• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
After three rounds of fights, it's time for our finale! Funny enough, both characters are from the same verse! But let's not waste and time!

Rules!
  • Speed is equalized
  • Fight takes place in an open grass field, both fighters starting 50 meters apart
  • Fights must end in death, knockouts, or BFR

WHO IS OUR CHAMPION?
Kai:
(Baseline, 1 Megaton of TNT)

Gergy: 4
(1.45 Megatons of TNT)

THE SKELETON CLUTCH LETS GO!!!:
(Inconclusive)

Last edited:

The Tank of the Party. Armored with almost the best defense in all of Aincrad, standing at about 1.83 meters tall with a sword just as long as him. He doesn't have the Agility of Zeke, or the sheer burst of power that Kirito can output, or Heathcliff's ability to block hits, but on those last two fronts, he was the closest of any clearer. He negated status effects by just blocking, he could block sword thrusts from centimeters away, he could withstand a Final Burst and pummel whoever tried it.

Unfortunately, that's not me. That's my boyfriend, Gergy. I'm squaring off against him in all my 1.52 meter glory, soon as that duel timer lets me cross the 50 meters between us. I don't exactly make as much of a name of myself as him... It's not like I'm underleveled, I've got my fair share of skills, I've fought on his side more times than I can count, but the extravagant stuff was all on him. I never got final burst pre-summit, and even if I did, smite did an extra 3 hits in one. I'm not the one who rallied the party together a whole month after the game started from floor 1, I'm not the one that... held off the Radius Gatekeeper from Sage for as long as he could.

I take a good look at the one who did. A long time ago, we both went on a big quest chain to get the ability to change our appearance. Didn't really do as advertised, it just opened the possibility for cosmetic alterations based on what we did. And his eyes just... looked so tired. The expression itself wasn't pretty, but the bags under his eyes extenuate it. Maybe he's thinking about how this is the second time we've fought... I really broke down the first time. Guess I just really wasn't prepared for him to play it straight and fight like that, but... it ended up taking a lot more out of him then it did me, I guess.

He used to always have a spring in his step. He felt a little bit like he... wasn't really in our world, he's done a lot of dumb things and said a lot of really weird stuff since I've known him. Sure, I guess his perspective's had to crash down to earth, but I really miss the way he used to smile. Maybe this fight is the only way to bridge that divide. Timer's running out, so I only have room to say one thing to him. What can I say to say my big ol' lovable autistic boyfriend...

Just one option really shows itself.

"I love you."

A faint light struck in his eyes when I blurted that out, as flush as that made my cheeks. He only said one thing back.

"I love you too."

The timer hit 0, and we both fired off Sonic Leap.
I'll probably write more, at least by the time the votes are in, but here's an opener.

Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object. Passive Stacking vs Sword Skills. Boy vs Girl.

Considering they're from the same game, their arsenals are a lot better tuned against each other's capabilities. Sword Skill modifiers got unbalanced by the end of the run, but thanks to their type 2, it was damage, not an ability to instantly cause crippling and lethal injuries by outpacing their ability to defend. However, in a one on one battle, one's got a lot more favor than the other. Thanks to Battle Healing, time is on Gergy's side, while every hit Kai takes is going to leave a lasting impression on her HP. She could theoretically try to outrun him with Trickster Style and use Meditation, but it would take an incredibly long time to get enough of a distance that Gergy wouldn't be able to catch up soon enough to interrupt her, on top of the fact her much lower strength means Oblivion's Chains could easily shut her down. On the topic of strength, her ability to Disarm Gergy or break his weapon is going to be an uphill battle (outside of Senda, which just relies on pure RNG), and Gergy can easily hit back with Martial arts even if it does work, still whittling away at Kai as things go along. Phantom Rave can deal solid damage, but True Damage is something Tank can resist, and it doesn't kill.

In short, it's a matchup between a character that's relied on bursts of power to deal real damage before she's worn down, against a character with some burst value and the durability to withstand immense damage over a prolonged battle. The outcome's going to lean one way more than another.

Last edited:
Although I don't like this match, it surely feels epic reading this, with the music playing

Does It mean Gergy gonna win in the long run?

