• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Fvck yeah, if anything's in my blood it's my renewed excitement for this series after years of being occupied with other things.

.ssucsiD

vciDQQX.png

Last edited:
I would say "Why does it seem like famous non-anime style fighting games are so "dead" on the wiki?"
Yeah Shao alone needs a lot of new stuff. He doesn't have half of his Blood or Soul Magic listed when Shang and Skarlet only have those abilities because of him.
Are Blaze, Onaga, Taven, and kind of the rest of the Armageddon folks out of date?
Yeah we gotta fix them up
Yeah, omni man and peacemaker too
Funnily these leaks are all but confirmed, meaning we get new profiles for
Shao, Havik and Reiko

Also considering
Geras
was leaked as part of the roster we'd either have the characters scaling to the "NRS Trilogy" Top Tiers (since Geras has to be one by the "One Thousand Deaths") or being far above them (Fire God Liu already kinda implies this though)
Wait are you telling me he's going to have a wall of hax from scaling? Shiet
Honestly he could, Shang's stuff like "Healing (via Soul Absorption), Sealing (For Souls) and Power Mimicry/Absorption should all be there. Then you've got Skarlet getting stuff like ESP, Teleportation/Intangibility and etc for Blood Magic. Though personally I'd suggest tabbers or the bullet points for those

Honestly he could, Shang's stuff like "Healing (via Soul Absorption), Sealing (For Souls) and Power Mimicry/Absorption should all be there. Then you've got Skarlet getting stuff like ESP, Teleportation/Intangibility and etc for Blood Magic. Though personally I'd suggest tabbers or the bullet points for those
I feel like Shang's ability to copy from soul stealing is unique to himself, also where does she get ESP and does that mean Extrasensory Perception?

Also have you seen MK Onslaught's story? Got a few new abilities for a few characters from it

I feel like Shang's ability to copy from soul stealing is unique to himself, also where does she get ESP and does that mean Extrasensory Perception?
1) Yeah I could work with that 2) From Intros, she's able to sense the electricity in Raiden's blood, Mileena's halfbreed blood and other such sensations
Also have you seen MK Onslaught's story? Got a few new abilities for a few characters from it
Yes, big one is Shinnok gets wild scaling, Liu Kang gets Extrasensory Perception and Skarlet has Body Puppetry (though I feel they'd be their own profiles)

Don't forget Instinctive Action since Liu instinctively backed off from the evil in the mask. Also agree with them being separate profiles, but I hope they have their own feats to scale to or if there's any proof that the timeline it's in is from an existing story like MK9 with mentions of a tournament from Baraka

What's Shinnok's "wild scaling" btw

Don't forget Instinctive Action since Liu instinctively backed off from the evil in the mask.
That's what I'm thinking of, he senses the evil radiating from the Mask. Quan-Chi also gets some interesting Soul Manipulation thanks to not only stealing a piece of Hanzo's soul, but sealing it within Drahmin's Mask
Also agree with them being separate profiles, but I hope they have their own feats to scale to or if there's any proof that the timeline it's in is from an existing story like MK9 with mentions of a tournament from Baraka
Honestly I think the Brutalities could be something but yeah hopefully we get proper feats (we already have a vague scaling chain)
What's Shinnok's "wild scaling" btw
Soloing the Elder Gods with contemptous ease. Considering Shao's whole desire to become one, I think it's fair to say the Elder Gods in Onslaught are > everyone else in power. I'm also remembering Shards of Shinnok's power being the basis for powerful artefacts in this storyline

That's what I'm thinking of, he senses the evil radiating from the Mask. Quan-Chi also gets some interesting Soul Manipulation thanks to not only stealing a piece of Hanzo's soul, but sealing it within Drahmin's Mask

Honestly I think the Brutalities could be something but yeah hopefully we get proper feats (we already have a vague scaling chain)

Soloing the Elder Gods with contemptous ease. Considering Shao's whole desire to become one, I think it's fair to say the Elder Gods in Onslaught are > everyone else in power. I'm also remembering Shards of Shinnok's power being the basis for powerful artefacts in this storyline
So OS (OnSlaught) Quan Chi gets additional Soul Manipulation: Fissionism, Sealing, and Summoning (he summoned the evil spirits that you start off with as your fighters)

Let's see

Ah I see. But did Raiden and Fujin fight him in a long war like in MK4 or was it something different? Also OS Elder Gods get BFR, Power Nullification, Fissionism, and Sealing as well for banishing Shinnok out of the Heavens and into the Nethrrealm, stripping him of his divine power before dividing it and sealing them away into certain metals. Raiden also seems to have Limited Power Nullification for stopping the energy beam clash between Shinnok and Cetrion and Fujin can teleport on his own.

Raiden states that the Elder Gods are indestructible, although this is likely a reference to how Shinnok was unkillable in MKX with his Type 2 immo instead of straight up invulnerability. His powers, however, are really indestructible.

