• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Star Wars Revisions (JUST JANGO FETT and LIGHTSABER STUFF LEFT TO DISCUSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's lame, I think the Legends version where it was just raw training which gradually wielded extraordinary results over 1,000 years was cooler.

that was a specific technique that only the banite sith know, and andeddu, and somehow, vitiate. in canon, they make it seem like its just a thing that the sith do

Matthew Schroeder said:
The novel presents not one shred of evidence to support your theory that Palpatine became magically stronger in The Rise of Skywalker. Throughout the whole story he is at his weakest, dying, decaying, on weak, withered body held by life-support systems and alchemy, and he is still described as having "Power unlike anything Kylo Ren had ever seen." when they first meet. And when he drains the Life Force of Ben and Rey's Dyad, he is restoring himself to his peak.
No need to show disrespect to arguments you didn't even read, which is evident as you point out stuff I repeated and cared to explain over and over again why they don't matter at all. I will present the downgrade in the future, if you still don't have the time to read and understand what I say there then I hope you don't just throw disagreement anyway.

@Matt

> The novel presents not one shred of evidence to support your theory that Palpatine became magically stronger in The Rise of Skywalker.

Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence.

Palpatine's feat is literally hundreds of thousands of times stronger than anything he has shown before.

We dont need a literal quote of "Your stronger than before" to come to that conclusion

I mean we kinda do

Especially when there are several quotes claiming he's much weaker then before and he himself outright says he needs the Dyad to return to full power

My point is that there needed to be no evidence for Palpatine becoming stronger for that to be the most likely case, there cannot be "nothing to disagree". Unless all my arguments aren't even arguments or something on those lines, which I do take as disrespect.

> Especially when there are several quotes claiming he's much weaker then before

Context is Pre Dyad Absorption.

Palpatine: Is the strongest Sith Lord of all time.

People: Okay.

Palpatine: Performs a feat stronger than anything done by any other Jedi or Sith in the franchise:

People: WOT

Honestly I wanted him to do a proper Force Storm in the movie. Like, he transported part of the DS mid explosion with a FS and that's how he survived. Actually insane upgrades, amen.

Matthew Schroeder said:
So you are arguing from incredulity.
Thread:4001398#318

Matthew Schroeder said:
Palpatine: Is the strongest Sith Lord of all time.

People: Okay.

Palpatine: Performs a feat stronger than anything done by any other Jedi or Sith in the franchise:

People: WOT
Without that feat he is still the strongest Sith Lord of all time. This point you make legit doesn't matter, it's not that it matters little or works as context for some minor thing, it doesn't matter period, it's just bias for the character.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think it's lame, I think the Legends version where it was just raw training which gradually wielded extraordinary results over 1,000 years was cooler.
Personally, I find the new interpretation to be better. It explains how a single Sith Lord could cause such an imbalance in the Force - said Sith also contains the accumulated spirits of all past Sith for a thousand years; it gives deeper significance to the Rule of Two, and it explains why Palpatine was so set on attaining an apprentice more powerful than himself in the films, and adds a new layer to his goading Luke to strike him down.

All of that is irrelevant to the thread, aside from the lightsaber stuff. But I think we can get to that later.

Will make a separate post about Palpatine, gathering all the sources and what not.

Including WOG that tells us Episode 9 Palpatine>ROTS Palpatine.

If TROS Palpatine did grow stronger then ROTS Palpatine, Yoda and Windu would be at least 7-A by upscaling from Vader, unless there's a better feat.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
If TROS Palpatine did grow stronger then ROTS Palpatine, Yoda and Windu would be at least 7-A by upscaling from Vader, unless there's a better feat.
They could still be the same tier as Palpatine. You can be stronger without being so much so that you jump several tiers. We never really saw Palpatine's full destructive power calculated.

Anyway would it be fine if I downgrade the 6-B shields to High 6-C? It was agreed in the multiplier thread it should be downgraded and I doubt there's going to be any objections.

Btw actually FTL Jango Fett might work, since we might make 3 keys for Mace Windu which would make his AOTC key FTL, which is consistent with Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan.

Although I think Hellbeast1 has a point that it's a bit cherrypicking to only scale Jango Fett to the Jedi's speed but not their strength in literally the same scene.

