• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter General Discussion Thread.

That honestly looks more like they either got Vaporized or Atomized since there's literally ******* nothing left, not even Smoke/Vapor. I wouldn't say it's straight up EE. Also, what the **** kind of White Fatalis is that? It's like a White Fatalis on Mega Steroids.

You need to prove it is over, say, vaporization, BFR, spatial manipulation, or the variety of other abilities that can cause someone to just disappear.
Definitely not Spatial Manipulation, no one in MH does that, even the OPness that is Fatalis. BFR ain't it either, that's Guanzorumu's Yeet instakill.

Vaporization is most likely it so fair enough. Only reason I concluded EE is because the page doesn't really mention similar abilities other than Void Manipulation.
That honestly looks more like they either got Vaporized or Atomized since there's literally ******* nothing left, not even Smoke/Vapor. I wouldn't say it's straight up EE. Also, what the **** kind of White Fatalis is that? It's like a White Fatalis on Mega Steroids.
Say hi to Frontier Z's White Fatalis, one of the three ultimate bosses of the game alongside Shiten Dhisufiroa and Arrogant Duremudira.

Dhisu lost a matchup against White Fatalis a few years back on this wiki long before this was implemented, so if White Fatalis beat it before, now it's just doing the nae nae on its grave.

Now that that's settled, when can we make the edits to Fatalis' profile? And I'm still not sure what to do with Oltura since its supposed world-destroying capabilities have been revealed to be Zellard's insane delusions, so I doubt that reaches 5-A. Unless I missed something.

Last edited:
Definitely not Spatial Manipulation, no one in MH does that, even the OPness that is Fatalis.
Pretty sure Alatreon has it via a statement about its horns being able to cut through space-time.

Now that that's settled, when can we make the edits to Fatalis' profile? And I'm still not sure what to do with Oltura since its supposed world-destroying capabilities have been revealed to be Zellard's insane delusions, so I doubt that reaches 5-A. Unless I missed something.
When a CRT is made to suggest all these changes. Oltura itself is fine as it though, the game's cutscene narration supports its 5-A rating and even then its just a likely rating and not a concrete one.

On another note, I'm surprised Fatalis doesn't have Type 6 Immortality for the whole "take over hunter who killed it and become a new Fatalis" thing as its pretty clean cut and The Hunter for being able to not be taken over by it. Once I'm wrapped up with Xenoblade stuff I'll be sure to do stuff on MH like try add a Safi'Jiiva profile. It'll be a similar case to Oltura in terms of rating though the 5-A would be based off of statements such as the Field Team Leader being unsure on who would win between Safi and Alatreon.

When a CRT is made to suggest all these changes. Oltura itself is fine as it though, the game's cutscene narration supports its 5-A rating and even then its just a likely rating and not a concrete one.
So just to make it clear, who's the top dog of MH? I doubt Oltura is taking down Fatalis, let alone White.

Hax wise, Oltura due to Fatalis lacking any resistance to deconstruction, having no way around type 4 immortality nor having an answer to reactive evolution.
AP wise, Fatalis.

Hax wise, Oltura due to Fatalis lacking any resistance to deconstruction, having no way around type 4 immortality nor having an answer to reactive evolution.
AP wise, Fatalis.
Doesn't Fatalis have the Vaporization feat I presented before? It leaves no trace behind of even the Hunter who's equipped with the best armor in Frontier. Oltura was resurrected in that cutscene but still had a body while White's laser left absolutely nothing.

Plus, the deconstruction feat was against a plain arrow, so I doubt that works against something of a higher caliber, like Ratha and the Monsties in the same fight and especially Fatalis who you just mentioned had higher AP.

By the way, no. Alatreon's horns described no part of being able to cleave spacetime. The description just calls them "convoluted horns". It's the wings.

Also yeah, we really need a whole CRT for Monster Hunter soon. A lot of pages here are missing info from all the way back in Frontier.

