• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter General Discussion Thread.

Something I feel I should mention (even if I doubt I'd start working on it anytime soon whatsoever)

The Hunter should be multiple pages, one for each game

Right now it's a bit of a mad jumble of multiple people killing a completely different arrangement of monsters (not to mention different gear, from things as relatively small as the clutch claw or wirebugs to as major to entire sets of armor or abilities that result from putting it on)

Again, even if I decided to get started soon, I'd only probably make one for "The Fiver/hunter of the fifth fleet" and ... Whatever you'd call 4U's hunter, I know he has specific titles but I'm blanking on them

And while I'm at it (if I get at it), might as well make other character pages like for the huntsman or Aiden just for the heck of it

Granted if someone else decides to do all that I'd be fine, but if even a single one of you steals making the Admiral's page from me I would probably turn into a Crimson Fatalis on the spot
Yeah there were talks about doin' that. I believe Kieran brought it up before and that'd be interesting to do but would be a bit tough to do since some generations have multiple hunters which just makes things harder. If I were to make a guess, the GU Hunter would probably be the strongest (unless someone makes a Frontier profile which good luck given its impossible to play rn) given it has access to 93 monsters to choose from.
Granted if someone else decides to do all that I'd be fine, but if even a single one of you steals making the Admiral's page from me I would probably turn into a Crimson Fatalis on the spot
images

Yeah there were talks about doin' that. I believe Kieran brought it up before and that'd be interesting to do but would be a bit tough to do since some generations have multiple hunters which just makes things harder. If I were to make a guess, the GU Hunter would probably be the strongest (unless someone makes a Frontier profile which good luck given its impossible to play rn) given it has access to 93 monsters to choose from.
Yeah, just playing one monster hunter game to completion is a big timesink (unless you wanted to really go ham and purely look through wikis to see which abilities which games have from which armor and what's fought where, all just to make a page)

Also: Kindred Hunter, that's what the 4U guy gets called on plenty of occasions (alternatively "Doodle" but I feel the caravanner's title takes priority)

Aight so naming each Hunter, the Rise hunter is called "CharacterName The Fierce" but we could just call them the Kamuran Hunter. World/Iceborne's Hunter could be called the Sapphire Star as that's their title. The Tri/3U Hunter could be called The Hero of Moga Village given as its the easiest thing to use for them.

Aight so naming each Hunter, the Rise hunter is called "CharacterName The Fierce" but we could just call them the Kamuran Hunter. World/Iceborne's Hunter could be called the Sapphire Star as that's their title. The Tri/3U Hunter could be called The Hero of Moga Village given as its the easiest thing to use for them.
The Sapphire Star gets a lot of busted ass gear from the Mantles and the Clutch Claw but the 4U Hunter is just built different considering they can defeat White Fatalis. They also have a set of Samus' Power Armor but we don"t talk about that.

The Sapphire Star gets a lot of busted ass gear from the Mantles and the Clutch Claw but the 4U Hunter is just built different considering they can defeat White Fatalis. They also have a set of Samus' Power Armor but we don"t talk about that.
From what I understand the generational hunters would be like this:

*MHFZ Hunter (Has defeated several DFCMs/Black Dragons plus a bunch of civilisation ending threats) >>>>> ?GU Hunter? (Has defeated four DFCMs/BDs but due to being from a celebration game it's unknown if scaling is viable) > MHW/IB Hunter (Has defeated three DFCM/BDs and is possibly above the 4U hunter thanks to Zorah and crossover monster scaling) => 4U Hunter (Has defeated three DFCMs/BDs plus both versions of Dalamadur which means they're debatably equal to the Sapphire Star) => MHFU Hunter (Has defeated three DFCMs/BDs but as well as Yama Tsukami and both versions of Lao, is debately equal to the Sapphire Star and Doodle) > 3U Hunter (Has defeated two DFCMs/BDs plus both versions of Ceadeus) = MHO Hunter (Has defeated two DFCMs/BDs I think? plus a bunch of powerful monsters) > MHSt 2 Rider (Has defeated one DFCM/BD and Oltura, is possibly above Lute due to Oltura being potentially superior to the Pietrus) => MHSt 1 Rider (Has defeated one DFCM/BD and the Pietrus, is possibly equal to they successor rider) > MH1 Hunter (Defeated one DFCM/BD and is pretty self-explanatory) > MHRS Hunter (Currently hasn't defeated a single DFCM/BD... yet?).

