• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey vs Tiger (Mori Jin vs Roronoa Zoro)

Dunno, I'll wait a little bit more before I vote, but those that argue for Mori's win make way more compelling arguments, at least for now.

A later (but still comparable) version of Mori could tell someone had future sight just from brushing against someone for a moment, for example.
Not to mention he was actively trying to keep his future sight a secret and nobody else had figured it out but Mori.

Zoro's skilled but Mori's own skill - having [nearly] mastered a martial art that literally blows up your body from the inside if you do it wrong, copying techniques on the fly (such as barehanded versions of sword techniques, so Zoro is be ****** if Mori gets close range), immediately growing stronger and forming counters to attacks that almost killed him on the spot as well as other wincons I listed here:
I'm thinking Mori might take it via:
  • his incredibly slight AP advantage
  • far better Analytical Prediction
  • really good AD
  • past experience with sword fighters
  • Acupuncture GG. I don't think Zoro resists because resilience to pain (applied directly to the nerves) is different from having someone disable you by touching pressure points IMO.
  • Ice manip doesn't get resisted (Zoro has resistance to cold temps but not ice)
  • Air manip can match the various Pound Hos by launching shockwaves at them
  • Far greater LS (Class Z), if he can grab one of Zoro's swords - or worse, Zoro himself - it's literally over.
  • can amp his stats by at LEAST 2x at this point in the story (idk though, includes speed, AP and dura) w/ Jeahbongchim
  • Techniques like Bo-Bup which allow him to blitz people comparable to him in regular speed
Mori GG.

Just more bs and lies... Sorry I'll unfollow thread 🙈
You're being childish. Stop. Leave if you want to leave but don't just say "uuuu bullshit and lies", you're acting like a baby.

If you have actual counterarguments that consist of something with more substance than "NUH-UH", feel free to provide them. We're here to debate. Otherwise you provide nothing useful and so you should just unfollow.

Last edited:
You're being childish. Stop. Leave if you want to leave but don't just say "uuuu bullshit and lies", you're acting like a baby.

If you have actual counterarguments that consist of something with more substance than "NUH-UH", feel free to provide them. We're here to debate. Otherwise you provide nothing useful and so you should just unfollow.
Already unfollowed, and I don't care if you think I'm being childish, I think guys are the childish ones

Close qauters combat is suicide for both characters, Zoro has durability negation that'll one shot Mori and Mori has his own pressure point shit.

Close qauters combat is suicide for both characters, Zoro has durability negation that'll one shot Mori and Mori has his own pressure point shit.
Not really for Mori; He and Zoro could lock gazes and he'd know about Zoro's dura neg immediately, while Zoro wouldn't be aware of Mori's ability to just make him explode from the inside out from the get-go (I assume), so from the beginning of the fight he has the advantage in a purely CQC confrontation.

Not really for Mori; He and Zoro could lock gazes and he'd know about Zoro's dura neg immediately, while Zoro wouldn't be aware of Mori's ability to just make him explode from the inside out from the get-go (I assume),
Zoro's information Analysis would alert him of what Mori is capable of doing. He has like 2 forms of Information Analysis at this point, so I doubt Zoro wouldn't be able to pick up on it. Tbh I'd argue Zoro's durability negation would be the easiest to apply since Goken attacks are imbued into all of his attacks and work without momentum (Meaning no wind up is required, whereas I'm assuming Mori still need momentum / wind up to work.)

Imo I see this ultimately coming down to sheer range. At this point in time Zoro's range isn't very impressive so I'm assuming Mori is the better of the two in that regard.

I don't know much about Zoro and I'm just randomly jumping in tbf, but Mori can also attack from a fair distance with some of his Re Taekwondo techniques. Unless my memory is tripping me, but I'm 80% sure it's not.

I don't know much about Zoro and I'm just randomly jumping in tbf, but Mori can also attack from a fair distance with some of his Re Taekwondo techniques. Unless my memory is tripping me, but I'm 80% sure it's not.
Correct hence why I'm thinking about voting Mori. Me and Az already talked on Discord about this and it seems like Mori definitely has the better range game.

Zoro's information Analysis would alert him of what Mori is capable of doing. He has like 2 forms of Information Analysis at this point, so I doubt Zoro wouldn't be able to pick up on it.
Has either form of info analysis ever told him about his opponent's abilities before they ever use them?

If Mori DOES need to play the ranged game he will, since his kicks create shockwaves like several meters long even in keys prior to this.

I'd also like to note (if it's relevant) that Mori himself also has 2 forms of information Analysis.

The first, and most basic one, allows him to see someone's weak points by glancing at them, pressure points, flaws in their stance, etc. He can combine this with his natural knowledge of the human body to immediately find striking/weak points on Zoro's body.

His second form of info analysis I've already brought up, which allows him to recognize abilities and their functions just from sight and bodily contact.

Yeah see what I mean? Both have most of the same shit working on petty similar levels.

Mori should take this via range tho. Zoro's range game is pretty good but they significantly weaken the further they travel so keeping that up isn't good for him.

If Mori DOES need to play the ranged game he will, since his kicks create shockwaves like several meters long even in keys prior to this.
Mori should take this via range tho. Zoro's range game is pretty good but they significantly weaken the further they travel so keeping that up isn't good for him.
Zoro's range around this time maxes out at around 15 meters:

At this range he was still shown to possess roughly the same if not greater AP than in base. Although I will say Goken can be applied to ranged attacks which makes the eventual power decrease slightly irrelevant.

Okay ig.

A part of Mori's own analytical prediction is being able to recognize minute changes in air pressure, so it's possible that he'd be able to disrupt the flow of the air Zoro creates like he did with Daewi and reflect Zoro's shockwaves back at him, if he needs to.

A part of Mori's own analytical prediction is being able to recognize minute changes in air pressure, so it's possible that he'd be able to disrupt the flow of the air Zoro creates like he did with Daewi and reflect Zoro's shockwaves back at him, if he needs to.
Zoro's also does that, that's how he can predict attacks that change patterns and angles lol.

I never said he didn't do that, just that that's a way Mori can potentially counter Zoro's shockwaves if he has no method to avoid his attacks being reflected.

With Mori's LS advantage couldn't he just grab Zoro's swords and take them lol.
I mentioned it already but yeah this is entirely a valid wincon too. If he grabs Zoro's swords (or worse, Zoro himself) he's ******* dead. GG no re Mori's grip could literally tear chunks out of him bc it's Class Z vs Class G.

IIRC Zoro CAN fight without swords (Mutoryu?) but compared to Mori's H2H skill (and also the potential factor of him spontaneously inventing a barehand version of Santoryu) I think he's got it in the bag.

Back