Last edited:
Doesn't Fatalis have the Vaporization feat I presented before? It leaves no trace behind of even the Hunter who's equipped with the best armor in Frontier. Oltura was resurrected in that cutscene but still had a body while White's laser left absolutely nothing.
Given hax like the deconstruction, mind hax, reactive evolution, etc. Fatalis ain't gonna be able to pull that off (especially since its White Fatalis exclusive) in time before its already over.
Plus, the deconstruction feat was against a plain arrow, so I doubt that works against something of a higher caliber, like Ratha and the Monsties in the same fight and especially Fatalis who you just mentioned had higher AP.
Ratha and other Monsties being able to withstand it would also be a resistance feat to it. Hax such as deconstruction does not care about Attack Potency and will affect anything that it can hit regardless of if the opponent is stronger.
Also yeah, we really need a whole CRT for Monster Hunter soon. A lot of pages here are missing info from all the way back in Frontier.
Too many profile just not there, Zinogre doesn't even have one yet. Anyway I'mma head to bed gn ya'll.

Last edited:
Given hax like the deconstruction, mind hax, reactive evolution, etc. Fatalis ain't gonna be able to pull that off (especially since its White Fatalis exclusive) in time before its already over.
Again, Oltura left a corpse when it died the first time. Reactive Evolution won't really matter since White Fatalis just needs a single laser to remove Oltura from the census, and it usually fires them by the dozens. Again, these lasers leave no trace and require no complicated setup to release.

The Rage Rays mind hax didn't even work on Nergigante considering it's still going after Oltura, albeit failing miserably like the spiky imbecile it is.
Ratha and other Monsties being able to withstand it would also be a resistance feat to it. Hax such as deconstruction does not care about Attack Potency and will affect anything that it can hit regardless of if the opponent is stronger.
How are the Monsties specifically granted resistance against the Deconstruction? It certainly ain't the Kinship Stone since the first game established that it was made as a counter to the Black Blight, which is heavily implied to be Fatalis' work.

I doubt a plain low-tier Elder Dragon or even a Pukei-Pukei has better resistance against White Fatalis.

Last edited:
Black Blight, which is heavily implied to be Fatalis' work.
you wot mate, the game literally points out a source for it and it isn't fatalis, those were only rumors by townsfolk, the thing that is much more likely to be the case is the Peiteru line, or the only actual cause we see for it in the game, forcing kinship bonds or abuse of kinship ore, who we have seen able to use it multiple times + fatalis causing it isn't shown anywhere, even in the fight against it, also for the most haxed it is likely to be Maliki line or Gore Magala since extreme aoe do in fact go brrrr

you wot mate, the game literally points out a source for it and it isn't fatalis, those were only rumors by townsfolk, the thing that is much more likely to be the case is the Peiteru line, or the only actual cause we see for it in the game, forcing kinship bonds or abuse of kinship ore, who we have seen able to use it multiple times + fatalis causing it isn't shown anywhere, even in the fight against it, also for the most haxed it is likely to be Maliki line or Gore Magala since extreme aoe do in fact go brrrr
I did say "implied", although the only actual source I got for that is Redan's mural, which depicts both him, a Rathalos and a Palico fighting against the Black Blight. One of the panels has them going up against a long-necked fire-breathing dragon.

DoRCRD1VsAAlwlI

Unfortunately, that's about it. It's why I never brought up the Black Blight as a deciding factor. Even then, it only worked against Versa Pietru.

Last edited:
ah, yeah , well, either way, Fatalis isnt the only monster that looks like that, see the other black dragons, + when you fight Fatalis it doesn't have the blight aura

ah, yeah , well, either way, Fatalis isnt the only monster that looks like that, see the other black dragons, + when you fight Fatalis it doesn't have the blight aura
Again, it's why I never used that as a deciding factor. At least with White's lasers, we see that actually reduce a Hunter to nothingness in a mere shot.

Also, Fatalis is genuinely the only main series Elder Dragon with a really long neck. Alatreon's is shorter, Dire's is bulky and Dalamadur's is too spiky.

Last edited:
Again, Oltura left a corpse when it died the first time. Reactive Evolution won't really matter since White Fatalis just needs a single laser to remove Oltura from the census, and it usually fires them by the dozens. Again, these lasers leave no trace and require no complicated setup to release.
Aight I'm back, watched multiple fights with that White Fatalis and it never uses the attack that leaves no remains of the Hunter early into the fight which tells us that it doesn't start with it which brings us back to square one.
Though that is through Attack Potency and not hax which just brings us back to square one with Oltura having better hax while Fatalis being stronger.
I really should make the profiles for the Stories 1 and 2 Riders and revise The Hunter, they'll be the god tiers of the verse given everything they have and can do so that'll be fun once I finish that.

