• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mori Jin Speed Upgrade

Nice. I agreed with using the calc for the solar system because Saten turning the universe white sounds impossible when the fight only took up the solar system.

Jin Mori turning the universe off is more debatable and something I really don't wanna get into

"It seemed like the universe turned off" is because the sun suddenly went out in the middle of the day so it got pitch black suddenly. It's not even debatable, it's straight up just people saying what it looked like because the freaking sun went out.

Monarch Laciel said:
"It seemed like the universe turned off" is because the sun suddenly went out in the middle of the day so it got pitch black suddenly. It's not even debatable, it's straight up just people saying what it looked like because the freaking sun went out.
I wouldn't go for the Universe one either, I would go with the mid ball (Solar System). The only reason I said it was debatable is cause I've seen it be debated and some good points for it on a discord server somewhere.

If this goes through, only x250,000 Mori scales. Maybe Satan with x250,000 too, but no one else.

Sir Ovens said:
If this goes through, only x250,000 Mori scales. Maybe Satan with x250,000 too, but no one else.
Basically It's just Mori and Satan for now. A very unluckly but maybe R as well, he did fight Supreme God Mori who is above the Mori who did this feat, but it was stated that Mori used quite a bit of his power and energy agaisnt Satan. So it's Unclear how much weaker he is when he was agianst Satan in Supreme God State

Supreme God Mori is below x250,000 Mori actually. He's stronger than Monkey King Mori by a long shot, but Supreme God Mori's best feat was one-shotting a weakened Phase 3 Satan. x250,000 Mori is still the strongest Mori has ever been.

I personally think supreme God Jin Mori is the strongest because of the statement about him being a dimension higher than all of the other god but it's too soon to tell tbh.

I agree with AstralKing7,

there are statements saying that Supreme God Mori being a higher Dimension than the other gods. He also scared the shit out of Satan who was still willing to fight Mori after 250000x increase and he also broke his limits against Satan, being pushed to higher level.

I'm 100% with @Monarch Laciel here. This isn't a speed feat in any capacity and the calc is based on a false premise.

Qawsedf234 said:
I'm 100% with @Monarch Laciel here. This isn't a speed feat in any capacity and the calc is based on a false premise.
This is still applicable as a speed feat, it may not be a travel speed feat but a definitely a combat one. Mori was able to extinguishthe sun from the shockwave of his attack. Mori's shockwave from his attack travelled a distance (Universe, Solar system, Sun. Whichever you think is best). Mori's martial arts and attacks utilise shockwaves as attacks, this would scale to those attacks and his punches and kicks.

He didn't extinguish anything. He moved the Sun's Chromosphere. At best the lowball option is the only usable one, but nothing even confirms he moved the Chromosphere that fast, just that he staggered the light reaching the Earth by a mere trillionth of a second.

The calc is flawed as I said before and more importantly no one has approved of your calc. Its not usable as is.

Qawsedf234 said:
He didn't extinguish anything. He moved the Sun's Chromosphere. At best the lowball option is the only usable one, but nothing even confirms he moved the Chromosphere that fast, just that he staggered the light reaching the Earth by a mere trillionth of a second.
The calc is flawed as I said before and more importantly no one has approved of your calc. Its not usable as is.
The chapter Portrays it the Sun's Chromosphere being kicked in a trillionth of a second. It shows Mori perform his attack. Mori attack is said to have and shown in to remove the Sun's Chromosphere in 0.0000000001 of second, the Sun's Chromosphere is shown directly to be removed once it was said to be done in 0.0000000001 of a second. It is depicted and stated in the chapter to be moved that fast.

Also for Mori to stagger/flicker the light reaching Earth in a trillionth of a second he would have to have caused it to happen in a trillionth of a second.

PowerToScale said:
The chapter Portrays it the Sun's Chromosphere being kicked in a trillionth of a second. It shows Mori perform his attack. Mori attack is said to have and shown in to remove the Sun's Chromosphere in 0.0000000001 of second, the Sun's Chromosphere is shown directly to be removed once it was said to be done in 0.0000000001 of a second. It is depicted and stated in the chapter to be moved that fast.
It didn't. The chapter said that the light from the sun fadded for 0.0000000001 seconds. Know how we can 100% know that the Chromosphere didn't move that fast? The sun's gravity pulled it back. In outer space there's no such thing as friction or slow down. If something in outspace moves at mach 5 it'll keep moving at mach 5 forever until it hits something or something else forces it to change its course. At the speed you suggested the Chromosphere would've reached Earth's orbit in one second and would be impossible for the sun to drag it back without it taking millions of years. But it didn't. It barely moved its full diameter .

