• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SoSP got his powers from kaguya, and kaguya got it from either being an ookutsuki or eating a chakra fruit, both of which are true for Momoshiki.

Okay, I'm confused. Does he or does he not have the same type of chakra as Kaguya? Because being of the same race doesn't grant someone the same traits, and the fruits probably have different properties.

That's kinda how nature works in real life, man... Not everything is created equal. You'd have to prove that eating a chakra fruit from an entirely different tree iirc actually does have the exact same properties as the one from before.

In naruto chakra types are ereditary, wich is why Momo notes that Boruto has Okotsuki blood in him, and that that makes him special. Or why Boruto got one of kurama's powers (can see negative emotions instead of sensing them)

As such, Kaguya either got it through being part of the clan or by eating a chakra fruit. Which Momo also did.

And assuming fruits have different properties is just a headcanon.

The real cal howard said:
That's kinda how nature works in real life, man... Not everything is created equal. You'd have to prove that eating a chakra fruit from an entirely different tree iirc actually does have the exact same properties as the one from before.
They plant the same tree tough...

I'll pass on the fruits for now, but the "part of the clan" thing is just as much headcanon. Can every human do what Gaara can do, for example, due to being of the same race?

There are 2 types of Fruits we saw.

First type is the fruit of God tree,Momo has a planet filled with those fruits and ate a lot of them.

And People that he transmutes into fruits,like 8 tails and Kinshiki..

The difference in them is only the size.

The real cal howard said:
I'll pass on the fruits for now, but the "part of the clan" thing is just as much headcanon. Can every human do what Gaara can do, for example, due to being of the same race?
Ookutsuki are reffered to as a clan, not a race.

And anybody from gaara's clan can do what he can, yes.

Mew via stat boosting

Boosts himself,fires a projectile or whatever at Momoshiki,gets it back even more boosted.

Man I hate these lazy votes when people just write down characters abilities.

when you eat the chakra fruits you automatically get SOSP chakra. Kaguya got her power from the divine tree. THe only reason hag had sosp chakra was because he was her son. the only known wahy to get sosp chakra is by being related to the Clan and having senjutsu, in other words natural energy. THats why naruto can use SOSP chakra after hag gave him power even tho Naruto at first already has sage chakra. The same for why Sasuke can use SPC. ITs really just a DNA thing

Sorry, was out for a while. I saw a vote for both Momo and Mew so I added them. However after reading the latest replies, here's what i'll say:

1.) Momo extending his arm to absorb jutsu was simply a tad bit of explaining he uses up stamina for whatever he does, including this. Momo doesnt have endless endurance and assuming he can keep spamming power absorbing forever is borderline NLF. Also, while it shouldnt be my concern, im surprised no one here has argued for Mew to just destroy the rinnegan eye? After seeing the episode, it's made pretty clear that Momo's rinnegan can't absorb something if its damaged, shown when Sasuke pierced it with a Kunai. After a few moves being absorbed, it's not strange for Mew to realize it can stop it by targetting the rinnegan on Momo's arm. Mew is not an idiot. But thats up to the voters, not me.

2.) Im also going to have to call NLF on Momo absorbing things without needing to extend his arms or by just being near attacks. The latter honestly sounds wankish to me as I don't recall that ever happening. That would mean Momo can passively absorb attacks, which is flat out false. Like Dragon asked, this bit needs to be sourced. And until it is, im continuing to call NLF on this.

3.) I won't get into the middle of the paralysis stuff rn since like Cal said it's not even on Momo's page. But it's best to leave that bit out until a CRT actually gets it added in.

4.) I saw the latest episode and people are semi-exaggerating the difference between Momo's final form and Naruto and Sasuke. Was Momo giving them a good beating? Yes. But he wasn't curbstomping them outside of base forms. Both parties, if anything, were on equal footing.

5.) About comparing psychic to Shikamaru's shadow possession, I agree w/ cal that it's a false equivalancy but not just for the reasons he gave. The reason Momo was able to abosrb Shikamaru's shadows was because they explicity covered Momo's body like a tangible blanket. Psychic doesn't do that in the slightest. It makes the target glow when lifting them as TK. As such, it's not covering or latching onto anything like the shadows themselves do to get sucked in. Matter of fact, IIRC, this isnt even shadow binding. Shikamaru has another shadow jutsu where the shadows actually stitch onto the opponent. Shadow Stiching? Forget the name, but its different from Shadow binding. Also, sure shadows aren't projectiles but only when they're, like, not moving and are just normal shadows. If your using shadow manipulation to actually move and manipulate them for a move, then they aren't just simple shadows anymore but more so physical projectiles, otherwise Shikaku's shadow strangling jutsu wouldnt be able to actually strangle targets now would they?

