• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter General Discussion Thread.

Can we Calc Velkhana freezing the Ancient Forest? That might get a decent result. Plus, didn't Velkhana knockout a Post-Xeno'jiiva Hunter early on in the DLC?

Magnamalo​

latest

Its face exudes a fearsome malice, and its hide is as tough as armor, as if it were the physical manifestation of the grudges of fallen warriors. The purple gas that rises from its body when it eats other monsters is called "Hellfire," and it makes Magnamalo's already ferocious attacks even more destructive. MH Rise description

Summary​

Magnamalo is a Fanged Wyvern, first introduced in Monster Hunter Rise. Magnamalo are highly aggressive and violent wyverns whose appearance takes inspiration from both Onis and Tigers. With a heavily armoured carapace, a foul yet cunning temperament and control over the mysterious hellfire. Magnamalo is a predator most other monsters prefer to avoid.

It's was initially believed that Magnamalo was the cause of a Rampage of monsters that almost destroyed Kamura village 50 years ago however (in traditional Monster Hunter fashion) further investigations of the on-going rampage showed Magnamalo wasn't the cause of the Rampages and was instead just looking for a free meal...

Powers and Stats​

Name: Magnamalo

Origin: Monster Hunter

Tier: 6-C

Keys:
N/A

Classification: Fanged Wyvern, Wyvern of Malice, Tiger Malice Wyvern, Barbarous Beast.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Natural Weaponry (Claws, Teeth and Tail), Body Control (Has an extendable tail and can protrude a series of hidden blades on its back when provoked), Arcobatics (Can propel itself across the ground and air using hellfire blasts), Large Size (Type 1), Statistics Amplification/Rage Power (Grows stronger, faster, and more durable when enraged), Status Effect Inducement (Can inflict Hellfireblight and Stun), Sound Manipulation, Hellfire Manipulation (It's unique flames are powered the burning remains of countless devoured monsters), Explosion Manipulation, Smoke Manipulation (Can emit a gaseous vapour from it's mouth), Limited-Light Manipulation (It's hellfire glows with an otherworldly light), Aura (Can cloak itself in hellfire) and Absorption (Grows stronger the more it consumes, eating prey also empowers it's hellfire).

Resistance to Disease Manipulation and Fire Manipulation.

Attack Potency: Island level (Can fight Elder Dragons like Teostra and match Elder Dragon level monsters like Bazelgeuse).

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Can keep up with Teostra and thus should also be comparable to Kirin).

Lifting Strength: At least Class 100, Likely far higher (Far stronger than low tier monsters like Tetsucabra).

Striking Strength: Island level (Can harm Teostra and trade blows with Bazelgeuse).

Durability: Island level (Can survive blows from Elder Dragons and withstand explosions from Bazelgeuse).

Stamina: High. Able to fight for days and is stated to be incredibly persistent.

Range: Extended Melee range normally, Dozens of meters with abilities.

Standard Equipment: None Notable.

Intelligence: Above Average (Stated to a cunning monster).

Weaknesses: Water and Electricity.

Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Last edited:

Magnamalo​

latest

Summary​

Magnamalo is a Fanged Wyvern, first introduced in Monster Hunter Rise. Magnamalo are highly aggressive and violent wyverns whose appearance takes inspiration from both Onis and Tigers. With a heavily armoured carapace, a foul yet cunning temperament and control over the mysterious hellfire. Magnamalo is a predator most other monsters prefer to avoid.

It's was initially believed that Magnamalo was the cause of a Rampage of monsters that almost destroyed Kamura village 50 years ago however (in traditional Monster Hunter fashion) further investigations of the on-going rampage showed Magnamalo wasn't the cause of the Rampages and was instead just looking for a free meal...