I don't know about the gacha MH games tho (Explore and Riders).

MHW/IB Hunter (Has defeated three DFCM/BDs and is possibly above the 4U hunter thanks to Zorah and crossover monster scaling) => 4U Hunter (Has defeated three DFCMs/BDs plus both versions of Dalamadur which means they're debatably equal to the Sapphire Star)
4U Hunter (and FU?) defeats White Fatalis, so I'd probably put it above any game without WF.

Last edited:
I like "The Fierce" a bit more than "The Kamuran Hunter", they do call you exactly that a couple times in Sunbreak.

4U Hunter defeats White Fatalis, if we take absolutely every quest in-game to be canon, so I'd probably put it above any game without WF.
Hmmm... that's true (I believe the MHFU hunter also bests WF too). Makes me wonder if we'll get a monster that can at least rival the ancestral dragon (outside Disufiroa ofc).

MHFZ (Defeated White Fatalis and Shiten Disufiroa, which was implicitly said to be even stronger as "Frontier's Strongest") >
MHFU=MH4U=MHGU (Defeated White Fatalis) >

MHW (Defeated Fatalis + Alatreon + Safi'jiiva) =>
MH3U=MH Stories 2 (Defeated Fatalis + Oltura, Defeated Alatreon + Dire Miralis) =>
MH1=MH Stories 1=MH Portable 3rd (Defeated Fatalis, Defeated Fatalis, Defeated Alatreon) >

MH Sunbreak (Defeated Wind Serpent Ibushi and Allmother Narwa, who are a step above regular Elder Dragons but below Zorah Magdaros)

Huh. Didn't expect Sunbreak to be so low on the ladder (base World hunter is stronger), but it just came out so... here's hoping for the Title Updates?

Last edited:
How does our reasoning for scaling elders from different games together go? By virtue of being elder dragons and not flat-out-losing to an Elder Dragon-level monster (i.e. Kirin/Rajang), they should be comparable to Kushala?

We have direct evidence, via turf wars, that Teostra, Lunastra, Nergigante, and Rajang can clash with Kushala and each other on relatively equal terms. Namielle, Savage Deviljho, and Velkhana clash with Rajang as well, meaning that they can scale at least to that level. Savage Deviljho clashes with Blackveil, putting Blackveil up there, too. But what should we source for Chameleos scaling to it, or Inagami, Jhen Moran, Shagaru, et cetera?

By the way, in GU quest lists, Akantor, Ukanlos, and Amatsu are all given identical HRP and money rewards for their quests, which are higher than and listed after the trio of Teostra, Kushala, and Chameleos, who have identical HRP and money rewards. Nakarkos gives higher rewards than all of the preceding monsters, just below Ahtal-Ka. Jumping higher than it is Alatreon, then another pretty big jump to the Fatalis trio, who all have identical rewards.

Everything else is fine though I can make an argument for the Black Dragons to just scale to 5-A since the eclipse that WF makes is present even with a standard Fatalis which makes it safe to assume that it would scale (Frontier would only certify it considering how it treats Fatalis there). The only Fatalis to not have it is Crimson but that is just a stronger base Fatalis so it would still scale. Safi would scale due being a rival to Fatalis and thus Alatreon would scale due to being compared to Safi with the only oddball being Dire Miralis which doesn't do much to anything other than kill an ecosystem by existing.
The only gameplay of Frontier Fatalis I can see is their Extreme Fatalis, which should be a separate key on its own, as well as their version of White which looks kinda silly imo. Both should actually have their own keys. In any case 4U black Fatalis has the exact same wormhole graphic in the background as White's. It wasn't depicted to make it, already existing as part of the setting, and since White specifically was shown to make the eclipse as a symbol of its power, it seems to imply that Black wasn't directly responsible for it. It's kind of like how an environmental mystery that already exists gets finally explained with the appearance of a powerful new monster i.e. Shara, Ceadeus, Gaismagorm, etc.

