• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Star Wars Revisions (JUST JANGO FETT and LIGHTSABER STUFF LEFT TO DISCUSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive heard now from a friend that while mace was fighting sheev, he was sensing him more than he could see him. eyesight is less reliable than sensing, as anakin could sense the two fighting

ByAsura said:
I couldn't find many feats, unfortunately, but Mace should at least be FTL.
In Children of the Force, Mace Windu easily outsped a blaster bolt, which move at light-speed in Legends. This story takes place sometime before 33 BBY, as Depa was still a Padawa, but after 44 BBY because Windu was a Jedi Master.

While Mace was using Vaapad, Jedi Anakin couldn't see him or Palpatine, having to feel them in the force. Mace's blade also appears to Anakin as a sphere of purple fire that slashed in dozens of directions at once.

• Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire with in which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once. The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine? Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—But he could feel them in the Force. The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening.
For supporting evidence, Shaak Ti, who's decently powerful by Clone Wars-era Jedi Master standards but nowhere near Windu, can keep up with and blitz MagnaGuards.

• "Three MagnaGuards, each with a double-ended weapon that generated an energy field impervious to lightsabers, each with reflexes that operated near lightspeed". - ROTS Novelization
According to the ROTS novel, captial ships exchange fire at near light-speed.

• The vast semisphere of the view wall bloomed with battle. Sophisticated sensor algorithms compressed the combat that sprawled throughout the galactic capital's orbit to a view the naked eye could enjoy: cruisers hundreds of kilometers apart, exchanging fire at near lightspeed, appeared to be practically hull-to-hull, joined by pulsing cables of flame.
From what I remember, there's at least a couple instances of people deflecting captial ship fire.
Which are completely contradictory to what is seen in the films and in the Clone Wars TV series.

In the film, the starships are only kilometers apart from each other, exchanging near point-blank broadsides. In the case of the Mace Windu vs. Palpatine fight, Anakin only arrives after Mace had seemingly defeated Palpatine.

obi wan cant see GG move either, but he still completely blocks his 4 blades back using just one. so yeah, he cant see him, but he can move fast enough to fight him

@Catalyst I don't care if it's contradictory to the films or movies, this is Legends, where ships can fire bolts as fast as they want. Also, why does it even matter if the ships are only kilometers apart?

I suppose the part about Anakin coming in later makes sense. Even Legends goes by that.

@By to be fair the films are the highest form of canon so If we see something the films contradict I'd say we should go with the films

@Asura I like it when there is a degree of consistency between visual and written media of the same story, and the films are the Star Wars I grew up with and experienced.

That's probably why Disney ejected Legends from canon. Like it or not, Star Wars has over 40 years of (mostly bad) media, so there's bound to be inconsistencies.

@Hellbeast There's a difference, though. If a laser cannon looks like it's below the speed of sound in canon, that doesn't mean it can't be FTL in Legends. There's no explict statement or real feats to contradict this.

Also Ki-Adi-Mundi, a Cerean who is known for their fast reactions, only has Supersonic+ reactions naturally, which explains why Anakin can't perceive Windu and Sidious. They aren't fast enough to perceive other people naturally, but they have MHS+ reactions via the Force/precognition.

I've seen this happen sometimes. It should be automatically locked soon after a few comments.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4191852

Made a CRT for the Jango Fett upgrade, hopefully we can finish before the forum move.

I know there are also multiple other Star Wars revisions required, but I'll do this one first since it's relatively non-controversial.

Someone should probably close this with a link to the next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back