The feat is nowhere near as fast as you believe it is.

he would have to have caused it to happen in a trillionth of a second.

No he wouldn't have. He just caused a short delay in sunlight reaching the Earth.

Qawsedf234 said:
PowerToScale said:
It didn't. The chapter said that the light from the sun fadded for 0.0000000001 seconds. Know how we can 100% know that the Chromosphere didn't move that fast? The sun's gravity pulled it back. In outer space there's no such thing as friction or slow down. If something in outspace moves at mach 5 it'll keep moving at mach 5 forever until it hits something or something else forces it to change its course. At the speed you suggested the Chromosphere would've reached Earth's orbit in one second and would be impossible for the sun to drag it back without it taking millions of years. But it didn't. It barely moved its full diameter .
The feat is nowhere near as fast as you believe it is.

he would have to have caused it to happen in a trillionth of a second.
No he wouldn't have. He just caused a short delay in sunlight reaching the Earth.

I would argue author's intent but I'm pretty sure the wiki doesn't like that.

For my claim "Also for Mori to stagger/flicker the light reaching Earth in a trillionth of a second he would have to have caused it to happen in a trillionth of a second." where you replied "No he wouldn't have. He just caused a short delay in sunlight reaching the Earth". Could you provide me some sort of evidence or scientific study where it would point that Mori wouldn't have to move or act at a trillionth of a second to cause the light to stagger/flicker for a trillionth of a second?

Before I continue please do not quote massive walls of text. Just sections.

Could you provide me some sort of evidence or scientific study where it would point that Mori wouldn't have to move or act at a trillionth of a second to cause the light to stagger/flicker for a trillionth of a second?

As an example take a candle and blow on it. It will dim then return back to full luminosity. Jin did that with the sun. The fact the Chromosphere did not move that far means it was not kicked that fast. The action is far longer than your calc makes it out as.

As an example take a candle and blow on it. It will dim then return back to full luminosity. Jin did that with the sun. The fact the Chromosphere did not move that far means it was not kicked that fast. The action is far longer than your calc makes it out as.

I think you're misunderstanding something, unless I am misunderstanding your response,in that case I'm sorry. Using the candle example, If I blow on the candle, the flame will stagger/flicker at the speed that air is leaving my mouth. Same with the light staggering/flickering at a trillionth of a second, Mori's attack or move would of have to move at the same speed. That is was I was asking, which you said "no he wouldn't have". That was I was asking evidence for.

Mori dimmed the sun by moving its Chromosphere back. Then the light returned to its normal luminosity. He acted as blocker or shade. The Chromosphere and the shockwave from his attack demonstrably did not go as fast as your calc suggested or it would be impossible for the sun to have pulled it back with its gravity.

The feat just isn't usable speed wise.

Qawsedf234 said:
Mori dimmed the sun by moving its Chromosphere back. Then the light returned to its normal luminosity. He acted as blocker or shade. The Chromosphere and the shockwave from his attack demonstrably did not go as fast as your calc suggested or it would be impossible for the sun to have pulled it back with its gravity.
The feat just isn't usable speed wise.
Okay, I would argue authors intent and that fact the authors use of real-world physics is really wonky, also just changing things like turning Jupiter into a solid planet instead of a gas one. However, I feel like that wouldn't change a thing.

I do have a question I would like you to answer regarding the solar system distance. The solar system distance was obtained when Mori vaporized all of Satans clones (which happened before the 0.0000000001 staggers/flicker). The reasons why Satans clones are considered to be as far as the next solar system are mentioned in the calc. Would you say a calc using that distance and a tiemframe of a second would be acceptable?

Okay, I would argue authors intent and that fact the authors use of real-world physics is really wonky

I would argue if the authors breaks physics and heavily contradicts itself then the feat is uncalcable and therefore shouldn't be used.

Would you say a calc using that distance and a tiemframe of a second would be acceptable?

No. There's absolutely no reason to assume or even guess that the Satan clones reached another Solar System. The chapter itself gives the number of clones made. Mori just used a hyperbolic statement about their amount. But that's all it is. Hyperbole.

Back