• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most balanced/entertaining OP characters for each tier

Just what the title of the thread says, this is meant to be a list for ranking which characters are overpowered in their own verse, but still manage to be balanced enough or entertaining enough that even though you know they're going to win, it's still fun to watch them do so. In other words, OP Done Right: the Index.

By balanced, I'm referring to instances where even if the character is top-tier or god-tier in their verse, it's still fun to see how they win regardless of whether they're fighting fodder or fellow overpowered characters at the time. Not all OP characters have to be balanced to be entertaining, but hey it's a nice bonus so it's worth mentioning.

Not necessarily in any order (the whole list will obviously be a matter of personal taste), just listing examples.

So far
Unknown ?
11-C: ?
11-B: ?
11-A: Bill Cipher
10-C: ?
10-B: King?
10-A: Rohan Kishibe
9-C: Yogiri Takatou
9-B: John Wick, Sakamoto
9-A: Claire Stanfield, Alucard (Hellsing), Batman (Post-Crisis), John Carter, Sans
8-C: Giorno Giovanna (With GER), Jotaro Kujo, Dio Brando
High 8-C: Ryo Shimazaki
8-B: Misogi Kumagawa, Guts, Akisame Koetsuji
8-A: Doomguy
Low 7-C: Isaac Netero, Meruem, Yujiro Hanma, Ikki Kurogane
7-C: Raiden (Metal Gear), Aang
High 7-C: Reigen Arataka (with Mob's power)
Low 7-B: All Might
7-B: Dante (Devil May Cry), Ainz Ooal Gow
7-A: Garou, Shichika Yasuri (Completed Deviant Blade)
High 7-A: Jack Raka
6-C: Julius Novachrono
High 6-C: Shigeo Kageyama
Low 6-B Escanor, Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken)
6-B: ?
High 6-B ?
6-A: ?
High 6-A: Saitama
5-C: ?
Low 5-B ?
5-B: Sosuke Aize, Accelerator, Mewtwo
5-A: ?
High 5-A: ?
Low 4-C: ?
4-C: ?
High 4-C: ?
4-B: ?
4-A: Kirby (Character), Meta Knight
3-C: ?
3-B: ?
3-A: Ronny Schiatto
High 3-A: ?
Low 2-C: ?
2-C: ?
2-B: ?
2-A: ?
High 2-A: ?
Low 1-C: ?
1-C: Stephen (Shin Megami Tensei)
High 1-C: ?
Low 1-B: ?
1-B: ?
1-A: Reinhard Heydrich, Lucifer Morningstar
</div>

This isn't about who is strongest, but I do admit OP is a pretty throwaway term when you reach 1-A.

Still, I can almost smell the weirdest flexes coming in from people trying to suggest additions.

To get the ball rolling, I'm gonna start with Claire Stanfield.

Not only (arguably) the most interesting character in Baccano! in terms of his philosophy and influence on the world and people around him, Claire is an entertaining goofball with a lovable personality and a simple but distinct design.

He's also more skilled in combat than a 300-year-old warrior, more agile and stealthy than a modern ninja, stronger than a man who can casually shake Alcatraz with a punch, and is so ungodly dangerous that just seeing the red of his hair outlined in a dimly-lit room is enough to set off a primal fear response only equaled by the act of facing down a self-described demon who embodies the universe itself, and the news that he was in town put an instant stop to several violent gang wars, as the entire criminal underworld lives in fear of what he can do if he's sufficiently annoyed.

And all of this power gained through nothing but hard work, some hereditary athleticism, and a psychotic belief in his own godhood.

"Ikki is Op done right cus his OP will fight against both fodder and top tier giving his strongest without overkilling. So no matter how much better he is than someone, it's always fun to see him fight."

Earl, August 18th 2019

"Ikki is Op done right cus his OP will fight against both fodder and top tier giving his strongest without overkilling. So no matter how much better he is than someone, it's always fun to see him fight."

When the dude has reached a level where he can only be sensed and seen if he wants you to, has clairvoyance for danger, a dura negging attack method and being able to just attack stamina instead to circumvent a lot of Regenerationn types, I am not sure I could call the battle fun.

Unless you have a specific set up or plot fiat to make things go a certain way, that sounds like an ultra short fight.

Ikki has a fairly bland personality imo, while by himself or during fights. Stella completes him as a character, with their interactions being the best thing about the series.

He is insanely fun.

He almost never uses the ability that makes him unsensable (i guess he thinks everyone can counter it) cus he does use it on civilians.

Danger sense just helps im survive in completely unfair scenarios.

The dura neg attack method is usually restricted due to tournament rules, but Volume 9 1st Chapter will give everyone a good idea why even with the dura neg sword the fights are fun.

And those are not gamechangers most of the time. It is also exceedinly fun to see him beat completley outclassing opponent with sheer skill and trickery.

I'd actually say Dante in his 8-B key deserves the spot more. A pretty big chunk of what's nice about the game is just his pure charisma as he keeps pulling off crazy stuff.

@Ricsi Uhm, you mind hopping on to chat for a moment? I tried sending you something on your message wall, but wiki keeps erasing it

Back