• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

Titan!Shang Tsung is pretty unanimously at least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C, right?

Doesn't that mean all the guests will be At Least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C?

TIER 2 OMNI-MAN???
If we have official crossover stories with them, confirming they exist in the game's canon and they fight Low 2-C Shang, yes

He's probably going to be that and a puncher, remember the guy doesn't really have any advanced fighting skill, he relies entirely on brute strength and his laser eyes
Uh, considering he survived the Viltrumite shit where they were tearing eachother apart... literally he does.

And considering what happens in the Invincible Comic, Omni Man kind of has to be good to keep up with the ******* he does that are literally stronger then him lol

Uh, considering he survived the Viltrumite shit where they were tearing eachother apart... literally he does.

And considering what happens in the Invincible Comic, Omni Man kind of has to be good to keep up with the ******* he does that are literally stronger then him lol
He was talking about Homelander

Titan!Shang Tsung is pretty unanimously at least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C, right?

Doesn't that mean all the guests will be At Least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C?

TIER 2 OMNI-MAN???
More like 2-A, what they did was infinitely above 2-C.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't it God of Fire and Lightning Liu Kang and Crowned Shang Tsung who'd done the feat, not their Titan forms? They should have a "Likely far higher" rating tbh.

Yeah, there wasn't any hourglass involvement and neither had gotten control of the hourglass at that point. Liu Kang was missing the Crown and Shang got interrupted.

I missed a lot lel, i just want to say:
  • First.... Geez Nuke, the behaviour you did with Tempest weren't good at all, i know the frustration and whatsoever but you should look at the other side as well, Tempest warned you because the whole "did you ignore this?" shennanigans has gotten annoying at this point, i know that it's been a while but still, discovered it earlier has put a bad taste on my mouth which leave me no choice but call it out, no offense okay?
  • Second, Omniman trailer is indeed amazing, but too short lel, looks like he's mix of rushdown and grappler...... MK version of Android 16 maybe? 👀

I also hope that one of Omniman brutalities are going to be him take out the opponents heart and forced them to eat it just like he did in Death Battle

Last edited:
Second, Omniman trailer is indeed amazing, but too short lel, looks like he's mix of rushdown and grappler...... MK version of Android 16 maybe? 👀

I also hope that one of Omniman brutalities are going to be him take out the opponents heart and forced them to eat it just like he did in Death Battle
It's just a first look trailer, I guess they needed something to coincide with the trailer of S2 Invincible so they cooked up a small trailer. The full official gameplay trailer comes soon

I wonder if NRS watches Death Battle because one of Scorpion's custom moves in MK11 is based on how he killed Ryu

I missed a lot lel, i just want to say:
  • First.... Geez Nuke, the behaviour you did with Tempest weren't good at all, i know the frustration and whatsoever but you should look at the other side as well, Tempest warned you because the whole "did you ignore this?" shennanigans has gotten annoying at this point, i know that it's been a while but still, discovered it earlier has put a bad taste on my mouth which leave me no choice but call it out, no offense okay?
And I will reiterate that I did nothing wrong and attempting to silence me was power abuse. If someone has an issue, call me up to the Rule Violations Report thread so I can defend myself.

People may disagree with my opinion on scaling and that's fine. Someone in a position of power telling me to shut up rubs me the wrong way however.

(I want to create a picture of which characters in Mortal Kombat 1 are the strongest, want to help out. I have an idea of who is at the top)
God Tiers:

Liu Kang
Geras
Other Titans

Top Tiers:
Rain (Full potential)
Shujinko
Kuai Liang
Bi-Han
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Mileena
Sindel
Shao Kahn

Mid tiers:
Kung Lao
Smoke
Kitana
Tanya
Rain
Asharah
Sareena
Reptile
Baraka
Li Mei
Kenshi
Johnny Cage

Jobber:
Reiko
Havik
Darrius
Nitara

And I will reiterate that I did nothing wrong and attempting to silence me was power abuse. If someone has an issue, call me up to the Rule Violations Report thread so I can defend myself.

People may disagree with my opinion on scaling and that's fine. Someone in a position of power telling me to shut up rubs me the wrong way however.
I know your feeling but Tempest has a point, the whole "ignore this feat" has gotten annoying as i said so a warning is a warranted

Regardless i'm gonna stop it here as Cracker has called it out

Last edited:
Halloween is approaching, and I believe it is about time for some friends to join the fray!
Opening the dances, we have A Nightmare on Earthrealm Street!

I haven't published the profile yet because I want to hear your opinion on the method I used to justify his Babality being listed despite his status as a gameplay-only ability, mimicking the same formula I used for Humiliations from Classic Killer Instinct back then (an example here), which is similar to what I'd like to implement for the rest of the MK files in regards to the various finishers and their implications.

