• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can't even make separate profile too if anime is not different enough.
I don't really see the point in creating anime only profiles for a perfect adaptation but if it's the only way all this effort doesn't go to waste then we should start creating their profiles.
Well it's like they say, you can't win them all, sometimes CRTs just don't go through.

That looks nothing like the anime version.

I don't think that's the case. The two fight scenes look practically different from what I'm seeing and it's hard to say both can be compared.
This is the same scene in the context of the battle. It's just that in the anime we see destruction, while in the manga we just know that it destroyed evil spirits

This is the same scene in the context of the battle. It's just that in the anime we see destruction, while in the manga we just know that it destroyed evil spirits
Dude, the fights look barely the same at all. We only allow anime scenes if they are 1:1. This is just not the case.

The manga fight is very different than the anime. In the manga they destroy some buildings and at one point a giant Evil Spirit destroys a massive portion of the city with a blast, in the anime they melt a massive portion of the Mind World
Also, is this feat even usable considering it happens in a mind space? Mob even notes that everything in that world is made up off "Spirit matter"

I think the feat in Mogami's World is valid since it's regarded as a "Paralel World", not some kind of dreamworld.

Also all the spirits that Mob fought were the one Mogami absorbed and accumulated during his life time and they were used to create the Paralel World so it wasn't some kind of imaginary landscape that Mob and Mogami were destroying

I did not deny that they have differences. I said the script is the same. The manga cannot show all the action in full due to the peculiarity of ONE's creativity. And the scenes have the same context, just a different scale
I mean, same could be said for other anime fights, yet we don't include them on their profiles.

So long as it ain't in the manga, it's not gonna be used.

I did not deny that they have differences. I said the script is the same. The manga cannot show all the action in full due to the peculiarity of ONE's creativity. And the scenes have the same context, just a different scale
And? Simply because the script is the same doesn't mean anything. When Saitama punched Genos and destroyed the mountain behind them in the anime we don't use it, because even though it has the same context as the manga, it's not something that exists in the canon. You are admitting that ONE did not created destruction in the manga, so why still use the anime?

I mean, same could be said for other anime fights, yet we don't include them on their profiles.

So long as it ain't in the manga, it's not gonna be used.
Thing is, Mob Psycho 100 anime feats have been used as soon as season 1 was released and they have as much relevance as the manga feats and offer a better insight/perspective.
Not being allowed to use the anime feats is something that you've seemed to have pulled out of nowhere so I don't see you point.

Especially since that I'm pretty sure that One read and approved the scenario of each seasons of the anime adaptation so it should definitely be acknowledged as relevant.

I think the feat in Mogami's World is valid since it's regarded as a "Paralel World", not some kind of dreamworld.

Also all the spirits that Mob fought were the one Mogami absorbed and accumulated during his life time and they were used to create the Paralel World so it wasn't some kind of imaginary landscape that Mob and Mogami were destroying
The entire landscape is made out of “spirit matter” which we dont know how it works
The entire battle literally happened inside the head of a person, and there’s nothing suggestion that the destruction caused there would be a 1:1 to how it would be if they fought in the real world

And? Simply because the script is the same doesn't mean anything. When Saitama punched Genos and destroyed the mountain behind them in the anime we don't use it, because even though it has the same context as the manga, it's not something that exists in the canon. You are admitting that ONE did not created destruction in the manga, so why still use the anime?

Because the anime looks canonical, his exploits have already been used before without any problems.
Not the attack itself is something foreign, but only its consequences. Which were not shown at all in the manga, but were shown in the anime.

And we have another feat with the fiery attack of the spirit that burns the city. It's in anime and manga.

Well it's like they say, you can't win them all, sometimes CRTs just don't go through.
Ah this confirms it. And there are users actually not in favor of it

The only staff here is upholding the rule too.
I don't really see the point in creating anime only profiles for a perfect adaptation but if it's the only way all this effort doesn't go to waste then we should start creating their profiles.
We can't. Unless Mob anime heavily diverges from Manga.

So, there's no good solution to this except forget the anime ever happened.

Now excuse me because I will be crying for few minutes hahaha.

Not being allowed to use the anime feats is something that you've seemed to have pulled out of nowhere so I don't see you point.