He's obviously not physically as fast or strong as them, but he does some show sort of comparable reactions. Though, a lot of those Jedi hold back, and it's common PIS. As Hellbeast said, it would be like if Batman had Massively FTL+ combat speed but doesn't scale anywhere else.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Although I think Hellbeast1 has a point that it's a bit cherrypicking to only scale Jango Fett to the Jedi's speed but not their strength in literally the same scene.
I mean, that could give another reason to scale the Jedi to the Mandalorians' physicals. Then it's not quite cherrypicking anymore.

Pre Visla should be somewhat comparable to Jango Fett, yet he gave Maul a decent fight . Would this challenge the Jango vs Obi-Wan fight being an outlier?

I gathered the feat-relevant statements and along with info not revealed in the film here . For feats, basicly:

• Self-Levitation through the Force is a skill unique to Rey and Leia only. So we can give Rey Flight
  • The number of Xyston-class Star Destroyer is tens of thousands (not an exageration). The number of the fleet ships Lango gathered is at one hundred thousands.
  • Palpatine did not lift the Star Destroyers, he was only showing Kylo a vision.
  • Palpatine was amped after absorbing the life force of Rey and Ben. (implying a downgrade)
These are the quotes showing that Palpatine was amped:

The Emperor gasped. Stared at his hands, which had begun knitting themselves back together, bones regrowing, pale flesh closing over them. "The life-force of your bond," he said, his voice tinged with wonder. "A dyad in the Force!"

His gleeful triumphant thoughts washed over Rey, as she struggled against his grip, unable to move. He had won. At last. All those years, all that searching. He'd tried to create a dyad with Anakin, as his master had tried to create one with him. The Rule of Two, a Master always in desperate search of a yet more powerful apprentice, was a pale imitation, an unworthy but necessary successor to the older, purer doctrine of the Dyad.

"Unseen for generations," he crowed. "And now the power of two restores the one true Emperor!"

He raised his perfect, healed hands, and called on all the dark power of the Force and the Sith who had come before him, and pulled their life from their very bodies. It poured from them like a river of light, leaving them weaker and weaker.

The Emperor laughed as his body strengthened, became whole. The milky film faded from his eyes, revealing golden irises around obsidian pupils.

Rey and Ben lay collapsed on the floor as Emperor Palpatine released himself from the Ommin harness and drifted down. He stood straight and strong now. Invincible.

The Emperor raised his voice to the throng. "Look what you have made," he said. Their chanted response was thunderous, and he stood, hands slightly raised, as if absorbing their worship as power.

"Do not fear their feeble attack, my faithful!" the Emperor said, Ben already forgotten. His lips spread apart into a nightmarish grin, and he lifted his face to Exegol's sky. "Nothing will stop the return of the Sith!"

He raised his hands as though reaching toward the battle overhead. Even through her haze of weakness and exhaustion, Rey could sense him draw on the Force. The Emperor's power was staggering now. No, their power. Hers and Ben's.

Tears streamed down her face as he used their stolen power to create a conduit of Force lightning. Writhing, crooked tendrils of light shot from his fingers, coalesced into a thick stream of light that burst into the sky, flooding the Resistance ships. They sparked helplessly against the onslaught, tilting on their axis.

The Emperor's power was beautiful to behold, reaching ever higher, spreading out like a flower of light. In a way, she and Ben had made that. But the Emperor was using it for unspeakable evil. And now she was helpless. Dying.

His attack intensified. "You are nothing!" he yelled. "A scavenger girl is no match for the power in me. I am all the Sith!"

So we have:

• 1- The Force Dyad, which is the potential Power both Ben and Rey can create. Palpatine was craving it and attempted to create a Force Dyad with Plagueis and Anakin, and he finally got it by stealing it from Rey and Ben.
  • 2- [Unconfirmed if he had this power 50 years ago during the Prequels, if he did it would be a retcon as this was never previously mentioned] The power of all the Sith before him in a non-metaphorical way. It should be similar to Rey being powered.
  • 3- [Unconfirmed but implied] The chanting of the Sith Eternal cultists was doing during the soul transfer ritual and after he absorbed the life force of Rey and Ben.

I mean you can probably argue Jango Fett's armour is High 7-C for tanking Obi-Wan's blows? Cuz in close combat Obi-Wan was having the upper hand and Jango Fett didn't really cause any damage except the headbutt which you can argue Obi-Wan was simply caught off balance and slipped.

I need to watch the fight again.

I doubt he would be using the force to its fullest. He was ordered to capture the assassin, if I remember, and it's not the Jedi way to kill unless the situation calls for it.

Which is Legends canon. Also, if he were using all of his strength, he'd rip Jano right in half with his Planet level strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back