• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Two characters Smashtwig called "fake sword characters" because neither of them have sword beams. I like SAO (I'm in the minority, I know) and uh... well I guess I sort of have to like Mogar, being that he's my Player Character.

Everything above 7-B is restricted, speed is equalized for obvious reasons.

Who wins and why?

Mogar of the Yeomanry: 4 (Smashtwig, Mr. Bambu, Darkmon, DMUA)

Kirito (SAO:TTRPG):

Incon:

Unknown: Xmark, Darkmon

Mr. Bambu said:
I like SAO

If you're not referring to the Tabletop version of SAO I believe I will have to unleash a can of EXTERMINATUS

... Unless you're referring to the Light Novels and not the anime

Just

Please tell me not the anime

I plead the fifth

let's just stop playing beat-up-bambu and playing who-kills-who

Okay so

How in character is it for Mogar to hax

Cause 11 Megatons vs >>>>>62 Megatons is not going to end well for him if he's a basic CQC boi

Not to mention Sword Skill Speed amps would blitz Mogar and, considering Kirito's willing to kill, surefire cause his demise. Note that it's very much so in character for Kirito to open up with a Sword Skill, not necessarily Starburst Stream or Eclipse, but definitely something that would end the fight right then and there.

• Mogar has speed amp
  • Arguably more experienced, being that most of his life he's been an adventurer and by this key he is 42 years old and has tangled with gods
  • Very in character to knock projectiles back at the target, as in, Kirito's darts
  • His personal brand of OHK occurs on about 25% of attacks, and is in practice just his sword supernaturally decapitating people

• Does he use it immediately as the fight starts
  • Doesn't save him from rolfblitz unless he's used it to square off against it
  • Kirito never really uses darts in a straight up fight, he saves them for special occasions usually. Reason why they come up so much in other threads is because they're special occasions (Anatatos' Regen, Wayne's Magnet Shield, Ethan's Sanic Speed amps)
  • Okay cool but 25% of 0 is kinda still zero instances of Mogar not dying assuming Kirito can just outright blitz and murder him

• Yes
  • He has, ever heard of a Quickling? They have a Relativistic calc about on VSBW, and Mogar has fought them boyo
  • Noted.
  • It isn't 0 boyo, as Mogar has the aforementioned speed amp to counter Kirito's. They're still going to be about equal.

• Oh okay. But that's only a 2x increase in comparison to Kirito's "lol blitz" mode. He'll definitely be better off then he usually would, but he's still facing a massive gap
  • That's one of three things
    • Mogar not actually being Hypersonic considering that a Hypersonic would in no way shape or form be able to actually hit a Rel creature unless said creature was a complete idiot who basically walked into the centimeter by centimeter moving attacks (lest, cm by cm from the Rel's perception)
    • A massive outlier
    • DND and RNG being DND and RNG
I know not which of these options, but, one thing's for sure, I'm calling MASSIVE FORKERY on that one

• Somewhat wrong. It is 2x speed blitz that stacks and can be used multiple times. Mogar keeps a few Haste things stored on him since, and this is a fun fact thing right here, when he was in his High 8-C key I almost transformed him into a Kirito clone- he had two elemental swords and focused almost purely on speed amping and flight. On a more relevant note, Mogar can keep multiplying speed via stacking haste.
  • It hasn't been discussed yet, Azzy brought up the feat but generally speaking, Quicklings can view lightning as if it were standing still. I'm sure it came out to Sub-Rel to Rel. Either way, that'd be Reactions, but still. Mogar is used to fighting people faster than him, notably Arcanther and Vaerun, both of whom are some 3-4x faster than Mogar is.

Okay

How long does haste last? Kirito can activate plenty of Sword Skills to deflect and counter as he's amped, so, as long as the timeframe ain't too drastic, he'd be fine probably. Of course, in straight up CQC... Decapitation might be a problem. Not that it would kill him due to how the game works, but he'd probably be basically incaped if it doesn't just leave a scar wound like with most attacks. Of course, that assumes that Mogar ever gets the chance to hit with his sword. Another thing Kirito likes doing is pulling Seven Deadly Sins, a skill specifically designed to break someone's weapon. Or at least, have a chance in a Strength vs Strength struggle. And considering both Kirito's AP and Lifting Strength is a lot higher then Mogar, that's going to end very very badly for him if it hits.

>Viewing lightning as frozen

>Rel

ugggghhhhhh

His speed amp isn't long. It came from Thordin, who is level 40, so 40 rounds.

That generally equates to, in D&D terms, anywhere from 4 minutes to 20 minutes, depending on the definition. I prefer the 4 minutes one. Still, long enough to get through a fight.

Coincidentally, Mogar's sword is built to resist physical destruction. Most high-tier D&D weapons can get that. And uh... no offense meant, Mogar's gear has tanked damage from higher stuff than Kirito. Mogar hasn't, granted, but Mogar's gear was relatively okay after a Vaerun-level character beat on him. That'd be at least a 7-A character, mind you. the fact that mogar nearly died is irrelevant

Now that all of those methods for Kirito to win are out there, I'm just gonna put forward some of Mogar's stuff, since he's been entirely on the defensive this fight.

Can Kirito counter...

