• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey King of Demons vs Sun beloved Demonslayer (Mori Jin vs Yoriichi Tsugikuni

which is far more complicated than what mori had done, if mori has more info analysis feats please do state them

I'm not sure if it's allowed to give this example since it wasn't shown in this key, but Mori was able to figure out an opponent's exact ability in great detail, all of its weaknesses and how the user is making use of it just by brushing shoulders with said person.

I think it's allowed though, because it isn't an ability he gained, it's just his intelligence.

he was raised as the family's heir, he definitely had at least a year of experience, and you ignored my last point
Your last point was irrelevant so I ignored it.

...yes, this concept needs to be expanded upon, in DS skill is just another word for strenght, the more skilled you are with the breathing styles and their forms and the stronger you are, it's a power system dedicated to having skills as the main factor of what decides a fight and strenght is a byproduct of said skill

is it the same in god of highschool?
You didn't understand my point. I'm saying that experience being equated to strength isn't a concept unique to Demon Slayer or even expanded upon in Demon Slayer. It's literally just how every series treats experience. It's the same in GoH, experience = strong.
alright then, let's establish that yoriichi has multiple fighting styles to use and be done with it
Yoriichi has one fighting style. Other breathing styles simply branched off from his one breathing style, but that doesn't mean that he can use other breathing styles at will because he never did that in the manga.

.i never even said he trained to get it, that's just a straw man
Then you're conceding it's not a feat lol.
.alright then now you're getting mad or impatient, just use be like mori jin and copy my writing style that has zero curses and is respectful, please kindly tell me where you explained how it's more complicated
I am not mad, and no, I will not copy your writing style. Don't tell me how to talk.

I will quote my explanation, and I will not do so again.
Mori got hit with a technique that nearly one-shot him, immediately countered the technique that one-shot him despite the fact that people with superior analytical prediction than what Yoriichi has couldn't do it, got one-shot AGAIN by an improved version of the technique, and LITERALLY (I mean literally) a few moments later developed a new skill by copying the same technique despite the fact that it required 3 different techniques beforehand to set-up and was THOUSANDS of times stronger than any skill Mori had used before.

i never even said it's a skill feat to have the STW, i said it's a skill feat to be able to instantly make use of it in a battle despite never doing so and having zero combat experience prior to that
That's not a skill feat either, because you don't need experience to use it, it's a passive ability.
you have not, you just said that it's stronger than any tecnhique in his arsenal and said that people with way better AP than yoriichi are unable to learn it
If that is your take away from my explanation then it is not my fault you, again, have poor reading comprehension. I explained it, you just don't like my explanation. And it's okay to disagree.
basically nothing to go off of" is pretty vague, but this sounds like the STW, exept the reading toughts part, since the STW can even see the biology and DNA of living beings, and the other characters can easily read intentions such as fightning spirit and bloodlust etc, but yoriichi has none so that bit is irrelevant

the AP is indeed superior however, i fail to see how analytical prediction can play a role in learning new techniques? shouldn't that be an information analysis and accelerated development feat?
You missed the point entirely. The point is, the person with this immense analytical ability could not perform the feat that Mori did, making it a good skill feat.
which is far more complicated than what mori had done, if mori has more info analysis feats please do state them
I don't agree that it's more complicated at all. What Yoriichi did is adapt his striking pattern to hit Muzan's weak points despite their erratic positions and movements.

It's the same thing Mori has done- By adapting his striking pattern, he was able to predict the erratic flow of air of an attack that required 3-separate powerful techniques to execute, and not ONLY did he immediately counter this technique, but he COMPLETELY IGNORED the initial process of performing it and developed his own unique version of the skill. This is simply objectively a much more complex performance.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to give this example since it wasn't shown in this key, but Mori was able to figure out an opponent's exact ability in great detail, all of its weaknesses and how the user is making use of it just by brushing shoulders with said person.

I think it's allowed though, because it isn't an ability he gained, it's just his intelligence.
It's definitely allowed. His intelligence scales the same throughout all keys.

The brushing shoulders part was with Dean, right? What about before that when he simply watched someone make use of their power (it appears to set things on fire) and was able to correctly deduce that this was not the case, and also the exact mechanics behind how their ability DID work from nothing but a glance, let alone physical contact.

