• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two alien invaders fights each other (Base Momoshiki vs Saiyan Saga Vegeta)

Money’s on Momo. While this Vegeta is more reliant on h2h than in later arcs, he will Galick Gun, which will tire him and Momo will absorb. Furthermore, Vegeta’s skill isn’t what it’ll be later and mainly relies on domination via being a Saiyan (which was the point of the Saiyan Saga and Goku being better thanks to training). Momo should have exp on his side as well as better techniques.

Both Momoshiki and Vegeta are fighting alone. Great Ape is restricted, absorbing Kinshiki is restricted.
Fine for the Naruto dude I think, since that's a whole different key, but if want this to be added, you can't restrict Oozaru, per vs thread rules:
  • It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment.
  • An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added.
  • The match can also be added if Optional Equipments such as optional power-ups and items are restricted, or if the ability being restricted is indexed after a "Likely" or "Possibly" conditional.
Looking at the profile, Oozaru doesn't give a separate tier, so it can't be restricted

Money’s on Momo. While this Vegeta is more reliant on h2h than in later arcs, he will Galick Gun, which will tire him and Momo will absorb. Furthermore, Vegeta’s skill isn’t what it’ll be later and mainly relies on domination via being a Saiyan (which was the point of the Saiyan Saga and Goku being better thanks to training). Momo should have exp on his side as well as better techniques.

Why the hell is Vegeta using Galick gun, a finishing move, in this manner?

Remind me, what characters in DB have had absorption, and how were they fought? If this is anything like Goku vs Yakon, Vegeta dies instantly.

This might be what you’re looking for

Okay so a big ass attack got amped to an even bigger attack. Vegeta shooting a Ki blast wouldn’t be amped as much as you guys think it will. I’m referring to size btw in case I haven’t made myself clear. So yes Vegeta will dodge the reflected Ki blast and the explosion of the attack doesn’t matter since Vegeta isn’t taking the total energy of the explosion but only a mere fraction since he wasn’t hit directly.

There is no way Vegeta is shooting a garlic gun knowing about this ability.

Okay so a big ass attack got amped to an even bigger attack.
Killer B can normally tank that attack and get back up, and his injured state should be able to take the injured state's own attack. It was amped enough to knock him back into his base form.

Anyway, does Vegeta ever just shoot ONE Ki Blast?

From what though? Vegeta’s never fought an equal at this point. The moment he did (Goku) he was put on the backfoot.

this is a generalization fallacy. Goku and Momo are completely different characters with completely different capabilities aside from just strength.

Killer B can normally tank that attack and get back up, and his injured state should be able to take the injured state's own attack. It was amped enough to knock him back into his base form.

Anyway, does Vegeta ever just shoot ONE Ki Blast?

You have a history of nitpicking me in the most annoying and stupid way possible.

You intentionally quote me out of context and proceed to respond with something that has nothing to do with the original message

I’m referring to size btw in case I haven’t made myself clear. So yes Vegeta will dodge the reflected Ki blast and the explosion of the attack doesn’t matter since Vegeta isn’t taking the total energy of the explosion but only a mere fraction since he wasn’t hit directly.

My point is Vegeta will not get tagged by the absorption attack.

Last edited:
Anyways

While momo is not shown to be an expert H2H combatant, he's also not exactly a sitting duck either

Casual kick from him was enough to send someone relative in stats to him flying

I'd imagine that'll hurt to someone who's slightly weaker than him

+He can no sell attacks from those with relative AP to him via sheer durability

Vegeta isn't getting the jump on him (Byakugan tax)

Also
Vegeta throwing energy attacks at momo can simply serve to amp momo further
Convert to pills and stuffs

Worse case scenario I can see for momo is incon

Anyways

While momo is not shown to be an expert H2H combatant, he's also not exactly a sitting duck either

Casual kick from him was enough to send someone relative in stats to him flying

I'd imagine that'll hurt to someone who's slightly weaker than him

+He can no sell attacks from those with relative AP to him via sheer durability

Vegeta isn't getting the jump on him (Byakugan tax)

Also
Vegeta throwing energy attacks at momo can simply serve to amp momo further
Convert to pills and stuffs

Worse case scenario I can see for momo is incon

Vegeta’s endurance should allow him get stronger as the fight goes on so him being slightly weaker isn’t an issue. Vegeta eventually surpasses him.

Vegeta isn’t throwing energy attacks if Momo absorbs whatever he throws he’s not that stupid as we’ve mentioned several times. The amp is temporary and the attack getting reflected back on Vegeta will simply get dodged and whatever aftermath from the attack (an explosion) that hits Vegeta will simply be shrugged off since the energy of the attack will be far less than what hits Vegeta due to its dispersion. (The further away the target is from the epicenter of an explosion, the less energy hits him)

Okay so a big ass attack got amped to an even bigger attack. Vegeta shooting a Ki blast wouldn’t be amped as much as you guys think it will. I’m referring to size btw in case I haven’t made myself clear. So yes Vegeta will dodge the reflected Ki blast and the explosion of the attack doesn’t matter since Vegeta isn’t taking the total energy of the explosion but only a mere fraction since he wasn’t hit directly.

There is no way Vegeta is shooting a garlic gun knowing about this ability.
Katasuki's attacks weren't that large range but Momo's reflection made them so.

Vegeta’s endurance should allow him get stronger as the fight goes on so him being slightly weaker isn’t an issue. Vegeta eventually surpasses him.

