• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I first think we need to make the thread about anime profiles being added before we can do anything either

I don't know if it counts but...

"Personally, I have no issue with the anime feats. The manga suffers greatly from ONE's less than stellar art style, especially in pixel scaling and the anime is a one-to-one adaptation anyway. Naturally of course, it depends on what the calculations group says."

That's what Planck69 said

well considering this from staff and one's own work and opinions on the anime I suppose it's fine to use these feats then

So far it’s 1 staff member is ok with the merge and 1 staff member isn’t.

Personally I think the anime should just be considered the primary canon to Mob Psycho 100 but that’s just me.

But if anime profiles must be made then I guess so. Just gonna be tedious is all 💀

Can you then leave an assessment of the calculations that I threw to you?
I also threw you a link to one of the calculations from the manga in your profile. If it is accepted, then we can use it for now
I mentioned before that I can’t comment. The mobile version is being very weird for me rn

Do you agree with the use of anime exploits for profiles?
I just want you to state your full position so I can use that in the poll.
Yes, the anime feats should be used. The manga is a victim of ONE’s admittedly less than stellar art style, and it makes calculating feats a bitch. Anime feats should be used for Mob Psycho

One is an excellent author, but subpar artist, getting anything from the original work is unreasonable imo. Anime is fine to use.

The Mogami feat though feels kinda iffy to me, been a while but pretty sure it was like in a dream, which wasn't even made out of real stuff.

Like I've said, I'm of the mind that using the anime feats is fine. Unlike other mangas, not only does ONE'S art style make sizes and perspectives very inconsistent and hard to use, but we actually have the anime as an alternative for it, and a 1:1 adaptation of the feats with the only difference being the calculated values.

So if we are going to use anime feats primarily, count me in.

And regarding Mogami's world, personally I'm neutral towards its use. It can wait until after we settle the anime-manga feat issues.

Why are we considering the feats that took place in Mogami's mental landscape as applicable to real world Mob again?

Nothing suggests this
Because Mogami World is an exact replica of Spice City and Mob didn't notice any difference after living there for half a year. You can chalk it up to mind manipulation, but even in such a weakened form, he had a high resistance and noticed various unnatural changes.
Moreover, the Mogami World is precisely the physical embodiment of the city in the mental world. Physics is at work here and time flows. Buildings collapse, water flows, and objects can fall. If the city were a mirage, but it would be distorted and scattered under the influence of extrasensory forces, as happens with evil spirits. However, we see real destruction.
In the MP100 world, by the way, there is something similar. We are talking about ethereal bodies. They are complete twins of the user. They can interact with the world directly physically and are a complete copy of a person, although they consist of psychic energy.
Also, we have already seen that spirits in the non-physical state have the same power as in the physical.
The weakened Mogami instantly sucked the life out of a number of espers, defeated one of the strongest five, created a golem from vegetation hundreds of meters high, and turned the sky blood red.
The same Dimple considered his physical incarnation to be his peak, although he managed to visit a vessel that contains a similar spiritual world and managed to destroy all the spirits there.
And even after the destruction of Mogami's vessel, when he could not maintain or change his world in any way, the city continued to exist until "???" didn't destroy it.
In the event that the city was not a full-fledged replica, but an illusion, then the city would dissipate. But no. Even souls that were more powerful than the Mogami vessel could only inflict physical damage, destroying and melting everything around, but not dispelling the cursed energy.

Looking at one of the anime calcs that already have be used from years it seems like @Dargoo_Faust was also in favor to use the anime so if you count him then that's another staff that aprove using the anime.

I myself also think that it should be used because is a 1:1 adaptation and the only differences are visual ones brought by the fact that the anime is done by people who know how to draw and are professionals in that instead of ONE who barely know how to do ti.

Regarding the Mogami world, initially I was also kinda iffy but some of the arguments in favor to use them changed my mind, at worst a possible rating could be the option to go if people isn't too sure about it.

I'm fine with the feat personally but if not then "At least 6-A, likely High 6-A" works for me.
Feat 6-A was rejected and downgraded to High 6-C.

I have an old version of the cloud feat giving a 6-B/High 6-B level using horizon visibility based on altitude. However, users and a member of the calculation team were told to stick to 20 km.
However, if this is accepted, then we will get a feat supporting High 6-A

Not likes
Cloud settlement with 6-B will most likely not be accepted.

