• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

He fights him because of the arcade mode, but that's just a gameplay thing.
For all we know, Jason minded his own business until he got summoned by Liu Kang.

Exactly, dlcs are scaled to what shows up in story-related material.
For example Leatherface murders Shinnok, Cassie and the other kombat kids, while Predator straight up makes a pile of bodies with the rest of the cast. Jason only guts Liu.

Ig that's fair enough. Personally I'd scale them to the battles they do within their towers (which is what we talked about doing for MK1) but I don't feel strongly enough to make a case for it lol

Doesn't he also have that kara throw off of his main overhead string that makes his offence pretty good to?
Yea and he can essentially setup a vortex with the whirlpool if he throws it down at the end of a combo, and he can essentially make his hit guaranteed (attack with an overhead as soon as the opponent wakes up to the whirlpool)

Even though it's halloween, christmas has arrived earlier for you, have the Predator!
vegeta-kneel.gif

I just have one minor question though. Shouldn't the Predator's Self-Destruct scale higher than itself since it One-Shots itself and the opponent?

It happens only for the brutality, and it's not too much different from all those other finishers (mostly explosion-based) that dismember the opponent. I'd rather not stress too much on it, also because it's heavily gameplay-based.

It happens only for the brutality, and it's not too much different from all those other finishers (mostly explosion-based) that dismember the opponent. I'd rather not stress too much on it, also because it's heavily gameplay-based.
I guess so. Just felt weird to see the Self-Destruct not have a higher rating.

You mean the description?
There isn't much to say, but athletic is a bare minum from visuals alone and saying that he could at least engage in a tough battle is better than nothing.
I can throw in that he fought the gods, but by what we can use it's pretty much an unknown.

You mean the description?
There isn't much to say, but athletic is a bare minum from visuals alone and saying that he could at least engage in a tough battle is better than nothing.
I can throw in that he fought the gods, but by what we can use it's pretty much an unknown.
"Athletic" is not a Stamina value here lol

He was a Warrior in Greece, seemingly ancient Greece, then he's Peak Human for that being the bare minimum for a soldier in Ancient Greece

Athletic is in the stamina page, though.
I'm not sure peak human is given by default for being a soldier, and you can be sure that neither in ancient times nor modern days every single soldier is peak human.
And ancient greece isn't really anything more special than other places, they were still human beings quite down to earth. Pop culture did a mythization of them.

Then yeah, Kratos is surely superhuman and everything, but to keep speculations at minimum and go by what the game offers I prefer to not strand too far with the ratings, especially if featless.

Hey guys I finally made a signifcant update with the Midway profiles in my last post

Back