• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey vs Tiger (Mori Jin vs Roronoa Zoro)

Haki negates non natural regeneration. Mori's regeneration is completely natural.
This why the rewording is needed

It's natural regen... Only that haki doesn't negate regen that your born with (which is the natural aspect its talking about)

It negates natural regeneration, as the example used (Marco's Tori Tori no Mi) only boosts the body's Natural Healing, making it quicker.
Why does the Haki page say the opposite.
Proof? Because it says on his profile that he instantly regenerated after awakening as the Monkey King
Mori already was the Monkey King, he just had lost his powers because they'd been sealed away. Him "awakening" is just him regaining power he was born with.

Good on him.

Do you agree with changing the keys so it's 8-A Zoro VS 8-A Mori, or do you think the LS advantage isn't that relevant?

It negates natural regeneration, as the example used (Marco's Tori Tori no Mi) only boosts the body's Natural Healing, making it quicker.
No, Marco's regen on himself comes from his Reincarnation Flames or whatever was the name, that's why Haki can null it.

Haki can only null regen that's granted by external sources (that's why Zoans other than Marco can regen even after being hit by haki).

No, Marco's regen on himself comes from his Reincarnation Flames or whatever was the name, that's why Haki can null it.

Haki can only null regen that's granted by external sources (that's why Zoans other than Marco can regen even after being hit by haki).
Fair enough.

Literally no... Zoro's one is basically precog... It should get revised to that as it's not analytical prediction... He knows the future with breath of all things, he doesn't predict it
What? No, that's not true at all.

He knows what will happen BECAUSE he is predicting things, he doesn't get direct knowledge about the future.

Mori already was the Monkey King, he just had lost his powers because they'd been sealed away. Him "awakening" is just him regaining power he was born with.
Not only that but he regenned a hole punched in his heart really quickly even without his Monkey powers against Bongchim Nah, no?

I'm thinking Mori might take it via:
  • his incredibly slight AP advantage
  • far better Analytical Prediction
  • really good AD
  • past experience with sword fighters
  • Jeahbongchim GG.
  • Ice manip doesn't get resisted (Zoro has resistance to cold temps but not ice)
  • Air manip can match the various Pound Hos by launching shockwaves at them
  • Far greater LS, if he can grab one of Zoro's swords - or worse, Zoro himself - it's literally over.
  • can amp his stats by at LEAST 2x at this point in the story (idk though, includes speed, AP and dura)
  • Techniques like Bo-Bup which allow him to blitz people comparable to him in regular speed

If I'm wrong about anything I've written feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
Oh wait he did do that didn't he.

**** how did I forget that when making the profile
That one was also relatively quick IIRC, since it happened when he was roaming about in the facility some minutes before his match. He found Bongchim, got attacked, barely survived via his Instinctive Action but regenned and was up again to only be a little late to his match.

What? No, that's not true at all.

He knows what will happen BECAUSE he is predicting things, he doesn't get direct knowledge about the future.
What you literally just said is full on head canon... Predicting shit doesnt mean you'll know shit, wtf are you talking about

Zoro didn't analyze anything, he knew what was going to happen

Just because you've been wrong for years or something don't mean you need to get defensive 🙈 man... I Don't know shit with words, that barely made sense, I meant that just because you've believed in something for so long... You'll get extra defensive since people don't like change and stuff idk bye
my guy just voted fra on nothing... Ahh hell hah

If you predict somethings going to happen that means you know it's going to happen

Wtf are you talking about

And that makes his natural regen faster... It's still natural regen, just not the natural regen your born with

If you predict somethings going to happen that means you know it's going to happen

Wtf are you talking about
No you don't... My guy, knowing shit and predicting shit is different

I swear talking to you is literally pointless... You just say random shit and debate them without ever trying to explain shit...

Nah. Prediction is literally guessing. If I predict that... Idunno, you're about to blink, I don't KNOW that, it's an educated guess. Analytical Prediction is called what it is for a reason.

my guy just voted fra on nothing... Ahh hell hah
I listed Mori's wincons and ways he can match Zoro literally 2 messages above. What are you talking about.

Nah. Prediction is literally guessing. If I predict that... Idunno, you're about to blink, I don't KNOW that, it's an educated guess. Analytical Prediction is called what it is for a reason.
Analytical prediction isn't guessing tho, it's literally just future sight but not actually peering into the future.

Analytical prediction isn't guessing tho, it's literally just future sight but not actually peering into the future.
And since you aren't looking into the future, you don't know what'll happen for sure. A prediction is a forecast, it is not set in stone. It is a guess, the "analytical" part just means it's based on information you already have.

You didn't know vote tho... You literally just explained Mori's abilities
Literally right there I said "I think Mori takes this because..."

They don't need to vote, they provided reasons as to why Mori would win and that's enough to call FRA.
They didn't tho...
That one was also relatively quick IIRC, since it happened when he was roaming about in the facility some minutes before his match. He found Bongchim, got attacked, barely survived via his Instinctive Action but regenned and was up again to only be a little late to his match.
Nothing here is saying how mori would win against zoro...

Not only that but he regenned a hole punched in his heart really quickly even without his Monkey powers against Bongchim Nah, no?

I'm thinking Mori might take it via:
  • his incredibly slight AP advantage
  • far better Analytical Prediction
  • really good AD
  • past experience with sword fighters
  • Jeahbongchim GG.
  • Ice manip doesn't get resisted (Zoro has resistance to cold temps but not ice)
  • Air manip can match the various Pound Hos by launching shockwaves at them
  • Far greater LS, if he can grab one of Zoro's swords - or worse, Zoro himself - it's literally over.
  • can amp his stats by at LEAST 2x at this point in the story (idk though, includes speed, AP and dura)
  • Techniques like Bo-Bup which allow him to blitz people comparable to him in regular speed

If I'm wrong about anything I've written feel free to correct me.
OHHH... I see

Bro what?

It is guessing... Thats where the predicting and analytical comes from
Analytical Prediction isn't guessing.

If you look at someone's muscle movements and see how their going to move you are not guessing how they are going to move, their body is dictating how they are going to move to you, you can't guess, it's literally telling you what their going to do without having to look into the future.

And since you aren't looking into the future, you don't know what'll happen for sure. A prediction is a forecast, it is not set in stone. It is a guess, the "analytical" part just means it's based on information you already have.
You literally can know what will happen for sure based on the level of analytical prediction.

If you look at someone's muscle movements and see how their going to move you are not guessing how they are going to move, their body is dictating how they are going to move to you, you can't guess, it's literally telling you what their going to do without having to look into the future.
That's literally guessing...

You don't know where they'll go, you predicted where their movement will go by reading their muscle movements

Back