We have direct evidence, via turf wars, that Teostra, Lunastra, Nergigante, and Rajang can clash with Kushala and each other on relatively equal terms. Namielle, Savage Deviljho, and Velkhana clash with Rajang as well, meaning that they can scale at least to that level. Savage Deviljho clashes with Blackveil, putting Blackveil up there, too. But what should we source for Chameleos scaling to it, or Inagami, Jhen Moran, Shagaru, et cetera?
*Chameleos is heavily implied to be equal in power to Teo and Kush due to being part of the same trio of EDs (of which Alatreon is the master of iirc), it's weapons and armour hard counter Kush (kinda like a rock paper scissors relationship) and is always ranked on the same threat level as both Kush and Teo in every game it appears in.

*For the Mohran's is simply due to being a major siege ED (like Gog, Lao, Kulve, etc) I dunno if that's enough jurisdiction tho.

*Shagaru is a tricky one tbh, at best you can argue it'll be oddly inconsistent for it to be weaker than every other ED/ED level flagship and considering the threat is poses with the frenzy virus you can argue "At least low 7-B likely high 6-C".

Also Malzeno will be full on High 6-C since it stalemate's Scorned Magnamalo who beats Bazelgeuse (hopefully Seething avenges it) as well as ties with Teostra and Kushala.

*Chameleos is heavily implied to be equal in power to Teo and Kush due to being part of the same trio of EDs (of which Alatreon is the master of iirc), it's weapons and armour hard counter Kush (kinda like a rock paper scissors relationship) and is always ranked on the same threat level as both Kush and Teo in every game it appears in.

*For the Mohran's is simply due to being a major siege ED (like Gog, Lao, Kulve, etc) I dunno if that's enough jurisdiction tho.

*Shagaru is a tricky one tbh, at best you can argue it'll be oddly inconsistent for it to be weaker than every other ED/ED level flagship and considering the threat is poses with the frenzy virus you can argue "At least low 7-B likely high 6-C".

Also Malzeno will be full on High 6-C since it stalemate's Scorned Magnamalo who beats Bazelgeuse (hopefully Seething avenges it) as well as ties with Teostra and Kushala.
Alatreon was not the master of the trio, considering the trio was not present in its introductory game. Totally fair for Chameleos to be of the same tier, though. I'm in the process of writing the CRT and collecting every justification for every Elder and non-Elder that we're scaling to Kushala (except for frontier and online, which I can leave to the comments of the CRT to hash out) and making sure we all know why something "should be comparable" or "is". The siege ones are in a sort of strange grey area, and they'll be specifically mentioned in the CRT.

I think Scorned beats Kushala every time, though that's only from gameplay I've seen online - I've never seen Scorned lose a turf war except in its tie with Malzeno.

Regular Magnamalo loses to Elders 100% but beats Bazelgeuse 100%, while Rajang ties with Elders and Bazelgeuse with no clear winner, so Bazelgeuse and Magna are in a kind of weird spot.

Side topic: Ruiner stalemating with Velkhana (even with a unique turf war it doesn't have with Namielle) yet both having a tie with Kushala, regular Rajang, Savage Deviljho, and co. is kind of funky. Ruiner also fought a Bazelgeuse and it wasn't a total stomp with the Geuse fighting back mid-air and neither the Sapphire Star nor the Handler assuming Ruiner won the confrontation. It should at least be High 6-C, but should Ruiner or Velkhana scale above that to any capacity (i.e. Xeno)?

Also, "High 6-C, possibly Low 6-B" Admiral.

Last edited:
By the way, anyone seen the CAPCOM cross-IP mobile card game Teppen? They've got some gorgeous art if nothing else, and they also officially canonized "Immortal Zinogre" as "Recharged Soul Zinogre."

1q55Zm4.png
l6xUZR5.png
I remember playing it for a few days before dropping it to get some storage space back but I remember an absolutely cracked Rathalos throwing hands with both Ryu and MEGA MAN X before throwing down with the Nergigante that no-diffed it at first before it got amped.