The Rage Rays mind hax didn't even work on Nergigante considering it's still going after Oltura, albeit failing miserably like the spiky imbecile it is.
Oh neat, thats a resistance for Negigante then considering he didn't have the bonds of kinship to protect him. Thanks for pointing that out.
How are the Monsties specifically granted resistance against the Deconstruction? It certainly ain't the Kinship Stone since the first game established that it was made as a counter to the Black Blight, which is heavily implied to be Fatalis' work.

I doubt a plain low-tier Elder Dragon or even a Pukei-Pukei has better resistance against White Fatalis.
That's an unfortunate fact about fiction, there are so many instances where a character is unaffected by an ability for no reason. The more haxxed the verse the more commonly you'll see it.

It can actually, like I mentioned before being stronger or having a title doesn't mean ya have a better resistance (especially since Fatalis has no feat of resisting deconstruction). Its a long topic that I'm honestly too lazy to explain in its entirety but go research or ask around about upscaling resistances and such. Dragon Ball was hit pretty hard by this (e.g only Vegito has that kinda resistance to Buu's transmutation as he is the only one who has shown to be able to do it).

Aight I'm back, watched multiple fights with that White Fatalis and it never uses the attack that leaves no remains of the Hunter early into the fight which tells us that it doesn't start with it which brings us back to square one.
Though that is through Attack Potency and not hax which just brings us back to square one with Oltura having better hax while Fatalis being stronger.
I really should make the profiles for the Stories 1 and 2 Riders and revise The Hunter, they'll be the god tiers of the verse given everything they have and can do so that'll be fun once I finish that.

Oh neat, thats a resistance for Negigante then considering he didn't have the bonds of kinship to protect him. Thanks for pointing that out.

That's an unfortunate fact about fiction, there are so many instances where a character is unaffected by an ability for no reason. The more haxxed the verse the more commonly you'll see it.

It can actually, like I mentioned before being stronger or having a title doesn't mean ya have a better resistance (especially since Fatalis has no feat of resisting deconstruction). Its a long topic that I'm honestly too lazy to explain in its entirety but go research or ask around about upscaling resistances and such. Dragon Ball was hit pretty hard by this (e.g only Vegito has that kinda resistance to Buu's transmutation as he is the only one who has shown to be able to do it).
Yeah, that's a thing that happens all the time.

Here is an idea actually, why not list what should be added to profiles so that we can have idea of what to add when making a CRT. Here I'll make a start.

The Hunter:
Immortality Negation (Type 2, 3 and 6) and Regeneration Negation (Up to High-Mid) (Able to kill permanently kill Fatalis and Dire Miralis)

Fatalis:
Immortality (Type 6) (Able to possess Hunters who kill it and wears its armour which allows for it to form a new body)
Most things from both Stories games (I'll list them when I have time)

I'll add to the list:

The Hunter; Body Puppetry and Thread Manipulation via Wirebugs/Silkbinds from MH Rise.

Ukanlos; Large Size, Weather Manipulation and other minor additions.

Diablos and Monoblos; Underground Mobility.

Every flying monster: Flight.

Every Elder Dragon: Longevity.

Every monster in general: Natural Weaponry.

I really feel like we should split the different Hunter Generations up from each other because some of them definitely don't have the same equipment as each other.

An idea of how to do this would be to divide the Hunters into "fleet" hunters. Like for example Fifth Fleet Hunter would be World and Iceborne, Fourth Fleet hunter would be MH4 and all its variants and so on.
As for the Generations Hunter and the Rise Hunter, those could be their own profiles or added onto their respective gen hunter as another key or optional equipment

Why we still doesn't have MHR Monsters profile? (Like where is my boi Magnamalo?)
You could make the profile yourself and have @Mr._Bambu evaluate it before posting it officially. It took me multiple hours just to make sandboxes here on the external forum but since I'm on mobile it's next to impossible for me to make profiles/blogs on the main forum.

Also lack of active supporters means the verse doesn't get updated as often as more popular verses.

You could make the profile yourself and have @Mr._Bambu evaluate it before posting it officially. It took me multiple hours just to make sandboxes here on the external forum but since I'm on mobile it's next to impossible for me to make profiles/blogs on the main forum.

Also lack of active supporters means the verse doesn't get updated as often as more popular verses.
Can't, didn't have that good skill making profile and i'm in mobile in anytime as well

I'm an active supporter I just don't want to make profiles for it

Back