What did we decide with anime profiles? It looks like a member of the calculation and several moderators of the topic do not mind

Serizawa shouldn't have Technopathy?

The image doesn't load here I leave the link

What did we decide with anime profiles? It looks like a member of the calculation and several moderators of the topic do not mind
Everyone seems to be in support with using the anime including majority staff members as opposed to the webcomic due to ONE’s particular art style.

So it looks like the two are being merged instead of new anime only profiles being made.

Not likes
Cloud settlement with 6-B will most likely not be accepted.

Wait so mogami's feat will be 6-B or it's the other feat?

Serizawa shouldn't have Technopathy?

The image doesn't load here I leave the link
Yes, it's worth adding.

I think it's approved? But maybe it would be best if the new higher values for stuff in Mogami's world are given a "possibly" rating

I would prefer using the High 6-A key without "likely" as it is the key for Bravery mode.
From which 100% Suzuki scales and "???"

Because Mogami World is an exact replica of Spice City and Mob didn't notice any difference after living there for half a year. You can chalk it up to mind manipulation, but even in such a weakened form, he had a high resistance and noticed various unnatural changes.
Moreover, the Mogami World is precisely the physical embodiment of the city in the mental world. Physics is at work here and time flows. Buildings collapse, water flows, and objects can fall. If the city were a mirage, but it would be distorted and scattered under the influence of extrasensory forces, as happens with evil spirits. However, we see real destruction.
In the MP100 world, by the way, there is something similar. We are talking about ethereal bodies. They are complete twins of the user. They can interact with the world directly physically and are a complete copy of a person, although they consist of psychic energy.
Also, we have already seen that spirits in the non-physical state have the same power as in the physical.
The weakened Mogami instantly sucked the life out of a number of espers, defeated one of the strongest five, created a golem from vegetation hundreds of meters high, and turned the sky blood red.
The same Dimple considered his physical incarnation to be his peak, although he managed to visit a vessel that contains a similar spiritual world and managed to destroy all the spirits there.
And even after the destruction of Mogami's vessel, when he could not maintain or change his world in any way, the city continued to exist until "???" didn't destroy it.
In the event that the city was not a full-fledged replica, but an illusion, then the city would dissipate. But no. Even souls that were more powerful than the Mogami vessel could only inflict physical damage, destroying and melting everything around, but not dispelling the cursed energy.
All of this takes place inside a possesed girls head, this is not debatable

Just because it looks and behaves like the real world does not automatically make it an alternate dimension, we need explicite statements in order to treat it as such, we don't do this for other verses and we won't do it here.

Using your line of thinking an argument for far higher levels of power based on nothing other than the fact that Mob destroyed this mental world can be made.

Also Mogami is still alive after Mob defeats him, he just let's his spirits go after him after he loses

There's really no argument there that he created an entire "Dimension" hundreds of kilometers in size in a world that is explicitly stated to be a mental one

Mogami's vessel was destroyed and he would have died permanently if Mob hadn't destroyed all the spirits. He speaks about this in plain text and he could not influence and maintain his world in any way.
Even after that, Mob and evil spirits could only cause physical harm to the city.

Throughout the fight, the city doesn't behave like some kind of cursed energy. It does not dissipate from extrasensory forces, does not distort and does not disappear. It behaves like a normal city.

i feel like the fact that psychic powers are mental in nature (obviously) should grant a little merit to the mental world feats as well

There's a statement on Crunchyroll's site (the officially licensed streaming service for the episodes) description of the episode we can use to base it being equivalent to what Mob could do in real life/ the real world.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/mob-psycho-100/episode-5-discord-choices-780924

“Discord ~Choices~”
Mob gets trapped inside a parallel world created by Mogami Keiji. Minori ends up transferring to his class, and Mob becomes the target of bullying. He can't ask anyone for help, and his negative emotions start to build inside. The truth behind the tragedy that Mogami went through when he was alive comes to light. Meanwhile, Reigen and the others were waiting for Mob to regain consciousness back at the Asagiri mansion. Dimple attempts to save Mob by infiltrating Minori's body."

By the way, other than that, what's the highest calculated feats for the anime in speed and strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back