Powers and Stats​

Name: Magnamalo

Keys:
N/A

Classification: Fanged Wyvern, Wyvern of Malice, Tiger Malice Wyvern, Barbarous Beast.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Natural Weaponry (Claws, Teeth and Tail), Body Control (Has an extendable tail and can protrude a series of hidden blades on its back when provoked), Arcobatics (Can propel itself across the ground and air using hellfire blasts), Large Size (Type 1), Statistics Amplification/Rage Power (Grows stronger faster, stronger and more durable when enraged), Status Effect Inducement (Can inflict Hellfireblight and Stun), Sound Manipulation, Hellfire Manipulation (It's unique flames are powered the burning remains of countless devoured monsters), Explosion Manipulation, Smoke Manipulation (Can emit a gaseous vapour from it's mouth), Limited-Light Manipulation (It's hellfire glows with an otherworldly light), Aura (Can cloak itself in hellfire) and Absorption (Grows stronger the more it consumes, eating prey also empowers it's hellfire).

Resistance to Disease Manipulation and Fire Manipulation.

Attack Potency: Island level (Can fight Elder Dragons like Teostra and match Elder Dragon level monsters like Bazelgeuse).

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Can keep up with Teostra and thus should also be comparable to Kirin).

Lifting Strength: At least Class 100, Likely far higher (Far stronger than low tier monsters like Tetsucabra).

Striking Strength: Island level (Can harm Teostra and trade blows with Bazelgeuse).

Durability: Island level (Can survive blows from Elder Dragons and withstand explosions from Bazelgeuse).

Stamina: High. Able to fight for days and is stated to be incredibly persistent.

Range: Extended Melee range normally, Dozens of meters with abilities.

Standard Equipment: None Notable.

Intelligence: Above Average (Stated to a cunning monster).

Weaknesses: Water and Electricity.

Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:
You put stronger twice in it's Rage Power.

Can we Calc Velkhana freezing the Ancient Forest? That might get a decent result. Plus, didn't Velkhana knockout a Post-Xeno'jiiva Hunter early on in the DLC?
Yup I already time marked it above when Velkhana got back up also there's this feat from Shara (I think it can be calced too?).
You put stronger twice in it's Rage Power.
Oof... I'll fix that I did say it was rough lol!.

Yup I already time marked it above when Velkhana got back up also there's this feat from Shara (I think it can be calced too?).

Oof... I'll fix that I did say it was rough lol!.
I mean it can, but I doubt it's getting any higher than what he already scales to since we're scaling him above Xeno'jiiva for surviving a beatdown by a Post-Xeno'jiiva Hunter.

Here goes one more...

Shara Ishvalda​

latest

A mysterious elder dragon able to manipulate the earth itself. Vibrations from its wingtips reshape the earth, denying hunters footing. MHWI Description.

Shara Ishvalda servers as the final boss monster in the expansion of Monster Hunter World's story (Iceborne).

Rumours about it can be traced back several decades into the past, before even the New World was discovered and it was simply known as the Old Everwyrm.

After a mysterious song echoes across the New World, all manor of unnatural occurrences being to take place including the sudden migration of Legiana and the appearance of the fearsome Velkhana (which was initially believed to be the cause of the New World going out of balance) however after further investigation the Old Everwyrm was concluded to be the culprit behind the ecological disturbances (including the collapse of a mountain).

After seemly slaying a Ruiner Nergigante, The Hunter comes face to face with what seemly looks like a giant rock with hands however after chipping away at it's armour The Hunter will eventually see the true from of Old Everwyrm, Shara Ishvalda the Avatar of Earth (to the delight of a hungry and not so dead Ruiner Nergigante). It still remains a mystery on just what was the connection between Shara Ishvalda and the Everstream.

Powers and Stats​

Name: Shara Ishvalda

Tier: At least High 6-A

Key:
N/A

Classification: Elder Dragon, The Avatar of Earth, Old Everwyrm, Earth Dragon.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Natural Weaponry (Claws, Teeth and Wings), Body Control, Large Size (Type 1), Longevity, Underground Mobility, Statistics Amplification/Rage Power (Grows stronger, faster and more durable when enraged moreover can cover itself in rock armour), Status Effect Inducement (Can inflict Stun) Sound Manipulation (Via roaring), Earth Manipulation (Can summon rock formations from the ground, cause earthquakes and manipulate sand), Vibration Manipulation (Can project powerful vibrations from it's wing-tips), Explosion Manipulation (Can channel it's vibrations into a large sphere that explodes upon contact), Limited-Adhesive Manipulation (Secretes a sticky fluid that causes rock and dirt to stick to its body creating it's rock armour), Energy Projection, Limited-Breaking the Fourth Wall (Stares directly at the player camera when sufficiently provoked in it's sheded state), Absorption and (upon death) Biological Manipulation.

