• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Just to recap, we don't consider MK1 Dark Raiden to be as strong as previous timeline Raiden?

Also, is there any circular scaling involved because of Dark Sindel clowning FG Liu Kang (even though she just trips him)?

Just to recap, we don't consider MK1 Dark Raiden to be as strong as previous timeline Raiden?

Also, is there any circular scaling involved because of Dark Sindel clowning FG Liu Kang (even though she just trips him)?
Idk tbh, now that I've seen all the endings the true source behind the previous Dark Raiden's strength as MK1 reveals is him tapping into his rage and letting it consume him, not the Amulet which only enabled it on top of giving him access to its power separate from him. Personally I would only think that Titan Shang's Raiden is as strong as the previous one if he was also empowered by rage

Well unlike MK9 Sindel it seems that some of the people who fought her actually landed a few blows that made her stagger (FG Liu landed two good hits for instance) so maybe she's not as strong as we think she is. For her to be super powerful she'd have to be completely unfazed by anyone's hits

Idk tbh, now that I've seen all the endings the true source behind the previous Dark Raiden's strength as MK1 reveals is him tapping into his rage and letting it consume him, not the Amulet which only enabled it on top of giving him access to its power separate from him. Personally I would only think that Titan Shang's Raiden is as strong as the previous one if he was also empowered by rage
Hmm so Rage Power for Raiden
Well unlike MK9 Sindel it seems that some of the people who fought her actually landed a few blows that made her stagger (FG Liu landed two good hits for instance) so maybe she's not as strong as we think she is. For her to be super powerful she'd have to be completely unfazed by anyone's hits
Still weird scene

Umgadi machine broke

So I just read Ermac's intro dialogues, he might have a long P&A based on what he and other people have been saying about him having the powers of all souls within him (even Sindel's scream) or he could just have this "likely more" written at the end of his P&A. He might even be very skilled since he has the knowledge of each soul in him, which wasn't too apparent in MK9-X

As for what this means for his gameplay, he might end up more interesting, maybe a new stance character with a different moveset for each soul (can't have too many of those archetypes in MK)

By the way, the new Scorpion will be linked to Kuai Liang Sub Zero's profile or to Hanzo Hasashi's Scorpion profile ?

Hard to say since he has core elements of both
...Should be Kuai Liang since its Kuai. Hanzo exists in the current timeline as someone else entirely (I wonder what they'll do with him)

He is currently Smoke and Scorpion's apprentice according to the Smoke ending, so maybe a mix of both?
I know he's in their ending, but will they anything with him in future of this game or will we have to wait for the next one (Probably the latter since Warner bros doesn't allow child murder. They could make him an NPC for an expansion pass)

By the way, the new Scorpion will be linked to Kuai Liang Sub Zero's profile or to Hanzo Hasashi's Scorpion profile ?

Hard to say since he has core elements of both
MK1 Scorp is getting a new profile linked in a disambig for Kuai Liang, I think we're calling them by their real names now. Sure Kuai may be the new Scorpion but the identity matters, especially when one is a human pyromancer and the other is damned and undead which would give them unique powers

The current profile we have for Scorpion in VSB is just going to be renamed. Also do you guys think pages with "(NRS)" in their names sound alright? Feels weird since the New Era in MK1 is also NRS era

Maybe we could name them by the timeline? Midway could be "(Original Timeline)", MK9-11 could be "(Second Timeline)", and now MK1 onward could be "(Current Timeline)", makes more sense imo with calling MK9-11 NRS only to call MK1 something else despite also being NRS.

Maybe we could name them by the timeline? Midway could be "(Original Timeline)", MK9-11 could be "(Second Timeline)", and now MK1 onward could be "(Current Timeline)", makes more sense imo with calling MK9-11 NRS only to call MK1 something else despite also being NRS.
Yeah, sounds right to me. Like "Kuai Lang (New Era)"

Speaking of abilities, would Titan Shang scale off of every spell Quan Chi and normal Shang have given he gave them their magic to begin with?

Thoughts on first look trailer
  • So Omni Man and Tremor kameo are the stars of the trailer. So far basic stuff were shown for Omni like meterless launcher kombos and a kombo that ends with an anti air grab that seems to reference the death of Darkwing, plus Tremor isn't too mind-blowing of a kameo rn (just a few launchers) but like all kameos he probs has one move that stands out. He has a projectile parry too but it's not too impressive relative to what we were shown in MK1 (puppet Kenshi, all of Geras' gameplay, hype mode Johnny etc.) But it's a first look trailer not a gameplay trailer so they could be hiding the real fun from us until November
  • Omni-Man's fatalities are epic. The train fatality was almost exactly how I predicted it. His Fatal Blow is his beatdown on Mark which is epic (hoping he says the same line for the whole roster too) I've been predicting fatalities since MKX, can I get a job now, NRS?
  • Omni-Man and Tremor look good, seems that Tremor is a klassic kameo meaning he won't be a story character right now. Also Omni is caked lol

I also noticed that Tremor has different rock skins when he was called, first he had earth skin and the second he had lava skin. So maybe Tremor is a stance kameo like he was in MKX in his Metallic variation where he could change between gold and lava skin

J.K's voice sound very strained
Well, he's almost 70 years old at this point.

As for his gory stuff and gameplay, it does look as how I expected. The references from the animated show were prtty clear, and he seems to be geared towards brawling and grappling, likely more than Reiko. I'm pretty glad they aren't putting him in flight outside of the counter stance like the Injustice characters since the levitating animations tended to suck.

If Omni-Man is a grappler, odds are Homelander will have some sort of zoning capabilities with his laser eyes
He's probably going to be that and a puncher, remember the guy doesn't really have any advanced fighting skill, he relies entirely on brute strength and his laser eyes

He's probably going to be that and a puncher, remember the guy doesn't really have any advanced fighting skill, he relies entirely on brute strength and his laser eyes
Hopefully his moveset wouldn't turn out bland otherwise his gameplay would be exactly the same as Robocop.

Does Homelander have any significant scenes of him fighting or using his powers? If he has any sick ones then they could nail his gameplay by using those as references. I also hope he has an interesting gimmick and archetype, I know it's expected of him to play like Injustice Superman but he can be so much different with MK1's new formula

Titan!Shang Tsung is pretty unanimously at least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C, right?

Doesn't that mean all the guests will be At Least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C?

TIER 2 OMNI-MAN???

So he really is a heat vision, flight, and brute strength fighter. I wonder how they'll not make him a generic zoner tbh (at least make him a unique zoner) I can see them making Homelander an install character who needs to fill up a Compound V gauge to enter a mode where he becomes more powerful (in what way idk yet) like Johnny Cage does

Back