Vegeta isn’t throwing energy attacks if Momo absorbs whatever he throws he’s not that stupid as we’ve mentioned several times. The amp is temporary and the attack getting reflected back on Vegeta will simply get dodged and whatever aftermath from the attack (an explosion) that hits Vegeta will simply be shrugged off since the energy of the attack will be far less than what hits Vegeta due to its dispersion. (The further away the target is from the epicenter of an explosion, the less energy hits him)
Until like, Super, the power growth in battle is completely unnoticeable. Being generous, it's until Cell.

Katasuki's attacks weren't that large range but Momo's reflection made them so.

That attack was almost half his size and the reflection was more than half his size. The attack was already large before it was amped. Compared a small ass Ki blast in comparison, it’ll only grow to a size that’s still very much dodgeable.

That attack was almost half his size and the reflection was more than half his size. The attack was already large before it was amped. Compared a small ass Ki blast in comparison, it’ll only grow to a size that’s still very much dodgeable.
? Are you talking about the manga or the anime? Cause it definitely became greatly larger with the amplification in the anime.
Also can and has Momo absorb a barrage of attacks at once?
I mean that's literally what Katasuki did.

I forgot to mention, Momoshiki has one game changer move here. Which is Shikamaru's Shadow Paralysis. He has that absorbed and stored when Shikamaru tried paralyzing him, and he can use it here. It's strong enough to paralyze 6 5-Bs at once, all of which are beyond baseline. And the original jutsu before it was absorbed can paralyze both Kinshiki and Momoshiki at once before he starts absorbing it.

Also, someone pointed out that I can't restrict Great Ape. If that's true I'll change the rules later.

You have a history of nitpicking me in the most annoying and stupid way possible.

You intentionally quote me out of context and proceed to respond with something that has nothing to do with the original message
No, I was just clarifying that being on the edge of the explosion would not necessarily help him. Isn't a big issue.

I forgot to mention, Momoshiki has one game changer move here. Which is Shikamaru's Shadow Paralysis. He has that absorbed and stored when Shikamaru tried paralyzing him, and he can use it here. It's strong enough to paralyze 6 5-Bs at once, all of which are beyond baseline. And the original jutsu before it was absorbed can paralyze both Kinshiki and Momoshiki at once before he starts absorbing it.

Also, someone pointed out that I can't restrict Great Ape. If that's true I'll change the rules later.

Can it paralyze those in flight?

Manga. Isn’t that canon?
Both are canon.
Momoshiki can weaken him by targeting Tenketsu, which inhibits the movement of the foe. All beings with Chakra have Tenketsu, and Vegeta has them via Verse Equalization. Continually hitting them seriously damages the body.
Vegeta isn’t throwing energy attacks if Momo absorbs whatever he throws he’s not that stupid as we’ve mentioned several times.
Goku did that in the Buu Saga.

I still don't see how Vegeta has a supposedly massive H2H advantage that would allow him to instant clap Momoshiki.
Momoshiki isn't bad at H2H whatsoever, he could casually send Naruto flying through a wall without putting in a lot of effort, he even was critiquing Kinshiki while Kinshiki was fighting. Also, Momoshiki beat Hinata at H2H, idk if y'all forgot that.
Even so, why are we assuming that Momoshiki would even let him get close enough for long enough to use said H2H? When Momoshiki (Base) fought Naruto and Sasuke, he spammed over a dozen Jutsu at them whilst giving them basically 0 time to react. What's to say he wouldn't just Caged Heat Arson gg?
Also, again, where is it stated that absorbing Kinshiki made Momoshiki more skilled?

I still don't see how Vegeta has a supposedly massive H2H advantage that would allow him to instant clap Momoshiki.
Being more skilled than guys more skilled than guys more skilled than Kami or some shit, idk.
Momoshiki isn't bad at H2H whatsoever, he could casually send Naruto flying through a wall without putting in a lot of effort, he even was critiquing Kinshiki while Kinshiki was fighting.
Agree 100 on him being Kinshiki level
Also, Momoshiki beat Hinata at H2H, idk if y'all forgot that.
To be fair, he's way stronger.
Even so, why are we assuming that Momoshiki would even let him get close enough for long enough to use said H2H?
Starts at melee range
When Momoshiki (Base) fought Naruto and Sasuke, he spammed over a dozen Jutsu at them whilst giving them basically 0 time to react. What's to say he wouldn't just Caged Heat Arson gg?
I swear if you keep making banger points like this, I am going to hug you through the screen.
Also, again, where is it stated that absorbing Kinshiki made Momoshiki more skilled?
I would consider it possible, but not significant.

Isn't great ape like a 10x amp?

It's practically a stomp by then

Unless momoshiki retreats into another dimension until Vegeta tires out

Isn't great ape like a 10x amp?

It's practically a stomp by then

Unless momoshiki retreats into another dimension until Vegeta tires out
The thing with using the Power Ball is that it is very draining. If Momoshiki doesn't give him a moment's notice, he either won't get a chance to use it or will be too drained to activate it.

The thing with using the Power Ball is that it is very draining. If Momoshiki doesn't give him a moment's notice, he either won't get a chance to use it or will be too drained to activate it.
Because of the Time section of SBA, it'd be a night of a full moon, if I'm not mistaken.
Time: The time and date are chosen in such a fashion that all characters are at their strongest. Paradoxes like it being night for one character, while being day for another are acceptable here. If extreme advantages are generated via this regulation to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.

Back