Resistance to Disease Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation (Cannot be put to sleep by The Hunter's weapons or tools).

Attack Potency: At least Multi-Continental level (Was stated to be meddling with the Everstream which is capable of this and is comparable to Xeno'Jiiva).

Speed: At least Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be comparable if not superior to minor Elders like Kirin), FTL+ Reaction/Combat speed (Is comparable to Xeno'Jiiva and can keep up with an endgame Hunter).

Lifting Strength: Likely Class K (Comparable to both Xeno'jiiva and Dalamadur).

Striking Strength: At least Multi-Countinental level (Capable of harming an endgame Hunter and is stated to have the power to destroy ecosystems at their root).

Durability: At least Multi-Countinental level (Initially survived a beating from an endgame Hunter and should be more durable than Zorah Magdaros).

Stamina: Endless (Like most Elder Dragons).

Range: Extended Melee Range Normally, up to thousands of kilometres with abilities (Burrowed a massive tunnel across the New World into the Hinterlands and eventually stopping at Origin Isle).

Standard Equipment: None Notable

Intelligence: High (Has a weakness to the Dragon Element and should be comparable to other Elder Dragons. Was intelligent enough to identify both The Hunter and Ruiner Nergigante as threats).

Weaknesses: Dragon, Ice and Water.

Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Last edited:
And that's all the mock profiles, I planned to make (I will probably make one more just for Namielle in a few days but after that I'll be taking a break making them for awhile).

Until then, happy hunting!

Hmm, what would we rate Safi?
Probably similar to Oltura ig, At Least High 6-A Likely 5-A.

The Admiral said it would destroy the world should it multiply while the Field Team leader believed a battle between Safi and Alatreon would destroy everything (iirc he also didn't know who would win between the two).

Bruh... I'm supposed to be sleeping.

Last one...

Namielle​

latest

An elder dragon coated in water and able to freely control lightning. A unique organ allows it to pump electricity into the pools of water it creates, causing massive bursts of steam. MHWI description.
Following the defeat of Velkhana, the ecological disturbances plaguing the New World did not stop leading to the appearance of even more powerful monsters such as the Namielle an Elder Dragon that threatens to flood the Coral Highlands.

Physically Namielle resembles an amalgamation of various marine creatures such as jellyfish, manta-rays, vampire squid, etc and all seamlessly blended onto the traditional draconic frame.

Despite being forced out by the ecological disturbances (later discovered to be caused by the Old Everwyrm) like most Elder Dragons in the New World Namielle is passive to those that would approached it, only attacking when provoked (using a stunning combination of water and electricity to repel attackers).

Further investigation would later lead to the discovery of Namielle being a close relative to Chameleos.

Powers and Stats​

Name: Namielle

Key:
N/A

Classification: Elder Dragon, Abyssal Dragon, True Elder Dragon.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Natural Weaponry (Teeth and Wings), Body Control, Large Size (Type 1), Longevity, Flight, Statistics Amplification/Rage Power (Grows stronger, faster and more durable when enraged moreover can enter a charged state), Status Effect Inducement (Can inflict Waterblight, Thunderlight and Stun) Sound Manipulation (Via roaring), Elemental Manipulation (Can generate as well as manipulate water, discharge electricity and combine both elements), Weather Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation (Can cause a massive explosion of water and electricity), Limited-Light Manipulation (Can emit bioluminescent light from all over it's body), Breath Attack (Can breath streams of water out it's mouth), Absorption and (upon death) Biological Manipulation.

Resistance to Disease Manipulation and Elemental Manipulation (Of the Water and Electricity varieties).