6.) Im also agreeing with the 5-A stuff for Momo and Kaguya not being the same as Jiren and IZ. Kaguya is not 5-A outside of ETSB, she is normally 5-B, which Momo is scaled to. It's a special attack with prep thats far beyond her normal abilities, assuming Momo would be beyond that as well is speculation. Just like we don't make Jiren 2-C for assuming he's beyond 2-C IZ, we dont make Momo 5-A for being beyond Kaguyas ETSB. He lacks the feats.

7.) One small thing. Kaguya holding 5-A level chakra isnt the same as a baby jinchuraki holding a tailed beast. The latter is sealing an entirely separate being with their own chakra reserves inside another person. The former is literally just wielding chakra as their own power.

8) Im also going to agree on "being of the same clan doesnt mean you get everything" stuff. Not every Uchiua suddenly gets a sharingan, much less a Mangekyo sharingan. Not every Uzumaki becomes suddenly skilled in sealing. Not every Senju can use wood release. Not every Hyuga is able to use the Byakugan. They have the potential to do these things. Potential =/= will without actual feats or training.

Thats it for now.

So, im on a phone, and wont have acces to internet for two days, so I won't be able to properly respond, but I wanted to point some stuff out:

1 the shadkw restriction us capable of leaping into air, so not only does it work if the shadow gets captured, but also by leaping up for mew.It also should not be reflected because moves that physicaly strangle enemies, preventing them from escaping and damaging them, do not get reflected. And Mew making a restriction with type T restriction seems NLF of its own.

2 The point of absorption is while he does not have it, he can absorb the amount of chakra kaguya has, and activly absorbing energy should not give you stamina problems, and even if it did, Momo still scales to enough stamina that he can take the strain. Stamina goes like this: several hours of fighting<dozens of naruto clones, with each having divided their stamina by 2 for every clone<Tailed beasts<normal juubi jinchuriki<kaguya~momoshiki

3 Pure energy can be absorbed, and pshycic directly affects the eye. There is no reason for Momo to be unable to absorb that. Beyond that, TK can't be used to restrain him or trash him around due to lifting strenght differences.

4 Momo, while having a fair mach with Naruto and Sasuke, later absorbed more chakra pills and was going to kill them in one hit

Also, he could trash out the lava golem, that would also give him an advantage, a lretty big one too, as it can take damage whiteout affecting him and it being millions of times stronger lifting strenght wise.

5.Psychic doesn't do that in the slightest. It makes the target glow when lifting them as TK. As such, it's not covering or latching onto anything like the shadows themselves do to get sucked in.

If psychic power doesn't cover him with energy or whatever then Momo can not absorb it,but this doesn't matter Momo can fly himself and has better lifting strength,TK is useless.

6.Im also agreeing with the 5-A stuff for Momo and Kaguya not being the same as Jiren and IZ. Kaguya is not 5-A outside of ETSB, she is normally 5-B, which Momo is scaled to. It's a special attack with prep thats far beyond her normal abilities, assuming Momo would be beyond that as well is speculation. Just like we don't make Jiren 2-C for assuming he's beyond 2-C IZ, we dont make Momo 5-A for being beyond Kaguyas ETSB. He lacks the feats.

It looks like you have only read Cal's arguments,not ours.No one here said that Momoshiki is 5-A,Momomshiki can absorb up to 5-A level attacks,chakra capacity=/=power.

7.What is that even about?

8.Im also going to agree on "being of the same clan doesnt mean you get everything" stuff. Not every Uchiua suddenly gets a sharingan, much less a Mangekyo sharingan. Not every Uzumaki becomes suddenly skilled in sealing. Not every Senju can use wood release. Not every Hyuga is able to use the Byakugan. They have the potential to do these things. Potential =/= will without actual feats or training.

Every Uchiha that trains has sharingan,I don't know why you brought MS,everyone can get MS if they have 3 tomoe Sharingan,not every Uzumaki is suddenly skilled in sealing but they all suddenly have greater life force and red hair.Wood Release isn't the power of Senju,it is the power of Hashirama.Everyone who trains in Huyga family can obtain byakugan,their family has strong rules and hierarchy so not everyone is allowed to be a ninja.

Kaguya and Momoshiki are from the same clan,they ate the same fruits,use almost the same jutsus.

4 I saw the latest episode and people are semi-exaggerating the difference between Momo's final form and Naruto and Sasuke. Was Momo giving them a good beating? Yes. But he wasn't curbstomping them outside of base forms. Both parties, if anything, were on equal footing.

Angy Momoshiki almost killed Sasuke if not for Naruto then easily stomped Naruto's Kurama Avatar.Yes,Momoshiki can destroy them when he is angry and he destroys them even more badly in 1v1,Momoshiki didn't even use shadow binding in their fight.He destroyed Sasuke in their last encounter.

THe clan thing that i was talking about means thtat everyone who uses SOSP powers got them from Kaguya. Where did Kaguya get them from?? Oh yeah the DIvine Fruit which gives the natural chakra of the planet to the eater. Momoshiki has the same powers as Kaguya and has eaten more fruits then her. Thats why he is resistant to his own status effects like paralysis and bind because he already has SPC and SOPC

Back