• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You can ask/remind Dark649 and MrKingOfNegativity to help out with evaluating this if you wish.

Does this count as Death Manipulation? I finally found a good reason for Shinnok, the so-called "God of Death" to have this:

"The Netherrealm demon, Sareena, lost her human form in an attack from the fallen Elder God, Shinnok. She was transposed back into her demon form as her essence descended back to the Fifth plane of the Netherealm. Sareena remained there until she discovered an abandoned portal that led to Outworld. Once in Outworld, she learned to feed off of the living aura of that realm to regain her human appearance. She no longer needed Quan Chi's sorcery to sustain her exterior beauty."

Before this happened, Shinnok shot Sareena in the back with a bolt of energy and died immediately in the final events of MK: Mythologies. She was killed and her soul was sent back to the Netherrealm. Shinnok should also have Power Nullification for removing away Sareena's demon form.

Shooting a lethal energy bolt does not seem like a good justification for death manipulation.

And that does not sound like power nullification either.

Thing is, she was instantly killed and her soul was sent to Hell, where all evil things go after they die. And it was instant. Hell is basically the afterlife in the verse, so it should count.

Maybe it's not power null though.

Being killed by overwhelming force seems more likely.

I do not think that we should assign such a powerful ability based on speculation.

Was it stated outright that Shinnok can control the force of death to will other people to die?

That could be anything from soul manipulation to plain overwhelming force. Death manipulation seems unwarranted.

Well, atleast I got a justification about where he got his soul manipulation. Seems good.

I already contacted Dark649 about me updating this thread, and I'm calling a few more to come here. Once that is finished, the changes can be applied.

I agree with Ant for some things, Longevity for the Edenian's makes sense, Shujinko seems to wait the passing of time while meditating rather that time manip. What happened is that Shinnok killed Sareena via force, despite helping Bi-Han the combination of her working for Quan Chi and her demon heritage she was sent to the Netherealm.

There is not other stuff regarding if absorbing the soul gives all the abilities, but its possible since Sindel gained soul manipulation after receiving Shang Tsung soul, i'm ok with resistance to soul manipul. for those that possess many souls.

The resistance for mind for Ermac is because it's a being who's mind is shared many souls that discuss with each other, while despite having many souls Shao and Shung mainly have their own mind and they keep all the other souls in check, not allowing them to speak.

I'm not sure for Life since while Sindel was unable to steal Kitana soul, she was harmed when she tried to steal her soul [she then died by the injuries], Memory is fine as all three knows the lifes of those that were absorbed, Age seemingly only for Kahn since he made Shang Tsung younger, likely resistance for kahn and shang since what i said above, while the souls between Ermac cooperate it's not the same for the others since a lot of souls deeply hate them and thus the two keep them in check, but the fact they are able to do so might be resistance.

Overall i'm not sure for life, fine with memory for them and age for Kahn, and likely resistance for Kahn and Shung with them preventing the souls from messing with their mind.

Likely from the result of all conflicts in his realm, the tournaments he organized, the attack on Edenia and Earthrealm.

I think Screwattack calved that (not sure how they figured that out unless they just multiplied earth's then population by 10)

I am pretty sure the whole "shao kahn goons have type 8 Immortality" thing was already shown in another CRT made by kahndaq bork; who is currently on hiatus. Other than that, good job.

Honestly, I have some questions about those 5-B stats that Raiden, Shinnok and Kahn have. Most of them aren't 5-B feats tho

- Raiden and Shinnok "almost destroyed the Earth" - This is also a High 6-A feat considering that destroying the Earth can mean a surface wiping feat, we also don't have a timeframe for this fight and the destruction of the planet could only happen after a long fight with tons of impacts on the planet. Also, the link of this feat leads to MK4 Opening, and I didn't see anything implying "Almost Planet Busting", Raiden says that he was responsible for "the death of an entire civilization" and says that he made a "war that plunged the Earth to centuries of Darkness"

Not quite 5-B

Also, "Shook the Earth to its very core in his battle with Shao Kahn" is also a Tier 6 feat, we have calcs for this

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kkapoios/The_Greybeards_shake_the_world

Raiden's justifications for 5-B are at least questionable

For Shinnok, "Restructured the entire Netherrealm" is questionable, yeah Netherrealm is big but we have a timeframe for this feat, and how he did that ? For example, a guy that "Restructured the Earth" it's not necessarily 5-B, if he restructured only the surface, he is High 6-A, If he only restructured in non-magic ways (Like, talking about infrastructure), this isn't even a feat

The link is not working for me anyway, so yeah

For Shao Kahn:

"Has merged the realms of Edenia and Outworld into one, and will merge Earth with his realm should he be victorious at Mortal Kombat."

Well, this one is indeed, a solid possible 5-B feat, but even this one have some questions, like, he merged those realms on its entirely to the point that they are one now, with absolute no difference between them ? Because Argosax, in Devil May Cry, was also merging the Human Realm and the Demon Realm, both Universe-Sized, but with a........portal

And he isn't Low 2-C or 2-C because of that

Shaking the Earth to it's very core is way, way beefier then that calc. In fact, that calc is less beefy then the calc done with other means.

Though, might not get Planet level anyhow. I'll try and see what I can work out.

Alright, trying to make this sucker, can I get a clip of the earth shaking or do we never get to really see the destruction that ensues, rather just "the earth shook lol"?

I am not sure if type 4 applies to the undead.

Yes, but he comes back as an undead, not alive.

Assuming it indeed is just "the earth shook lol", I'll assume it's pretty noticeable, IE, Magnitude 4. I will now use this in Kep's mad method for fighting magnitude

(4)+6.399+1.66├ùlog(10(6371├À110)├ù((2├ù¤Ç)├À360)) (dang it I hate posting that much unexplained math) is 12.0667891972743

10^1.5*(12.0667891972743)+4.8 (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY MUST I SUFFER) is ..... 386.385379085016... joules....?

Wait, hang on, lemme try that again, but put the exponent in Parentheses

10^(1.5*(12.0667891972743)+4.8) is 7.946644701247E22 Joules, 18.9929366664622 Teratons, Country level

And now the floodgates for Seven Deadly Sins vs Mortal Kombat have ope- sounds of oblitherating an entire country ending up getting recalculated to be Mountain level cause it ain't a big Country

.... Nevermind

Antvasima said:
Yes, but he comes back as an undead, not alive.
Type 7 mixes with other immortalities. If he gets killed... Harder then how he normally is I guess, he just comes back. I think that should be enough for Type 4

Back