Attack Potency: Island level (Is comparable to other Elder Dragons such as Velkhana and Chameleos. Was going to flood the Coral Highlands).

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be comparable to Kirin due to sharing the same ecosystem).

Lifting Strength: At least Class 100, likely far higher (As an Elder Dragon it should be far above the likes of Tetsucabra).

Striking Strength: Island level (Is comparable to Velkhana and is capable of harming the likes of Savage Deviljho with it's attacks).

Durability: lsland level (Can survive hits from Savage Deviljho and should be as durable as other Elder Dragons).

Stamina: Endless (Like most Elder Dragons).

Range: Extended Melee range normally, up to Hundred of meters likely Kilometres with abilities (Believed to be capable of flooding the Coral Highlands).

Standard Equipment: None Notable

Intelligence: High (Has a weakness to the Dragon Element and should be comparable to other Elder Dragons).

Weaknesses: Dragon and Fire

Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

And that's all she wrote. I hope my mock profiles will eventually become fully fledged ones someday but until then that's enough for now.

I really need to go back and finish Iceborne. Friend group kinda stopped playing for the most part so I never finished it.

I really need to go back and finish Iceborne. Friend group kinda stopped playing for the most part so I never finished it.
Monster Hunter is currently quiet now in the community. Iceborne's player base has increased a little while folks are waiting for MH Rise updates but overall there's plenty of inactivity.

Aye. It's one of two games I desperately want to clear out of my backlog (the other being Nioh 2) that I can rarely convince myself to actually begin playing lol.

Aye. It's one of two games I desperately want to clear out of my backlog (the other being Nioh 2) that I can rarely convince myself to actually begin playing lol.
That's the caveat you need to play games for "fun", if you have to force yourself to play games then it just becomes a chore moreover it becomes harder to convince yourself to pick them up again (speaking from personal experience myself).

That's the caveat you need to play games for "fun", if you have to force yourself to play games then it just becomes a chore moreover it becomes harder to convince yourself to pick them up again (speaking from personal experience myself).
That's how I felt playing Skyrim and Fallout 4 before I could play with Mods on the PS4 and Xbox One.

I mean hax non-withstanding many profiles are just dated without basic abilities.

One of my favourite monsters doesn't even flight or natural weaponry on their profile (Despite being a flying monster that attacks with it's beak and poison spiked-club tail).

The verse really needs a major update but I don't know how to go about it without it overwhelming me hence why I keep falling off the cart...

Imma also suggest some updates and a few things:

Fatalis - Keeps its tier but with several moves added that are missing from its profile.

Add in "Existence Erasure" to White's abilities thanks to its ultimate in Frontier.

Additions to Black Fatalis' moveset:
  • floor explosions
  • charge
  • pin attack
  • airborne flamethrower
  • cone flamethrower
  • Schrade's Demise ultimate attack
  • Phase 3 blue flames

Additions to White Fatalis' moveset:
  • airborne laser
  • jumping laser
  • severe knockback roar
  • stomp that knocks the player to the floor
  • electric tailswipe
  • upgraded version of the lightning storm
  • Existence Erasure ultimate

Safi'jiiva - Needs to exist, though I doubt it reaches 5-A since there are no statements about it being capable of destroying the world, as opposed to Alatreon and Fatalis whose quest descriptions explicitly treat them as a danger to the world itself.

Oltura - Yeah, also needs to be downgraded after it was revealed that it's not even after world destruction; It just wants to exist and Zellard's cult misinterpreted its desire.

Namielle - Needs a profile. Should be on equal tier with the other Elder Dragons of its caliber.

Ibushi and Narwa - Need profiles. Should be on equal caliber with the likes of Safi'jiiva.

Last edited:
sources for everything

sources for everything
Iceborne Fatalis' updated moveset is here:

Schrade's Demise:

White Fatalis' attacks and Existence Erasure feat is here:

The latter is at 6:47.

Source for Alatreon and Fatalis being labeled as threats to the world:

Not much is known of Alatreon, other than the destruction it's capable of threatens all of humanity. But this is a chance for the commission to write history, no?