So OS (OnSlaught) Quan Chi gets additional Soul Manipulation: Fissionism, Sealing, and Summoning (he summoned the evil spirits that you start off with as your fighters)
Yep, plus this stuff (which is seemingly Power Bestowal, Absorption and Healing
Ah I see. But did Raiden and Fujin fight him in a long war like in MK4 or was it something different? Also OS Elder Gods get BFR, Power Nullification, Fissionism, and Sealing as well for banishing Shinnok out of the Heavens and into the Nethrrealm, stripping him of his divine power before dividing it and sealing them away into certain metals. Raiden also seems to have Limited Power Nullification for stopping the energy beam clash between Shinnok and Cetrion and Fujin can teleport on his own.
No idea, they just pop in and Shinnok's sealed away. Raiden also gets this stuff (Status Effect Inducement) and Fujin gets this (Healing). Here's the full characters list (which come with handy renders)

Yep, plus this stuff (which is seemingly Power Bestowal, Absorption and Healing

No idea, they just pop in and Shinnok's sealed away. Raiden also gets this stuff (Status Effect Inducement) and Fujin gets this (Healing). Here's the full characters list (which come with handy renders)
Feels like gameplay mechanics tbh and we have more than enough story and lore to ignore gameplay skills. Although I think Elder Gods still keep their power null, fissionism, and sealing

Feels like gameplay mechanics tbh and we have more than enough story and lore to ignore gameplay skills
I think dismissing stuff like this for being gameplay mechanics is a little silly, there's not really a good reason to ignore skills and abilities just because they're done in gameplay. Like if Fujins healing ability was contradicted by cutscenes where they make it explicit he can't heal anyone then yeah that could be ignored since the lore/story takes precedence over what happens in actual gameplay, but generally if nothing contradicts the gameplay then why not just use it.

Feels like gameplay mechanics tbh and we have more than enough story and lore to ignore gameplay skills. Although I think Elder Gods still keep their power null, fissionism, and sealing
Oh yeah absolutely, just felt it'd be worth noting considering our policy on Moveset powers

I'd still dismiss them because Raiden and Fujin have those powers already, Raiden's stun is redundant with his electricity manip's paralysis and Fujin can only heal in the story mode by channeling Jinsei that he collected, he never healed people with his own powers

Last edited:
Yeah it looks like Onslaught is it's own thing, looked up the story and there's no way to fit this into either of the 2 timelines.

That's fair, we can come back to that. I'd like to note the game seems to imply that Kitana will go up against Sindel in her upcoming chapter

Perhaps, hopefully Shao gets good feats since we already know people scale to him (Shinnok, Liu and Kung Lao)

Oh man, I can't wait for this. I hope it stays a full reboot so it can be fresh.

Also this Sub-Zero is Bi-Han again, right? I'm thinking there's going to be some strife between him and Scorpion that comes up later in the game.

Yeah Sub-Zero is now Grandmaster Bi-Han who has plans for abandoning their duty to protect Earthrealm and "help lead it" which I think he means rule Earthrealm. We hear Smoke not approving this decision in the Lin Kuei trailer too, so he might side with Scorpion or be torn between him and Bi-Han

Yeah Sub-Zero is now Grandmaster Bi-Han who has plans for abandoning their duty to protect Earthrealm and "help lead it" which I think he means rule Earthrealm. We hear Smoke not approving this decision in the Lin Kuei trailer too, so he might side with Scorpion or be torn between him and Bi-Han
Which could lead to Bi-Han getting killed, setting up Noob Saibot, and in a hypothetical "Mortal Kombat 2" Kuai Liang takes the role of Sub-Zero

Which could lead to Bi-Han getting killed, setting up Noob Saibot, and in a hypothetical "Mortal Kombat 2" Kuai Liang takes the role of Sub-Zero
I feel like it's too early for Bi-Han to be killed, if he does it's just going to be a repeat of MK9 and MK1 is being completely different with how the story goes

The best chance of Noob Saibot returning is probably an evil sorcerer taking a piece of his soul without killing him and using that soul to make Noob Saibot or, if they're going with the multiverse thing (MK11's canon story was just time travel, no 2-A stuff involved), summon an alternate version of Noob from another timeline.

Though Ed Boon says that it's certain that all of the ninjas are going to return in MK1

Also does anyone remember there being a reason why the Hourglass doesn't seem to have Fate Manipulation? Plus Hourglass might have Power Nullification as an extension of its fatehax for taking away Johnny's godbuster energy

Yeah it looks like MK1 Johnny has no green magic, only a weird shadow trail in his moves and what seems to be the ability to go intangible, although it might be gameplay mechanics until proven otherwise by the story. It might not be power null though but a consequence of Liu rewriting Cage's history from being the descendant of the Mediterranean cult to something else

What about the fate thing with the Hourglass? It seems Kronika can literally manipulate the inclinations of beings, such as Raiden always fighting and killing Liu Kang and Shang Tsung stealing souls not for himself, but Kronika

Back