• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter General Discussion Thread.

I actually replayed the game awhile back (after dropping Iceborne and hearing about MHSt 2), the blackblight was quickly spreading the across the entire landscape as well as the skies darkening and possibly affecting the entire world plus the typical world of darkness JRPG schick.

Now that I've had time to refresh my memories plus the new scaling for EDs/ED level monsters, I believe Maliki Pietru would likely be at least 6-C higher with environmental destruction (scaling above Kirin and a blighted Deviljho that the Rider fought prior in the story).

Thoughts?
Seems good but also with the inclusion of stories we can get extra hax through genes and monstie moves

That is interesting how a newly born monster could briefly hold it's own against a blighted adult monster but Ratha might be an unique case.

Speaking of genes/monsties a friend of mine joked about how MHSt is the closest Capcom will ever come to acknowledging the EDW concept in a game, since Riders are essentially creating mini chimeras.

That is interesting how a newly born monster could briefly hold it's own against a blighted adult monster but Ratha might be an unique case.

Speaking of genes/monsties a friend of mine joked about how MHSt is the closest Capcom will ever come to acknowledging the EDW concept in a game, since Riders are essentially creating mini chimeras.
True, also it resisted the blight for a long ass time also prophecy stuff which does make it seem like ratha is a unique case also a navi profile would be cool

EDW?

An old piece of MH concept art which talks about how the Ancient Civilization (not Schrade) committed the forbidden act of playing god and creating a chimera that was a mix of monster and machinery (that required killing several wyverns/EDs to make) known as the Equal Dragon Weapon, this lead to the great dragon war and Fatalis gaining it's resentment for humanity to the point of wiping out the Ancient Civilization and returning the world to a more primitive state.

Ofc at best it's very dubious if you can even call the EDW canon since it's a piece of concept art from an old guidebook that has never been expanded upon plus Fatalis' deep connection with Schrade.

Huh, I forgot about this thread....

Still waiting on a Zinogre Profile and an Ebony Odogaron Key.

and this seems like ratha got reborn and navi is back pog
Edit: nvm it seems like something new unless the black wings are based of the blight ratha had

So, been a bit but I took a bit ol' look at the final boss of Stories 2 and the thing is decently haxxed out.

Not insanely haxxed but a lot of potent haxes such as absorption, mind hax, passive deconstruction, reactive evolution, some regen and immortalities and more. You can also potentially scale it to Fatalis due to the fact that it is stated by both characters and narration that it would have destroyed the world (which in the game's case is kill everything and let nature start anew). Fatalis is present on the exact same Island that the final boss is on which would mean that it would have to include Fatalis in order to achieve what was described

Not insanely haxxed but a lot of potent haxes such as absorption, mind hax, passive deconstruction, reactive evolution, some regen and immortalities and more. You can also potentially scale it to Fatalis due to the fact that it is stated by both characters and narration that it would have destroyed the world (which in the game's case is kill everything and let nature start anew). Fatalis is present on the exact same Island that the final boss is on which would mean that it would have to include Fatalis in order to achieve what was described
Hmmm....

Alrighty, finished that revision I wanted to do (though I have more in the future), I can finally get around to making that Oltura profile

Alrighty, finished that revision I wanted to do (though I have more in the future), I can finally get around to making that Oltura profile
Speaking of which I was inspired by you to make my own mock profiles starting with Velkhana.

I will make a couple more for Shara Ishvalda and Magnamalo either later on this week or the next.

Doing this kinda things on mobile still isn't fun.

Good to hear! Though I don't have permission to see the mock profile its still good to have one for Velkana

Here goes nothing...

VELKHANA
latest

An elder dragon said to freeze all in its path. According to legend, it can control the cold, and use its freezing breath to conjure massive spires of ice out of nowhere. MHWI DESCRIPTION

Velkhana was the flagship Elder Dragon introduced in Monster Hunter World's expansion Iceborne. First appearing in the New World, like most Elders Dragons in the New World they are normally calm, even when hunters apporach and it's even believed that it will look down upon them with a certain degree of smugness. Regardless when provoked, it will become aggressive.

It's was initially believed that Velkhana was the mysterious Old Everwyrm as well as the cause of the sudden migration of Legiana to the Hinterlands until further investigations proven otherwise...

Powers and Stats​

Name: Velkhana

Origin: Monster Hunter

Tier: 6-C

Key:
N/A

Classification: Elder Dragon, The Iceborne Wyvern, True Elder Dragon, Ice Dragon.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Natural Weaponry (Claws, Teeth and Tail), Large Size (Type 1), Longevity, Flight, Statistics Amplification/Rage Power (Grows stronger, faster and more durable when enraged moreover can cover itself in ice armour), Statistics Reduction (Can inhibit a Hunter's movement speed with Frostbite), Status Effect Inducement (Can inflict Stun, Iceblight and Frostbite), Sound Manipulation (Via roaring), Elemental Manipulation (Can summon cold winds, cause areas to be covered in ice instantly and can breath super cool fluid out of its mouth), Explosion Manipulation (Can cause it's ice to explode), Weather Manipulation, Temperature Manipulation (Can reduce the temperature of ecosystems and control the cold itself), Limited-Smoke Manipulation (Can create patches of icy mist and small clouds), Absorption, Absolute Zero, Regeneration (Mid-Low, regenerated after being stabbed in the chest by the Dragonrazer), Breath Attack and (upon death) Biological Manipulation.