I remember playing it for a few days before dropping it to get some storage space back but I remember an absolutely cracked Rathalos throwing hands with both Ryu and MEGA MAN X before throwing down with the Nergigante that no-diffed it at first before it got amped.
Yup. It's got a funny flaming dagger in its back imbued with a goddess's power or something of the sort.

Also, Fatalis explicitly defeated an army of goddess-empowered Guardians by itself including 4-A Garr (with the others probably being as strong?). That world is kinda nuts.

I think Scorned beats Kushala every time, though that's only from gameplay I've seen online - I've never seen Scorned lose a turf war except in its tie with Malzeno.

Regular Magnamalo loses to Elders 100% but beats Bazelgeuse 100%, while Rajang ties with Elders and Bazelgeuse with no clear winner, so Bazelgeuse and Magna are in a kind of weird spot.
Magnamalo and Scorned actually have the exact same Turf Wars except for the Malzeno one, for their turf wars with Elders its actually a tie considering they both take the same percentage of damage (which is what turf wars deal damage by). There is actually alternate scaling with Magnamalo you can do which is downscaling it from Narwa considering it shows up and assists in that fight which would make it make sense as to why it beats Bazel who ties with both Rajang and Deviljho.

Magnamalo and Scorned actually have the exact same Turf Wars except for the Malzeno one, for their turf wars with Elders its actually a tie considering they both take the same percentage of damage (which is what turf wars deal damage by). There is actually alternate scaling with Magnamalo you can do which is downscaling it from Narwa considering it shows up and assists in that fight which would make it make sense as to why it beats Bazel who ties with both Rajang and Deviljho.
Ah. I had taken entering wyvern riding mode to mean "loss", as I had never seen an Elder enter that state versus Magnamalo, whereas they always seem to do so against Scorned.

Yup. It's got a funny flaming dagger in its back imbued with a goddess's power or something of the sort.

Also, Fatalis explicitly defeated an army of goddess-empowered Guardians by itself including 4-A Garr (with the others probably being as strong?). That world is kinda nuts.
Don't forget 5-A Rathalos whose is considered a much bigger threat than this guy and if that wasn't nutty enough already Rathalos can reach 2-C thanks to being able to fight and pose a challenge to an endgame WoL thanks to this and ofc MH got this in return.

Don't you just love the massive buffs mobile games and/or crossovers give to (relatively) grounded characters?

Don't forget 5-A Rathalos whose is considered a much bigger threat than this guy and if that wasn't nutty enough already Rathalos can reach 2-C thanks to being able to fight and pose a challenge to an endgame WoL thanks to this and ofc MH got this in return.

Don't you just love the massive buffs mobile games and/or crossovers give to (relatively) grounded characters?
Please tell me we can make a 2-C Rathalos Profile.

Please tell me we can make a 2-C Rathalos Profile.
Actually I just re-checked the WoLs keys, they can only fight Rathalos with the Stormblood expansion meaning the king of the skies would be 2-A.

I swear 2-A is the personal favourite tier for many popular verses, mobile games and crossovers.

Jokes aside "hypothetically" speaking since we already got crossover profiles for MH Behemoth and DL Rathalos I don't see why FFXIV Rathalos can't have one too (he certainly has different moves and abilities from his regular counterpart), the caveat is it'll have to be made by FF supporters and last time I checked their main objective is to fully revise the entire verse (they're currently working on FFIX/X while touching up VII and VIII iirc), so it'll be awhile before crossover characters will get profiles methinks.

Still hilarious to imagine the most powerful monster of them all is indeed Rathalos. Franchise mascot privileges are simply too much!

Actually I just re-checked the WoLs keys, they can only fight Rathalos with the Stormblood expansion meaning the king of the skies would be 2-A.

I swear 2-A is the personal favourite tier for many popular verses, mobile games and crossovers.

Jokes aside "hypothetically" speaking since we already got crossover profiles for MH Behemoth and DL Rathalos I don't see why FFXIV Rathalos can't have one too (he certainly has different moves and abilities from his regular counterpart), the caveat is it'll have to be made by FF supporters and last time I checked their main objective is to fully revise the entire verse (they're currently working on FFIX/X while touching up VII and VIII iirc), so it'll be awhile before crossover characters will get profiles methinks.

