• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

I just thought of something. The Predator's MKX Ending states he masters sorcery after learning it exists and his first exposure to it going by the cutscene would be that 5v1 against Shinnok, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Raiden and Fujin. Do you think we could give him a possibly rating for other applications of Sorcery that are used by other characters aside from just the Amulet's abilities since he wants to learn how to use it all himself? I seriously doubt just having the power to shoot beams of magic was the only ability he learned as shown in his cutscene and I especially doubt that's the only thing that allowed him to decimate entire worlds as the narrator stated.

Last edited:
Quick question in regards to the Midway Era MK, Raiden is generally considered stronger than Smoke right? Especially throughout the entirety of MK Deception?

I mean, Raiden is one of gods and should be stronger them most of other in MK rosters including ninjas like Smoke

Quick question in regards to the Midway Era MK, Raiden is generally considered stronger than Smoke right? Especially throughout the entirety of MK Deception?
Yes there's a power level between the likes of Raiden and Smoke, the former is what WOG would call a "superpowered warrior" who has the ability to tap into the fabric of the realms though sheer kombat (the act of violent fighting basically) and not all fighters are as powerful as that, they reach that level at MK Armageddon. Smoke is one of these weaker characters who have to reach that level that Raiden is on

So I made Shang's Midway profile, turns out making the profiles of top tiers were pretty easy if it didn't involve the super long notable attacks section I had planned

Can anyone here calc and/or get someone to calc?

The feats we need calced are;

Shang Tsung: Breaks a hole in wall with fireball.
Scorpion: Melted stone swords from heat aura.
Sindel: Breaks ceiling with her screech.
Raiden, Shang Tsung, and Quan Chi: Blasts portal with elemental powers. Again here.
Dark Rain: Lifts and disperses a bunch of water.

Just eyeballing it, Shang Tsung's feat is 9-B, Scorpion's is (idk heat energy, maybe 9-A?), Sindel's is 9-A, and the trio's feat is 8-C divided by three, and Rain's is maybe 9-B or 9-A

The order of importance is probably Sindel > Trio > Scorpion > Rain > Shang Tsung

I plan to replay story mode soon, I'll keep an eye out. The only other feats off the top of my head are;
  • Reptile's KE from his dropdown attack
  • Sub-Zero freezing people
  • Nitara's KE and speed in one of her attacks because she actually moves really fast
I'm trying to think of any impressive special moves during gameplay, but I can only think of Reptile's bellyflop
these are the feats

Why we didn't scale Joker to 8-A?
Shouldn't we scale him to his arcade ending because he's already non-canon like other crossover?

Why we didn't scale Joker to 8-A?
Shouldn't we scale him to his arcade ending because he's already non-canon like other crossover?
Yeah, why aren't we scaling him to his Tower Ending? We do it for literally every other Non-Canon character.

Wasn't it a blog for MK1 future profiles? I wanted to see that again (not planning on making one, just to see how they'll look like, particulary Shang)

Maybe I'm just overthrowing this but shouldn't Triborg have access to all the Special Forces' equipment and his Tekunin Clan as optional equipment seeing as he just stole that shit from them after killing them all?

Maybe I'm just overthrowing this but shouldn't Triborg have access to all the Special Forces' equipment and his Tekunin Clan as optional equipment seeing as he just stole that shit from them after killing them all?
the ending only said that triborg had access to the SF database and their labs which allowed him to build cyborgs and transfer the cyber consciousness of the Cyber Lin Kuei to make the Tekunin, not all of their equipment like nukes or whatever. It's also not stated in any way (not even implicitly) that he can call the Tekunin to his side like he does with his other selves (Cyrax, Sektor, etc.) and he can only do that because their mental data shares one body

the ending only said that triborg had access to the SF database and their labs which allowed him to build cyborgs and transfer the cyber consciousness of the Cyber Lin Kuei to make the Tekunin, not all of their equipment like nukes or whatever. It's also not stated in any way (not even implicitly) that he can call the Tekunin to his side like he does with his other selves (Cyrax, Sektor, etc.) and he can only do that because their mental data shares one body
Yeah, but theoretically he should be able to access SF's tech since he owns their compound now.

Yeah, but theoretically he should be able to access SF's tech since he owns their compound now.
"Now with access to the S-F computer network, Triborg used it to interface with the Lin Kuei storage drives from which he was spawned. He saved the brainwave data of dozens of his Lin Kuei brothers and sisters to the S-F servers. The S-F laboratories provided the materials necessary for Triborg to create cybernetic bodies for each one."

all triborg took from the SF was their computer network to download the Cyber Lin Kuei and the labs he used to build cyborgs. This is all he will get from this ending and personally I think these don't belong to a profile, seeing how he has no combat advantage from these

"Now with access to the S-F computer network, Triborg used it to interface with the Lin Kuei storage drives from which he was spawned. He saved the brainwave data of dozens of his Lin Kuei brothers and sisters to the S-F servers. The S-F laboratories provided the materials necessary for Triborg to create cybernetic bodies for each one."

all triborg took from the SF was their computer network to download the Cyber Lin Kuei and the labs he used to build cyborgs. This is all he will get from this ending and personally I think these don't belong to a profile, seeing how he has no combat advantage from these
I guess maybe preparation then if he wants to make allies for a matchup?

I think there is a rule against outside help, i've never heard of any character using their ability to manufacture an army to bring them in a VS battle, personally Triborg as a four man army with unique abilities works great
I don't think there's a rule like that since The Survivor (ARK) and Steve (Minecraft) both can use their prep time to create armies of creatures.

I don't think there's a rule like that since The Survivor (ARK) and Steve (Minecraft) both can use their prep time to create armies of creatures.
I only know how steve does it (presumably with iron and snow golems) so if that's the case then maybe he could have it but with prep, he does talk about converting various kombatants he meets into new types of cyborg

I only know how steve does it (presumably with iron and snow golems) so if that's the case then maybe he could have it but with prep, he does talk about converting various kombatants he meets into new types of cyborg
The Survivor just takes whatever creatures they have and makes them breed to make more of them. In my opinion I believe it's fair game to say Triborg can build more of his caln members to bring to a battle.

The Survivor just takes whatever creatures they have and makes them breed to make more of them. In my opinion I believe it's fair game to say Triborg can build more of his caln members to bring to a battle.
So should I go ahead and make a thread for this?

Mavado looks like he came back from a modeling job. Sexy and he knows it

He also looks like El Donté
images

Back