• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Despite what I said, the cat still takes this handily. If it were that easy to bypass Mew's invisibility, it would've been discovered by now. Momo's severely outskilled here, and he can only absorb and reflect Aura Sphere, and even then, catching Momo off guard screws with him. As it's not passive, Psychic bypasses everything via being TK, Ancient Power is just giant rocks, Mega Punch is a physical attack, and Genesis Supernova, like all Z Moves, can't be negated. Mew's small stature keeps it from getting hit. Me First also serves as a counter for Momo's best chance of winning here and speaking of which, Momo tries to turn Mew into a chakra fruit and gets turned into one himself if Me First is on the table.

momoshiki can literally see invisible things. Thats one of the main attributes of the rinnegan. Dont bring up Boruto's rasengan cause for one the rasengan dispearsed and it was just wind that was moving not chakra anymore. Then secondly its PIS that momoshiki didnt see the rasengan if we dont think the rasengan disappeared but only turned invisible.

Also mew being small doesnt really mean anything. MOmoshiki in character would literally probably wipe the surface off the planet if he cant catch Mew even tho he sould be able to using his Wood Snakes that come from the ground or he can just paralyize Mew with the CHakra ROds that not only leaves you paralyized but also disrupts your energy and seals and binds it. THats an ability of the six paths by the way. He also has an attack that can spread from all directions with his body in the middle which will make it harder for Mew to get closer.

I also dont see the big problem with the Genesis SN cause Momo can increase his AP as well with his Lava golem. Also do not expect MOmoshiki to wanna fuse with a cat lmao, he thinks to highly of himself to even let humans touch him so dont expect him to wanna shara form similar to a cat. He wont be tryign to turn Mew into a fruit at all.

Also i dont see how Mews TK abilities have any effect on Momoshiki lol, Momoshiki can already fly, he can already resist binding and paralysis.

Just going to note out that Momo paraylzing Mew wouldnt do that much since Mew's syncronize ability would kick in and Momo would also be given the exact same treatment. But unlike Momo, at least some of Mew's abilities wouldnt require physical movement.

Why would I bring up something I don't know about lol? Jkjk. Anyway, my point was that there are quite a handful of Pokemon and even human technology that can see invisibles, even back in the first generation, and Mew still remains unseen.

Mew has quite literally never touched the ground so shaving the planet would be useless to it.

I see no sealing on Momo's profile. Mew has Synchonize, a passive ability that puts the opponent under the same negative effects as you.

Fair enough with the fusing part lol, but the increase with the Lava Golem is only mediocre when Mew can spam stat amping moves like Nasty Plot and Amnesia, both which double Sp. Atk and Sp. Def respectively each time they're used.

I don't see any resistance to...well...anything on Momo's profile. Mew's TK can tear Momo apart though.

The fact that Momoshiki could resist Shikamaru's shadow bind means he has it while Kinshiki wasnt moving. Also do people not read Boruto or look at MOmoshiki's profile. Any ability absorbed by MOmoshiki is increased in power. YOu guys did see what Momoshiki did to the abilities he absorbed from a low tier BOruto right lol. Abilities almost wiped the surface clean if Naruto hadnt have stepped in. LOl now that i think about no, no one read it cause the same shadow bind attack stopped Naruto and sasuke in their tracks.

I mean can we really just assume Momoshiki cant see Mew, we cant use Pokemon verse logic for someone thats not from the verse.

...when Momoshiki's says he will destroy the surrounding lands im pretty sure the explosion will reach into the sky. It doesnt matter if mew doesnt touch the ground. THE AOE is huge.

Momoshiki wont be getting the same status effect since it is literally an ability from the Six paths which the users are all immune to

thats the good thing about Naruto characters lol they are all mostly resistant to their own abilities, well mostly the god tiers since their abilities all stem from the same place

"when Momoshiki's says he will destroy the surrounding lands im pretty sure the explosion will reach into the sky. It doesnt matter if mew doesnt touch the ground. THE AOE is huge."

Manga doesn't say "Surrounding lands" only Area unless i'm referring to the wrong scene?

0006-006

MOmoshiki
Now this was the power of MOmo in base with Narutos tbb. Ascendant Momoshiki is way above this. THis scan also is consistent with the planet's surfaces having to be destroyed to plant a Divine tree, the anime and light novel also says this

You can't compare Shikamaru, who's low tier fodder (despite how awesome he is), to planet level characters. That's like saying that DB characters can resist cutting due to no-selling Krillin's Destructo Disc or something.

The real cal howard said:
You can't compare Shikamaru, who's low tier fodder (despite how awesome he is), to planet level characters. That's like saying that DB characters can resist cutting due to no-selling Krillin's Destructo Disc or something.
dude are you just gonna ignore the functions of Momoshiki's rinnegan?? His ability is to make abilities he steal stronger. The anime and manga showed how strong the shadow bind is, also SHikamaru could restrain Kinshiki some so its not that weak anyway

I'll count your vote Rocker but not because of Shadow Bind.

The problem with Shadow Bind is that its strictly ground based. As Cal brought up before, Mew never touches the ground like ever. He literally always floats. And Syncronize would still effect Momoshiki with the same thing.

Also, Mew has other options for itself guys. Just going to note that bit out too.