Resistance to Disease Manipulation, Ice Manipulation and Temperature Manipulation (Can withstand extreme temperatures as well as Lunastra's heat aura).

Attack Potency: Island level (Should be roughly equal to Kushala Daora who dispersed a snowstorm. Was stated that Velkhana was going to freeze the entire Anicent Rainforest).

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be comparable to Minor Elders like Kirin).

Lifting Strength: At least Class 100, likely far higher (As an Elder Dragon, it should be far above the likes of Tetsucabra).

Striking Strength: Island Class (Capable of harming Rajang and Lunastra with it's attacks).

Durability: Island level (Should be as durable as other Elders such as Kirin and Kushala Daora is also able to take hits from Savage Deviljho).

Stamina: Endless (Like most Elder Dragons).

Range: Extended Melee Range Normally, up to Hundreds of Meters with Abilities.

Standard Equipment: None Notable

Intelligence: High (Has a weakness to the Dragon Element and should be comparable to other Elder Dragons).

Weaknesses: Dragon, Fire and Electricity.

Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

Just to jog my memory; I rewatched the cutscene on my console and that Anjanath definitely was frozen to death in MHWI by Velkhana also I re-fought Velkhana in MHSt 2 (not the Elders Lair one) and it had an attack called "Absolute Zero" however I can't find any scans online for some reason (or I'm just looking in all the wrong places).

I'll be back later, hopefully I can find some scans by then.

I found this movie to very helpful

Skip to 1:21:05/here to see Anjanath frozen to death also there were some interesting statements in this cutscene (such as the commander believing Velk could freeze the New World).

I'll try to add more time stamps later, I just need to fine a comprehensive MHSt 2 playthrough now.

*At 1:02:10/here we see Velk freeze a Wingdrake instantly killing it.

*At 1:37:50/here onwards we see Velkhana get incapacitated only to get back up even stronger.

Last edited:

Magnamalo​

latest

Its face exudes a fearsome malice, and its hide is as tough as armor, as if it were the physical manifestation of the grudges of fallen warriors. The purple gas that rises from its body when it eats other monsters is called "Hellfire," and it makes Magnamalo's already ferocious attacks even more destructive. MH Rise description

Summary​

Magnamalo is a Fanged Wyvern, first introduced in Monster Hunter Rise. Magnamalo are highly aggressive and violent wyverns whose appearance takes inspiration from both Onis and Tigers. With a heavily armoured carapace, a foul yet cunning temperament and control over the mysterious hellfire. Magnamalo is a predator most other monsters prefer to avoid.

It's was initially believed that Magnamalo was the cause of a Rampage of monsters that almost destroyed Kamura village 50 years ago however (in traditional Monster Hunter fashion) further investigations of the on-going rampage showed Magnamalo wasn't the cause of the Rampages and was instead just looking for a free meal...

Powers and Stats​

Name: Magnamalo

Origin: Monster Hunter

Tier: At least High 8-C, possibly 6-C

Keys:
N/A

Classification: Fanged Wyvern, Wyvern of Malice, Tiger Malice Wyvern, Barbarous Beast.

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Natural Weaponry (Claws, Teeth and Tail), Body Control (Has an extendable tail and can protrude a series of hidden blades on its back when provoked), Arcobatics (Can propel itself across the ground and air using hellfire blasts), Large Size (Type 1), Statistics Amplification/Rage Power (Grows stronger faster, stronger and more durable when enraged), Status Effect Inducement (Can inflict Hellfireblight and Stun), Sound Manipulation, Hellfire Manipulation (It's unique flames are powered the burning remains of countless devoured monsters), Explosion Manipulation, Smoke Manipulation (Can emit a gaseous vapour from it's mouth), Limited-Light Manipulation (It's hellfire glows with an otherworldly light), Aura (Can cloak itself in hellfire) and Absorption (Grows stronger the more it consumes, eating prey also empowers it's hellfire).

Resistance to Disease Manipulation and Fire Manipulation.

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level (Easily stomped Rathalos and killed Tobi-Kadachi), possibly Island level (Can fight Elder Dragons like Teostra and Elder Dragon level monsters like Bazelgeuse however it might be an outlier due Magnamalo being slain by a low rank Hunter as well as game mechanics caused by reused animations).

Speed: At least Supersonic (Can keep up and even outpace Rathalos).

Lifting Strength: At least Class 100 (Can physically overpower Rathalos).

Striking Strength: At least Large Building Class (One shot Tobi-Kadachi and can harm Rathalos as well as Barioth).

Durability: At least Large Building level (Should be more durable than Rathalos and Barioth).

Stamina: High. Able to fight for days and is stated to be incredibly persistent.

Range: Extended Melee range normally, Dozens of meters with abilities.

Standard Equipment: None Notable.

Intelligence: Above Average (Started be a cunning monster).

Weaknesses: Water and Electricity.

Notable Victories:

Notable Losses:

Inconclusive Matches:

I will work on Shara's next week.

Using low rank as an argument for High 8-C Magnamalo isn't very valid, especially since iirc GU had Elder Dragons in Low rank

Using low rank as an argument for High 8-C Magnamalo isn't very valid, especially since iirc GU had Elder Dragons in Low rank
Should I just make him full on ED tier then?. I intentionally low ball characters so I can reasonable build them up (I only used High 8-C as the baseline).

Considering he can take on Bazel and compete with Elders (even if it tires him extremely) and stomps monsters such as Rathalos he probably should be

Back