Your last point was irrelevant so I ignored it.
kokushibo ten years later also describes that yoriichi's current skills are incoparable to his skills as a child meaning even then he still considered yoriichi's previous skills as amazing and that was ten years later, that alone proves more than enough that yoriichi's skills as a child are not to be frowned upong and neither is the sword instrtuctor your avergae swordsman

there is also the fact that yoriichi never even had to learn, he just intantly realized how to use the sword

...it kind of wasn't
You didn't understand my point. I'm saying that experience being equated to strength isn't a concept unique to Demon Slayer or even expanded upon in Demon Slayer. It's literally just how every series treats experience. It's the same in GoH, experience = strong.
it's not that i don't see your point,the difference is what kind of "strenght" we're talking about here, in DS, strenght means skill, to grow stronger and faster you have to grow more skillful, the latter is a necessity for breathing style users, the characters cannot grow stronger and faster without enhancing their sword skills and mastering the breathing styles, as in they can only grow stronger and faster by being more skilled and there is a heavy emphasis on this fact in the series

is it the same in GoH?

Yoriichi has one fighting style. Other breathing styles simply branched off from his one breathing style, but that doesn't mean that he can use other breathing styles at will because he never did that in the manga.
he created all the breathing styles so i don't see any reasons for why he can't use them, they're branched off the sun breathing, but that doesn't change the fact that he still made them all, and if anything we never even saw him fight in the manga, we only saw him "fight" twice, one as a child and the second against muzan, and he basically dominated both fights

Then you're conceding it's not a feat lol.
...mate, i legit never said yoriichi having the STW is a skill feat, i cannot concede to something i have not even implied not defended
I am not mad, and no, I will not copy your writing style. Don't tell me how to talk.
alright, i love you two, altough that was meant as a bit of a joke and pretty sure i just told you to be polite when speaking

I will quote my explanation, and I will not do so again.
i read that explanation twice already and it doesn't explain anything, altough karma explained everything so it doesn't matter

That's not a skill feat either, because you don't need experience to use it, it's a passive ability.
you need experience to master anything just because he is able to use it passively does not mean that the fact that he instantly knew how to use masterfully in a fight as a 7 year old is not skill/adaptibility/intelligence feat

If that is your take away from my explanation then it is not my fault you, again, have poor reading comprehension. I explained it, you just don't like my explanation. And it's okay to disagree.
but that's literally the only part in your explanation that hints on how complicated the technique is..well again, karma explained this and i addressed it so let's move on

You missed the point entirely. The point is, the person with this immense analytical ability could not perform the feat that Mori did, making it a good skill feat.
true, never denied it, but already addressed that yoriichi's feat require better analytical ability and adaptibilty to do than mori's feat

I don't agree that it's more complicated at all. What Yoriichi did is adapt his striking pattern to hit Muzan's weak points despite their errattic
positions and movements.
alright

It's the same thing Mori has done- By adapting his striking pattern, he was able to predict the erratic flow of air of an attack that required 3-separate powerful techniques to execute, and not ONLY did he immediately counter this technique, but he COMPLETELY IGNORED the initial process of performing it and developed his own unique version of the skill. This is simply objectively a much more complex performance.
...not really, observing and analyzing a unique and

constantly changing physic with no set form and with weaknesses moving in chaotic patterns then instantly making an entire new technique dedicated to slashing all of them, or in other words, a technique to counter said physic is argueably more complex than analyzing and countering a technique that makes the wind erratic and making it his own/enhancing it as the info you need to process from the chaotic and constantly changing biology is much higher than the info needed to analyze the technique listed since there are multiple variables involved,

also, from what karma said, the air was not erratic,
to quote
The first stages were explained as irregularly reflecting air currents with continuous punches and kicks and controlling the flow of air, then blowing all of the air currents at the opponent with the 4th stage.

it was clearly controlled, this is basically just wind manipulation,

yoriichi's feat still appears to be better

...so he never saw the ability yet just knew about it after touching him?

this isn't really intelligence, this is basically just hax unless you can logically explain how he did it

The brushing shoulders part was with Dean, right? What about before that when he simply watched someone make use of their power (it appears to set things on fire) and was able to correctly deduce that this was not the case, and also the exact mechanics behind how their ability DID work from nothing but a glance, let alone physical contact.
yeah, that's more like it, that's an intelligence and info analysis feat, the brushing shoulders one isn't as far as it goes

Okay, we're both just going in circles here and getting absolutely nowhere, so let's just agree to disagree. I already voted for Yoriichi as well anyway

Welp, at least we had fun wasting our time in what was soon to be become pointless

...not like these discussions aren't pointless themselves lmao

Back