• Mogar just "lolrezzing" nine total times after death thanks to the Ring of Nine Lives
  • Passive fear manipulation that occurs each time he moves towards you
  • Having permanent invisible forcefields around him
  • Negating magic weapons upon making contact with him (I don't think there was magic in OG SAO, but just in case you guys added it, posting this)
  • Mogar chucking the Golden Orb of Compulsion at him
  • B L U R (basically makes afterimages of Mogar appear that makes it harder to hit the real one)
I know Kirito hard-counters flight, which is fine coz Mogar rarely uses it since it requires some amount of focus. But the other stuff above he absolutely spams against beings he doesn't immediately kill.

I'd also like to note that Mogar is pretty far superior to the 7-B feat performed by Wrathian. Mogar, in this key, is level 40. Wrathian performed the feat at level 26.

Holey forking heck that seems almost unfair

Kirito can break weapons which never have their dura exhausted, not even when performing High 7-A attacks. Which probably isn't going to be the cap this game is going to hit, let's be fair. IE: He'll be fine breaking it with Seven Deadly Sins

• Powernull Dart (which negates Resistances) works if he's gonna play like that
  • I'm not gonna even continue scrolling cause this now just seems like a Chuck Norris completely onesided rolfing
  • Meh heck it might as well continue
  • Hitting him alot with what's still like 6 times his AP
    • Also if he's that superior why isn't he an At least
  • Aincrad only has 1 magical tool in this version and it's a last hit bonus for a boss who'll never respawn (IE The Strict Hermit)
  • He resists mindhax to a minor degree (probably too minor to be honest) and can just not get hit
  • High Perception negates this

I was asleep so I didn't get back for 7-8 hours

Didn't stop him

DMUA

Did you notice that anything above 7-B is restricted? You mentioned High 7-A attacks before in your post.

(Not trying to start something not qualified enough with either to debat about this just pionting it out)

That's pertaining to the Durability of weapons that Kirito can break, not the sort of firepower Kirito can pull

I mean....

I don't really think it's durability negation, it's just breaking the weapon with brute Lifting Strength....

I dunno, I'd have to ask Mark.

Then your still generating AP to destory it as that's the sane thing as brute force. Really it should be A stracking strength feat.

Yes.

Kirito would be High 7-A via breaking weapons that withstand such attacks, Gergy would be Stronger then him so Smite would be 6-C, Kirito would be able to break weapons that can withstand such attacks, Gergy's stronger so Smite would be High 6-C, Kirito can break weapons that withstand such attacks, Gergy is stronger so Smite is Low 6-B...

You see where I'm going with this

If it's a very specific abilitie it would still be a high 7-A attack that's just very restrictive... so by the current rules you still wouldn't be able to use it.

you should probably talk to bambu about that when he gets back.

You missed the point

Point is is that if Kirito can break weapons with High 7-A dura he'd be High 7-A and cause an infinite Gergy induced loop

So I really don't know, either way, the Strength stat, used for bare handed attacks and lifting, is what determines if a weapon actually breaks when hit with Seven Deadly Sins

I mean.. your the one that said he can... I just pointed out what that implys if it wasn't durability negation.

Edit: and no i did not miss the point

Man I'm not the DM all I know is that this is way more confusing then I thought

DMUA said:
Man I'm not the DM all I know is that this is way more confusing then I thought
Sense you said it was only with the ability seven deadly sins it dose seem more like a extremely limited in application High AP attack to me.

Mark just got back to me, yeah it's limited durability negation

I'll see if Bambu minds me adding that to the profile

So let's see this

• Power Null dart, which he doesn't use in character and Mogar has equipment to specifically reflect back at the user, so now... Kirito is power nulled.
  • That's a thing Mogar has. I can dig up the feat description if you like, but basically, once you hit a certain number of hit dice, every time you make an attack, you cause instant Intimidation rolls against everyone around you. In D&D, not a huge deal, people can resist it.
  • Permanent Greater Mage Armor by the way. Peramanency spell is busted.
  • Because I don't believe in pegging people at "At least" because they are superior to a creature so low to baseline. I'm very certain Mogar is, currently, 7-B. But he is pretty far above the level 26 party that actually did the 7-B feat.
  • Fair enough, was just making sure you guys didn't flip the rules.
  • "can just not get hit" is technically an argument I guess.
  • No it doesn't. It doesn't even do that in D&D. Magic sight can, if it works through illusions.

Also pretty certain adding things mid-match are fine just not applicable to the match by this wiki's rules (I think I read that). Either way I don't think slight dura negging matters.

• he doesn't use it immediately in ordinary circumstances
  • >Not a big deal in a verse where everyone resists
Okay yeah I'm just not going to continue

Kirito gets flattened by passive spookery GG no re

Would it help if I said you could add dura neg? I don't remember if that's against the rules but I personally don't mind.

• Noted, but in this case he shouldn't what with the shield specifically designed to deflect projectiles and spells back at the user
  • oh

DMUA said:
That's not a vote that's Kirito getting stomped
In what way

Perhaps I described it wrong. It isn't passive as in, the visage of Mogar causes fear. D&D has not afforded me that yet, sadly. It's more like any hostile action Mogar takes has the side effect of supernatural fear.

So Mogar literally just

Walks

And Kirito bails

Kirito still can't exactly do squat, especially considering Mogar has 4 KM of room to walk with.

Not walks, but stuff like

Pointing a sword at him

And Mogar's fearhax is closerange

Back