Especially since that I'm pretty sure that One read and approved the scenario of each seasons of the anime adaptation so it should definitely be acknowledged as relevant.
We treat manga as the primary source for all our anime verses, I'm not pulling out of nowhere.

Being supervised by the original doesn't change anything, as I've pointed out some anime verses have similar things yet we do not use them.

his exploits have already been used before without any problems.
No problem, let's downgrade the previous calcs too
Not the attack itself is something foreign, but only its consequences. Which were not shown at all in the manga, but were shown in the anime.
Show me the city in the manga suffering one third of the destruction shown in the anime. After the attacks we can see buildings around, and nothing is drastically affected. Hell, in the anime Mob literally lifted the city, something that was never even implied to have happened in the manga.

Nah Mob Psycho season 3 should be taken very seriously and considered fine since One is very closely involves in it and considers it a valid a source

"ONE was very involved with the creation of the third season following the psychic hero named Mob...

As for how the creator of Mob Psycho 100 is involved, he's helped with production in various ways. In seasons one and two, he helped us a lot with the script writing by consulting and discussing what all should happen in the seasons and then did so again with the original OVA. ONE participated in helping form the story and planning of the OVA, and with in season three, there are many things like the characters' relationships and several upcoming events that ONE helped us with during the planning stages." "

The feats we're talking about aren't even season 3?
"As for how the creator of Mob Psycho 100 is involved, he's helped with production in various ways. In seasons one and two, he helped us a lot with the script writing by consulting and discussing what all should happen in the seasons and then did so again with the original OVA. ONE participated in helping form the story and planning of the OVA, and with in season three, there are many things like the characters' relationships and several upcoming events that ONE helped us with during the planning stages."

Who the **** cares if ONE helped with the anime. You can be sure that in 90% of the anime adaptations the animators consult the original authors for help, but we still use the manga as the main source

Ya guys just want Mob vs Tats more than anything

Who the **** cares if ONE helped with the anime. You can be sure that in 90% of the anime adaptations the animators consult the original authors for help, but we still use the manga as the main source

Ya guys just want Mob vs Tats more than anything
ONE literally saw, discussed and approved the script and animation of season 2, where Mob raised and tore up the city.

It’s honestly a bit unreasonable to just use the manga for mob psycho because the anime is designed to be the main go to for mob psycho canonicity or portrayal of the medium.

ONE has a lot more capability to add stuff to the story and scenes in the anime as opposed to him drawing like an actual online comic without the support an actual managaka would get for their mangas. So I think it’s a bit unreasonable to say that should be ignored and instead focus on his comic that he was just able to offhandedly draw when he had much more capacity to do things for the anime.

This is like saying you can’t use the manga of one punch man by Murata because the original source material is the comic by ONE and thereby everything that shows up in the manga that wasn’t in the original comic shouldn’t count.

ONE literally saw, discussed and approved the script and animation of season 2, where Mob raised and tore up the city.
Guess what? This happens with 90% of the adaptations. The animators always consult the authors. Gege for example followed the animation frame by frame, and yet we don't use the extra destruction from the anime as a way to wank JJK

Hell Akira did the same thing and even said "The anime and manga are one" and yet we consider them as different timelines for obvious reasons

You simply underestimate ONE and his way to create manga

With your logic, we could consider OPM Webcomic and OPM manga as the same thing

Hell Akira did the same thing and even said "The anime and manga are one" and yet we consider them as different timelines for obvious reasons
Yeah but that also has manga and movie profiles if need be the Mob Psycho anime at the very least qualifies for anime profiles since its considered just as valid if not moreso by one

No problem, let's downgrade the previous calcs too

Show me the city in the manga suffering one third of the destruction shown in the anime. After the attacks we can see buildings around, and nothing is drastically affected. Hell, in the anime Mob literally lifted the city, something that was never even implied to have happened in the manga.
This was done for a while, until plot differences began to occur in the manga.

Sonic Sonic had a rating of "relativistic", and Garou scaled up to the events in the manga, although it was a clue not yet shown there

This is like saying you can’t use the manga of one punch man by Murata because the original source material is the comic by ONE and thereby everything that shows up in the manga that wasn’t in the original comic shouldn’t count.
Actually we don't, hence why webcomic material are going to be their own separate profiles and our current manga profiles use no webcomic scaling.

We've been treating manga and webcomic as separate for the past 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back