com/news/uncharteds-developers-just-revealed-a-bizarre-secret-about-nathan-drake/

MFTL Saiyan Saga Goku for crossing Snake Way, which is half as long as the universe.

4-A Cell because the daizenshuu says the solar system has a nebula.

High 3-A Kid Buu for being stated to destroy the universe in guides and catching a spirit bomb.

2-B U7 because earth has its own hell making every planet have its own 2 afterlives.

Low 1-C Zamasu for crossing into another multiverse.

Irrelevant speed IZ for being higher dimensional.

Low 1-C Jiren for shaking an infinite void and "transcending" time.

1-A Gogeta because because he broke dUmenSHuNs!

0 Zeno for obvious reasons

Why must one of my favorite verses be full of poopoo heads?

First off Cell isn't farfetched at all because thats what the Daizenshuu literally says.

everything else is garbage, though I have never seen the 2-B U7 argument before lol.

Lord JJJ said:
I can remember other things Animationrewend said like Spongebob and Patrick are MFTL+ and that Gumball and Darwin are universal and that Dora is at least 13D
And he also said Dora can pull out literally anything from Backpack (to the point where he stated that if a bloodlusted Dora was fighting Superman, she would have kryptonite inside of Backpack from the moment the fight starts)

Kensaka said:
My opinion let's see umm
- Mickey Mouse (Composiite)
- Bugs Bunny (Composite)
- Mario
- Kirby
- Archie Sonic
- Saitama
- Boros
- Undertale Characters
- DB Characters
- Naruto Characters
- Alien X
- Bill Cipher
- Thanos
- Batman
- Superman
- Flash
- Any Gag character
By means of gag characters you are including Arale, Axe Cop, The Mask and Lucky Man (Tottemo Lucky Man) and the alike right?

I mean like - you know the position saitama is by being the strongest And there are more That I can add to the list Like characters that have NLF

Back