To be crystal clear, I'm throwing the vote to Gergy

I'll admit, it was a bit foolish to try and catch everyone up on like, years and years of context, so I don't blame anyone for not really being into the matchup

All the same, I'd like to thank everyone for keeping civil the whole way through the tournament up to this point, and the opportunity to look at all the insanity that was SAO Tabletop way back in the day

I think I'll write one last post for the final outcome once all the votes are in

I don’t think many people know more about either of these characters than DMUA. So I’m gonna follow his lead.

Gergy FRA

Well, I'll keep my promise and send this off as grace comes to a close.

Granted I wrote that at about 9 and it is now 1 AM, so I'm not sure it's my best stuff.

Edit: I gave it another once over the day after, so hopefully this draft comes off with a bit more omph.

It's pretty dumb, isn't it? Trying to break your boyfriend out of his trauma by fighting him man to man like you're in some shonen manga...

But playing this game was something that he loved. Where words had difficulty turning him around, the excitement of a fight slowly brought that light back into his eyes, and it was something only I could really pull off.
It wasn't just exciting to have each hit become a narrower dodge, each counter more precarious to pull off without him being the one to counter me. I could feel joy returning to him even if through the clash of the blade, and that made me happy as well. Maybe that's the only way a relationship as weird as ours could ever have a chance of sparking again.

He hits me with his first sword skill. Just a horizontal, sweeping across my chest and echoing through the wind, washing over the area. I can almost feel the tension from how solidly he made that hit, wondering if he did something wrong, but with a smile, it vanished. I gave a cocky little smile and changed my stance, looking straight into his eyes.

"Took ya long enough. IKUZO!"

The ground started shattering beneath us as our sword skills let us go all out, cracking until a sea of purple from the slew of [IMMORTAL OBJECT] follows the red pixels flying off in every direction. Even hitting him this hard, he felt like a steamroller, barreling through with momentum I couldn't stop even if I wanted to... But I was starting to get to half health, so he could definitely stop me earlier than I was hoping.

I cycle through trump cards in my head. I couldn't fire off deadly sins or snake bite in time, but... my sword was in only one of my hands. I fired off a Vertical, smokescreening as just another part of my attacks as I ready my real plan in my left hand.

SENDA

My hand soared forward into the chest wound my blade had marked, his body folding over just that little bit as his sword flew out of his hand. But he only took a second to process what was happening, as his own hand clenched.

SENDA

I felt my body and my sword flying back, and when I regained my footing, his fist was already flying right for my face. I used Gengetsu, kicking it out of the way and giving us both distance from each other, which we closed the next split-second with an exchange of blows from either side. I was dodging and countering, and he was blocking my counters just to throw another swing. One of them came in as a hook to the side, so I ducked down, only to see something blur into my face and launch me into the air.

Right, Instinct. It took openings, and made your attacks really fast as a bonus. By the time I processed that, I felt his hands on my back, grabbing onto me and slamming me right back down into the ground. He throws a big overhead punch while I'm bouncing up, but with my bearings had, I threw my hand up to find leverage on his forearm, allowing me to swing both of my legs into a kick into his back, giving him his turn on the ground as I roll and bounce back up to my feet. He didn't take too long to throw himself up too, whipping around to face me.

I raised my hand to do that old school "come at me" gesture, but he one upped me by just shrugging with both of his arms out to either side. But, it was posturing, and I took the chance to throw a punch at his wide open chest, but even when it connects, he grabs me and shuffles behind, both arms around my abs.

"Wait, wha-"

"This is a girl's thing, but guess who?"

I couldn't believe he was seriously doing that again, but he didn't even use a full nelson on both of my arms, so I can just-

I realize we're both off the ground the moment I shift my body to elbow him in the face, which he takes like a champ as we soar straight into the air, slamming into the bottom of the floor above us. I try getting footing, but considering this was his plan more than mine, he gets it first and sends us both flying back down into the floor. With not much I can do to really stop the descent, I realize what he's pulling. It's not a sword skill, but it's something I remember from way back when we were on the second floor... He's got his own deep cuts, I guess.

SUPLEX

Our final impact onto the ground was meteoric, invoking a sea of [IMMORTAL OBJECT] as an explosion of dust signals the end of our duel. He break the hold, and I didn't try to either. The last thing I wanted to do was to put distance between us again.

"... Thank you."

"I was kinda doing this for us. Don't sweat it."

That grapple held for a while.

Last edited:
Back