• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

I'm honestly worried about the autododge. Its breakaway from MK11 but far worse. Can only hope it takes two bars to activate. One bar means that they can guarantee punish your attacks several times in a match, would be beyond broken.

No I think only the Amulet can't be destroyed
I see. Second question then: Does the sealing ability automatically drag the opponent into it even if they were much stronger and faster than the user so long as it tagged them? The tractor beam effect always gave me the vibe that it needed to overpower the target first.

I see. Second question then: Does the sealing ability automatically drag the opponent into it even if they were much stronger and faster than the user so long as it tagged them? The tractor beam effect always gave me the vibe that it needed to overpower the target first.
Dunno about dragging targets who are stronger and faster into it, but in MK1 it just sucked multiple targets in without the overpowering thing that we see in MKX, so no, I think it just needs to tag them. I don't think resisting Shinnok's amulet's sealing has ever been done in MK anyways, let alone implied

Was Shinnok's Amulet a Kamidogu? Cuz I hear we'll be getting those in the DLC story.
Yes I think, in the OG timeline Onaga drew power from it for protection like the other Kamidogus, plus he needed it with the other Kamidogus to fuse them into the ultimate Kamidogu to remake reality

Also I have a problem with adding the first Midway profile for Sub-Zero, how do I get to rename the current Sub-Zero page into "Sub-Zero (NRS)" because I don't have the option to do so

Yes I think, in the OG timeline Onaga drew power from it for protection like the other Kamidogus, plus he needed it with the other Kamidogus to fuse them into the ultimate Kamidogu to remake reality

Also I have a problem with adding the first Midway profile for Sub-Zero, how do I get to rename the current Sub-Zero page into "Sub-Zero (NRS)" because I don't have the option to do so
I think only some admin can do that (I had to ask Antvasima to change a profile's name more than once personally) but I'm not sure

images

Rain said in his dialogue with Omni-Man that he drowned a city. Is this not blatantly 7-B?
It's been talked a lot, since that's what happens in his ending, but that's the result of him calling forth extraordinary and unprecedented levels of magic, so it's far from his standard power output, and surely doesn't apply to physicals of normal water attacks.

You can argue its his new standard because nothing implies the power boost wasn't permanent. Won't apply to physicals, of course but you can give an up to 7-B rating for his magic.

But we have to prove a positive for that.

Besides, he might be able to summon that amount of magic again, but it doesn't mean he's become able to sum that whole amount in standard attacks.

Up to 7-B via magic (maybe via environmental destruction) is fine though.

But it's pretty cool how this game both looks and plays a lot like injustice 2. MK11 changed some things around and I'm still trying to adapt to that and learn, as I played MKX and Injustice a lot more previously, and were pretty used to those. Haven't quite got the hang of MK11 (Not giving up ofc) but I'm glad you see this game return to that style

It's been talked a lot, since that's what happens in his ending, but that's the result of him calling forth extraordinary and unprecedented levels of magic, so it's far from his standard power output, and surely doesn't apply to physicals of normal water attacks.
Is magic treated as a UES in MK? If so couldn’t it scale to Shang since he’s essentially the strongest magician in MK

does anyone know if someones making an mk crt rn and what its about? i heard some people where and i wanted to know if its true as i had ideas of my own for a crt

does anyone know if someones making an mk crt rn and what its about? i heard some people where and i wanted to know if its true as i had ideas of my own for a crt
It's just this right now, the last step is already in progress

I'm a bit confused about the Hourglass. Can someone clarify?

Each timeline has an Hourglass, and that destroying the Hourglass destroys the timeline. But in the beginning cutscene when opening the game, the Hourglass is depicted as housing innumerable grains of sand, and one of those grain of sand is then revealed to be the current timeline which Liu Kang has created. So is the Hourglass a 2-A construct or only Low 2-C?

Is the Hourglass in Liu Kang's new timeline even the same as Kronika's? Is Kronika's Hourglass just stronger?

I'm a bit confused about the Hourglass. Can someone clarify?

Each timeline has an Hourglass, and that destroying the Hourglass destroys the timeline. But in the beginning cutscene when opening the game, the Hourglass is depicted as housing innumerable grains of sand, and one of those grain of sand is then revealed to be the current timeline which Liu Kang has created. So is the Hourglass a 2-A construct or only Low 2-C?

Is the Hourglass in Liu Kang's new timeline even the same as Kronika's? Is Kronika's Hourglass just stronger?
That's wrong because the cinematic just uses the grain of sand to make the creation of the universe look cool, it's not a timeline or whatever

I guess... but I doubt that's all there is to it. There has to be a creative reason it's depicted that way.
Sometimes it really is like that, not everything these days has a ridiculously deep message that will leave you satisfied when you get to the bottom of it, speaking from my experience of talking to a video game writer of several prominent series

But if I were to interpret it like you did, each grain of sand could represent a "draft" of the universe that Liu made before he made the final universe that is MK1. He did say he prepared before making the world

Back