Halloween is approaching, and I believe it is about time for some friends to join the fray!

I haven't published the profile yet because I want to hear your opinion on the method I used to justify his Babality being listed despite his status as a gameplay-only ability, mimicking the same formula I used for Humiliations from Classic Killer Instinct back then (an example here), which is similar to what I'd like to implement for the rest of the MK files in regards to the various finishers and their implications.
I don't mind it but personally I think his Intelligence should be split between regular and combat smarts like we do with the Prometheans from Halo and other characters that showcase different levels of intellect for different criteria. It should look more like "At least Average General Intelligence, Gifted Combat Intelligence" given how skilled he would have to be to defeat Shao Khan.

I don't mind it but personally I think his Intelligence should be split between regular and combat smarts like we do with the Prometheans from Halo and other characters that showcase different levels of intellect for different criteria. It should look more like "At least Average General Intelligence, Gifted Combat Intelligence" given how skilled he would have to be to defeat Shao Khan.
Honestly, Netherrealm Shao Kahn isn't really a monster in skill and is more like a skilled bruiser with magic and higher strength than even people on his ballpark.

He gots defeated every time a comparable opponent shows up, Liu Kang dances around him in the coliseum (before Aftermath) and Shang Tsung comments on how he was never much of a fighter.

He did defeat Liu once, but given his record, I'd give the merit of his victory to all the things that make him fearsome, as skill isn't all that matters at the end of the day.

Honestly, Netherrealm Shao Kahn isn't really a monster in skill and is more like a skilled bruiser with magic and higher strength than even people on his ballpark.

He gots defeated every time a comparable opponent shows up, Liu Kang dances around him in the coliseum (before Aftermath) and Shang Tsung comments on how he was never much of a fighter.
I mean yeah, I guess, it just feels weird to scale his intelligence to Shao Kahn and not have them be in the same intelligence level.

Shao's intelligence is a relic of the past, aside from being barebones, and I firmly believe it should be downgraded when the time of his revision comes.
He is also pretty dumb overall tbh, Netherrealm really did him dirty.

Shao's intelligence is a relic of the past, aside from being barebones, and I firmly believe it should be downgraded when the time of his revision comes.
He is also pretty dumb overall tbh, Netherrealm really did him dirty.
Yeah, he went from an actual threat to a massive jobber.

Yea Shao isn’t super smart in NRS. He’s just physically a tank and extremely quick and powerful with both his magic and his physical attacks

Sad how he became a bum in MK1

Looked at the Omni Man trailer. Damn, he has cakes
AAc0GCAAE8Fj.jpg

Wee late to the Halloween profile parade Salmon, I beat you too it three times over, with two Headless Horseman profiles, and now a rework of some ****** who leads "Bloodclan" ... which is as stupid as it sounds after his death

Yeah that's fine

Classic/Midway Shao Kahn: A powerful warlord who is both a physical threat that is an expert in kombat and is proficient in sorcery. He is intelligent enough to plant Sindel's corpse in between the realms, thus giving him access to Earthrealm after his loss. Was smart enough to know that he couldn't kill Onaga is a fight, instead slowly poisoning him over the years. Was able to predict his own assassination and was able to successful fake his own death, tricking the likes of both Shang Tsung and Quan Chi.

Second Timeline Shao Kahn: A powerful warlord who is both a physical threat that is an expert in kombat and is proficient in sorcery. He's so great at sorcery that he could teach Skarlet to use blood magic and was able to infuse Shang Tsung's soul into Sindel...But he's also a dumb brute. He gives away his own plans to his "daughter" upon first accusation, all his schemes and strategy are done by Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, or Kronika, gets killed by Shang Tsung because he turned his back to him.

Current Timeline Shao Kahn:

Anyone knows why terminator's profile was nuked?

Wee late to the Halloween profile parade Salmon, I beat you too it three times over, with two Headless Horseman profiles, and now a rework of some ****** who leads "Bloodclan" ... which is as stupid as it sounds after his death

Yeah that's fine
I know this is just a ruse meant to lure me into checking your CRT
Anyone knows why terminator's profile was nuked?
I don't know, maybe because it was from the time we didn't allow crossover dlcs even though they have their own story.

I know this is just a ruse meant to lure me into checking your CRT
I didn't even make it for October, it just fits lol... and yeah it does need someone to check it, though it is a basic bitch rework that's basically just making the profile acceptable by modern standards lol

And I wasn't even thinking about you commenting on it when I grabbed the link

Back