• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey vs Tiger (Mori Jin vs Roronoa Zoro)

Vs

Both in their Low 7-B key, Mori Jin's 6A form is restricted. Speed equal.

Battle happens in a desert.

Notes:

Zoro scales to 1.54 Megatons
Mori scales to 2.2 Megatons

Last edited:
I would say something like "I hate you" or whatever, but this match was a pleasant surprise when I was searching for potential match-ups for my fav characters.

I'll bite on this one.

Watch Zoro have a 20 character scaling chain from that value.
From my knowledge, this version's scaling chain shouldn't have more than 5 characters (it only covers skypiea and water 7), but yeah.

Tho, does Mori Jin have any scaling?

Can I get like, an exact scaling chain for Zoro? Like can someone actually type it out or some shit.
From what I can remember, Zoro in this key only scales above the value when using his strongest techniques, otherwise he is ~ Wyper who did the feat.

Y’all are forgetting that in this key Mori still has like class Y lifting strength for being able to casually carry Yeoui

Literally one grab and it’s just over for Zoro

Mori literally has never "grabbed" an opponent in the entirety of GoH.

The only moves he has that can be considered a grappling technique are Homi-Geolyi and Dragon Catcher but those techniques aren't things that require specifically higher strength to escape.

Can I get like, an exact scaling chain for Zoro? Like can someone actually type it out or some shit.
This is what I got from reading the profile:
1.54 megatons = Wyper ~ Ohm ~ Zoro < Ohm's Iron Cloud (Tanked Zoro's attacks) < Zoro's named techniques (Cut through the iron cloud & one-shot ohm)

I mean Mori has copied Mira's techniques and doubled Yeoui as a sword to perform them. Regardless of that tho, there's no reason why Zoro's outlandish technique wouldn't be adapted and overcome by Mori considering he has done the same for techniques on a similar level of absurdity to holding 3 swords. Literally beat a guy to death who could spawn spikes in his body and cast lightning directly above a person.

I mean Mori has copied Mira's techniques and doubled Yeoui as a sword to perform them.
He doesn't exactly start by doing that, though. He'll only start using other Martial Arts when overwhelmed- The rest is just Renewal.

He isn't above using other martial arts techniques ever since Ilpyo's fight though.

Although, I'd say fancy moves won't cut it against Zoro here since large attacks are easy for him to telegraph and avoid. When it comes down to it, this will be a skill battle. How good is Zoro against opponents that can adapt to his style?

Mori literally has never "grabbed" an opponent in the entirety of GoH.

The only moves he has that can be considered a grappling technique are Homi-Geolyi and Dragon Catcher but those techniques aren't things that require specifically higher strength to escape.
Mori has grabbed people before and knows grappling moves thanks to his fight with Ilpyo.

Point is literally any move involving lifting strength would just snap Zoro in half. Even doing things like clashing against each other would destroy Zoro cause of that large gap.

Mori has grabbed people before and knows grappling moves thanks to his fight with Ilpyo.
I never said he didn't know how just that he doesn't ever opt to grapple people outside of the base "grappling" techniques available to him, like Dragon Catcher which involves him literally hooking his leg around you lol.

Back