That is true actually brain fart on my part(Mew on the ground xD). BBut the black rods do the same thing anyway.

shadow bind doesnt suppose to Touch you it touches your shadow and im pretty sure all Pokemon have shadows.

i i can float above the ground and still see my shadow and in the pokemon movies we can see Mew's shadow on the ground when he floats

I thought Mew would have had more moves then what's on it's profile tbh.

pretty sure shadow possesion scales to someone's chakra capability, and that it needs contact with someone's shadow, with only the strangling needing the enemy to touch the ground. Momoshiki would likely go with black rods while absorbing attacks anyways.

Pound and megapunch seems the most relyable attack it has here... Transforming into momoshiki will only give it problems, changing its type wouldn't really matter here (shadow possesion could be dark type, but its harmful effects don't take effect on flying enemies and isn't used by momo anyways)

Syncronize doesn't reflect sleep or freeze, would it really work on shadow possesion?

Teleport is a good move, but that alone wouldn't really get around its disadvantege in my opinion

Not that it really matters thanks to sycronize effecting Momo if New is hit by a rod or the shadow.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Not that it really matters thanks to sycronize.

Did you not read above? It doesn't reflect stuff like sleep and freeze.

Eve then, momo actualy has the diversity here. (Unless mew uses transform, but then momo would be able to absorb any usefull attack it has and simply go in for h2h)

Momoshiki is resistanta to those effects which is a weakness to sycronize, ill have to make a crt or something for Momoshikis missing ability cause currently he is missing even simple ones

There were two minutes between the two, but whatever.

That alone shouldn't really change much tough...

Plus, pokemon paralysis is electricity based, so its not really comparable.

@Ricsi

You posted while I was still commenting.

I never said it did. I already posted my reasons why I think Mew would win unless you missed it.

Syncronize not reflecting sleep or freeze doesnt really matter here though. It reflects any kind of burning, poisoning, and paralyzing, the latter which Shadow Posession does. If it paralyzes Mew at all, the foe is getting the same treatment.

Speaking of which, even if Momo is resistant to paralyzing, I don't think it would be enough to resist syncro. Syncronize specifically reflects the exact same effect from the user onto the opponent when hit. That would mean the exact same level of paralyzing Momo hits Mew with would be hitting himself, meaning to stop it, Momo would have to be resistant to his own level of shadow bind paralyzaing. And I seriously doubt he would.

@Rocker

It's passive like most Pokemon abilities, it activates on its own.

Syncronize not reflecting sleep or freeze doesnt really matter here though. It reflects any kind of burning, poisoning, and paralyzing, the latter which Shadow Posession does. If it paralyzes Mew at all, the foe is getting the same treatment.

Paralyzation is electricity based, which is why electric types are immune to it. Also, even when reflecting status, it still reflects them in their weakest form (shown with poison, where no matter how bad the poison is the enmy will only get the weakest version).

Speaking of which, even if Momo is resistant to paralyzing, I don't think it would be enough to resist syncro. Syncronize specifically reflects the exact same effect from the user onto the opponent when hit. That would mean the exact same level of paralyzing Momo hits Mew with would be hitting himself, meaning to stop it, Momo would have to be resistant to his own level of shadow bind paralyzaing. And I seriously doubt he would.

No, not the exact same, as I pointed out above. And even if it did, he could break it eventualy, while Mew cannot due to the absolutly massive Lifting strenght differnce

Question

Do we treat "Me First" as NLF?. Like can Mew use the Shadow Bind before Momo?.

Not saying he will, just wondering how we treat Me First.

Mew's profile literally says that if the user is resistant to paralysis it wont effect them, im pretty sure Momo can move through his own paralysis since naruto could move somel but then he hits him with the Chakra rods

Wouldnt he need to know shadow bind to do that, also def sounds like an NLF.

You can use an intended move that you dont have.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Question
Do we treat "Me First" as NLF?. Like can Mew use the Shadow Bind before Momo?.

Not saying he will, just wondering how we treat Me First.
No, not really.

If it can produce type T lifting strenght mmight be tough

Rocker1189 said:
Wouldnt he need to know shadow bind to do that, also def sounds like an NLF.
You can use an intended move that you dont have.
It can, indeed, learn how to use shadows and make them physical, so not really.

Mew can boost his special defense with Amnisia (didn't spell it right, I know) to help survive Momo's special attacks or his Aura Sphere if it's thrown back at him. Barrier helps defend against physical attacks.

It helps, sure, but an at least X2 AP difference (several times being interpreted as X2 seems a bit iffy, but meh) would make Momoshiki's attacks really sting anyways.

Barrier likely gets absorbed, but even if it isn't he doesn't go for close combat.

This is just a backup plan since Mew has Teleportation so he can easily avoid the attacks. Mew's psychic powers help as well, be it briefly holding Momo or diverting attacks. Ancient Power also might boost all of Mew's stats which can also help.

I doubt it would affect it quiet enough, plus couldn't Momo boost himself when fiering it back?

However due to Momo's Byakugan, Mew can't get a back shot unless he goes invisible because even if Momo sensed Mew he wouldn't know what attack he's going for. If Momo chooses to try and paralyze Mew with the Chakra Receivers, Mew can use Sycrinize (Spelled that one wrong to, I know...) to inflict the same paralysis.

Has it ever made its attacks invisible? And why would him trying to absorb it change on knowing or not what it does?

Lastly, if all else fails, Mew can use Transform and gain all of Momo's powers and abilities but I'm not sure if Mew would want to lose it's adorable looks ovo.

That would put mew against a version of itself that is a h2h expert juiced up by mews other attacks

Plus, Mew has worse stamina too

Back