Still hilarious to imagine the most powerful monster of them all is indeed Rathalos. Franchise mascot privileges are simply too much!
Rathalos has got that Pikachu Treatment.

Unless ya include that Archie Sonic comics Gore Magala that was able to take damage a chaos empowered Sigma.

In non-VS news, what are folks' favorite monsters? I like Savage Deviljho. They really committed to the concept of a mutated, mad version of an already-grotesque brute wyvern that's overflowing with so much Dragon Element it's practically vomiting it out by the gallon... plus, brute wyverns are my favorite class of monster. I like my big stompy theropods. It is also a belligerent in my number one (Gawd-DAMN!) and number two (also cool) favorite turf wars.

In non-VS news, what are folks' favorite monsters? I like Savage Deviljho. They really committed to the concept of a mutated, mad version of an already-grotesque brute wyvern that's overflowing with so much Dragon Element it's practically vomiting it out by the gallon... plus, brute wyverns are my favorite class of monster. I like my big stompy theropods. It is also a belligerent in my number one (Gawd-DAMN!) and number two (also cool) favorite turf wars.
i like monke, its hard to have a favourite tho tbh. Whenever I think about it I think of like a dozen monsters and I can't choose.

Zammy boi; easily among the most creative monsters (from a severely underrepresented monster classification), a fun fight with believable ecology while still having just the right among of fantasy and is surprisingly one of the few non-EDs that can manipulate more than one element (water and ice).

Sunbreak did him dirty, we got the babies but not the big boi and his niche got taken by one of the most forgettable subspecies in recent MH history.

My personal favorite was originally Shagaru Magala because I started playing MH on 4U for the 3DS bur now that I've played Generations, World and started playing Base Rise not too long ago but now I'd have to say that I've got a whole new appreciation for a lot of Monsters that it's hard to choose who my favorite is. Though if I had to pick one, it's gotta be Stygian Zinogre.

I believe Vegeta said it best.

Ceadeus, mainly because his theme always said "SPATULA" in the background

If I had to pick, Nergigante

He's the only Elder Dragon to just hit you really hard, no elements, no ailments outside of stun but me and my 3 steadfast jewels I always have don't talk about that,he doesn't really fly much outside of travel and doing his big divebomb attack, he just has spikes and his fists (And him ripping out Shara Ishvalda's throat was incredibly cathartic considering how much I hated actually doing that fight, in spite of how cool Shara is)

Diablos does have a special place in my heart because of how goofy his armor looks and the fact he's the first monster to really start telling me "okay now is time for you to actually play the game good" but Nergigante is what made me really learn everything about the Longsword, I absolutely despised fighting them at first, but by the time you have a proper encounter with Ruiner and I started actually getting a grasp of like, Roundslash and stuff, I just thought it was an awesome fight (Also his tempered quest gave you great spiritvein gems and those were appreciated)

The only thing I dislike is when his spikes go black (which is in turn handled much better by Ruiner, where the only time that happened to me was like, the arena quest with him and Stygian Zinogre (I still need to give that one a runback sometime)

Imo, Rathian (Ratha best boi fite me), Zinogre (Stygian is so ******* cool) or Makili Pietru (YES)
Yes I have Stories Bias, no I really do not care

Made the Kushala (and Kushala-level) CRT here. I intend for that to be our place to discuss all Kushala/"Generic Elder" tier monsters. Please take a look.

Btw something related to Qurio hax, they should have Body Puppetry, Mind hax or something based on this statement by Fiorayne.
unknown.png

I am back on the site, at least for a time lmao

I just found out that Monster Hunter: Legends Of The Guild exists, where the members of the Ace Squad from MH4U fight things like Deviljho and Lunastra

Oh, and favorite monster is Dalamadur. When I was young I played MH4U all the time, and I had to figure out how to beat Dalamadur all on my own (Which was so satisfying in the end). The size and scope of the monster was and still kinda is unmatched and personally I think it's probably the best fight in the MH-franchise when it comes to the Colossal-sized monsters.

And I've not finished Rise or Sunbreak quite yet. I'm close to the former, and I have the latter ready to go when I do get around to it. I've actually been playing 4U and 3U again and intend to work my way back up through the games lol

Back