It is time for us to confront Fatalis. We, along with every nation and organization known, shall rid this world of this fabled scourge. When you're ready, we'll set sail.
Oltura's supposed world ending desire is revealed to be Zellard's delusions:

2:24:50
Now open your ears and listen! That which you hear... it's not the voice of that monster! It's not telling tales of a new world to come! All it wants is to live! It's the first cry of a newborn! The one who wants a new world... it's not the monster! It's you!

That's about it for now. I'll add in others once I'm back from work.

Last edited:
Continuation from above.

Thunder Serpent Narwa and her Allmother form have their own ultimate attack.

Narwa: Can I copy your homework?
Safi'jiiva: Yeah, just change it up a bit so it doesn't look like you copied.
Narwa:

I have no idea where Base Ibushi and Narwa belong on the tiering, all I know is that Allmother Narwa shares the same tier as Safi'jiiva thanks to the volume of her lasers.

Continuation from above.

Thunder Serpent Narwa and her Allmother form have their own ultimate attack.

Narwa: Can I copy your homework?
Safi'jiiva: Yeah, just change it up a bit so it doesn't look like you copied.
Narwa:

I have no idea where Base Ibushi and Narwa belong on the tiering, all I know is that Allmother Narwa shares the same tier as Safi'jiiva thanks to the volume of her lasers.

The serpents will be the default 6-C tier via scaling to Kushala Daora's snowstorm feat from MHDos and MH4, Ceadeus' lore of sinking an island (as well as very casually shaking Moga Island as a supporting feat), Hellblade Glavenus' lore of being able to vaporize a mountain in a single strike and various ecosystem destroying/altering statements associated with EDs.

Also Kirin has a supporting 7-A feat for passively causing a thunderstorm in the Coral Highlands in MHW.

As for Safi he'll be higher into High 6-A due being superior to his juvenile state which upscales from Zorah blowing up the New World (Xeno would've likely survived it and has superior bio-energy to Zorah), Dalamadur being stated in lore to be able to cause tectonic movement (Xeno has absorbed the bio-energy of two) and ofc theres Shara Ishvalda too who was meddling with Everstream as well as burrowed a massive tunnel around the new world, into the Hinterlands and eventually into Origin Isle (Safi should be comparable if not superior to Shara).

As for the All-mother do we have any feats/lore that puts her on Zorah or Dalamadurs level? (Let alone the jiiva's). Cause at best she'll be At least 6-C, we don't give monsters tiers based on sharing similar attacks (that's just game mechanics).

Last edited:
Can I get a source for Fatalis' attack being EE, other than the fact that it blinds us and we're destroyed when we look back?

Can I get a source for Fatalis' attack being EE, other than the fact that it blinds us and we're destroyed when we look back?
It leaves no trace of the Hunter, just a few sparks on where they once stood as if putting the final nail in the coffin. Every other instakill in the series leaves a body (except Zenith Khezu but only because it eats the player).

Last edited:
This does not mean they were erased from existence.

This does not mean they were erased from existence.

Existence Erasure is the simple power to remove something from existence, leaving nothing behind, a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind.
Which is exactly what happened in the video. The laser didn't leave any trace of the Hunter, not even dust, which is what the site itself constitutes as Existence Erasure.

The naked eye is quite literally incapable of picking up on certain things. Not only that, we have a plethora of abilities that also cause the target to disappear. Taking the most powerful one is not honest.

The naked eye is quite literally incapable of picking up on certain things. Not only that, we have a plethora of abilities that also cause the target to disappear. Taking the most powerful one is not honest.
Please explain how it isn't existence erasure? Not mad, just curious. I went by the site's exact definition.

The laser connected, the death animation played for a moment then the Hunter was gone.

If you look closely, the Hunter disappears moments before the flash hits.

If this still isn't enough though, how would this be classified as? Again, not mad. Just curious.

I don't need to prove it isn't. You need to prove it is over, say, vaporization, BFR, spatial manipulation, or the variety of other abilities that can cause someone to just disappear. If you can't find any special ability, then it isn't one- it just damages enough to destroy them.

Back