• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

I'm not sure. I mean, logically, I guess it would make sense, but I've seen plenty of other arguments arise which say that a percentage increase in strength doesn't directly correlate to the same percentage increase in speed.
General statistics increases are associated with power growth in the series. I'm fine with it but I can see how others might be hesitant.
I'm still against backscaling Toichiro's 6-B feat for his lower percentages since it was the release of all his accumulated energy, far beyond what he could normally achieve, and his power continued increasing as the battle went on. I'm not sure, maybe I'm just making shit up.
He achieved it and then beat up Mob during his 100% state. That's the main point, that he can only use this power briefly before it overwhelms him. But it's still his power that he uses against an opponent.
I'm also against scaling Serizawa's AP directly to his feat: I'm fine with his durability scaling with the umbrella since it accumulated all of his energy, but that would just mess up the scaling. At the very least, Mob's base form during the Claw invasion shouldn't scale, since Serizawa clearly must've been holding back and Shimazaki initially believed he could fight against Mob even in his base form.
This makes sense yeah.

Also, after looking at the 6-B calc, I realize there's something inherently flawed or debatable about the calculation. The entire premise is based on the logic used in the mental world, presuming that psychic energy naturally melts the landscape on a huge scale. First of all, it's been decided that the High 6-A feat is possibly High 6-A due to the feat being anime-original, much higher AP value than anything ever shown in the real world, and this alternate world not being similar to the real world with the way the terrain moved upside down, how a starry space with what appear to be galaxies was visible despite the world originally being a blank white canvas, and other ways Mogami could've influenced what the terrain was made of. In addition, the destructive power or melting capacity of the evil spirits or Mob was never shown in the manga. Again, I believe this battle was a battle of the minds, and that the real-world logic wouldn't apply, but I still agreed with a possibly rating.

My point is that if the mental world logic is the driving factor for the 6-B feat, then it should be possibly 6-B, or even just don't use the 6-B feat and go back to the 6-C scaling. And it's based on the premise that Toichiro's explosion could POSSIBLY have melted the city. But in the aftermath, there was no proof that the rock had evaporated or disintegrated. The only thing we saw in either the anime and the manga was a giant explosion and the broccoli that formed immediately after.

General statistics increases are associated with power growth in the series. I'm fine with it but I can see how others might be hesitant.

He achieved it and then beat up Mob during his 100% state. That's the main point, that he can only use this power briefly before it overwhelms him. But it's still his power that he uses against an opponent.

This makes sense yeah.
The umbrella does not accumulate energy, but directs it. All this energy went out of control when he lost his umbrella.

Shimazaki wanted to face Mob when he saw him from a distance. However, as soon as Mob showed hostility, he fled

Also, after looking at the 6-B calc, I realize there's something inherently flawed or debatable about the calculation. The entire premise is based on the logic used in the mental world, presuming that psychic energy naturally melts the landscape on a huge scale. First of all, it's been decided that the High 6-A feat is possibly High 6-A due to the feat being anime-original, much higher AP value than anything ever shown in the real world, and this alternate world not being similar to the real world with the way the terrain moved upside down, how a starry space was visible despite the world originally being a blank white canvas, and other ways Mogami could've influenced what the terrain was made of. In addition, the destructive power or melting capacity of the evil spirits or Mob was never shown in the manga. Again, I believe this battle was a battle of the minds, and that the real-world logic wouldn't apply, but I still agreed with a possibly rating.
The "Possibly" rating has nothing to do with it being an anime feat. Those are accepted wholesale.
My point is that if the mental world logic is the driving factor for the 6-B feat, then it should be possibly 6-B, or even just don't use the 6-B feat and go back to the 6-C scaling. And it's based on the premise that Toichiro's explosion could POSSIBLY have melted the city. But in the aftermath, there was no proof that the rock had evaporated or disintegrated. The only thing we saw in either the anime and the manga was a giant explosion and the broccoli that formed immediately after.
I have no comment on this but if the calculation group has accepted it, then I'll trust their judgement.

Also, after looking at the 6-B calc, I realize there's something inherently flawed or debatable about the calculation. The entire premise is based on the logic used in the mental world, presuming that psychic energy naturally melts the landscape on a huge scale. First of all, it's been decided that the High 6-A feat is possibly High 6-A due to the feat being anime-original, much higher AP value than anything ever shown in the real world, and this alternate world not being similar to the real world with the way the terrain moved upside down, how a starry space with what appear to be galaxies was visible despite the world originally being a blank white canvas, and other ways Mogami could've influenced what the terrain was made of. In addition, the destructive power or melting capacity of the evil spirits or Mob was never shown in the manga. Again, I believe this battle was a battle of the minds, and that the real-world logic wouldn't apply, but I still agreed with a possibly rating.

Serizawa melted concrete with his attacks. Mob and Suzuki evaporated water. Suzuki's 100% attacks were also fiery and destroyed miles of rock. This was also the reason why I used melting

Serizawa melted concrete with his attacks. Mob and Suzuki evaporated water. Suzuki's 100% attacks were also fiery and destroyed miles of rock. This was also the reason why I used melting
Mob and Suzuki never evaporated water during their fight, they just dispersed it due to the impact of their blows, and Suzuki literally got on fire when he entered his 100% state. I mean, if it's just me arguing against it, fine, but I just wanted to voice my opinion.

I still would like someone to call the members of the crew to evaluate the High 6-A calculation for Toichiro's explosion.

CloverDragon03 doubts linearity, but a number of users seem to agree with this method

Another problem I just noticed with the 6-B calc, and it's regarding the presumed timing of the explosion. It's stating Mob had 3 minutes and 10 seconds to escape and bases the radius of the explosion on that time and Mob's speed, but it's using the anime timeframe. What I mean is that Mob begins running away at 9:36, and the energy starts to release at 12:46. But during that time, Toichiro has a flashback of his wife leaving him. That lasts from minute 11:22 to minute 12:17. It would be stupid to assume it took Toichiro that entire time to remember, and was done just to show the audience some more about Toichiro's backstory. Usually, humans have their life flash before their eyes in brief seconds, which is likely what happened to Toichiro there. The manga further implies it only took a brief period for those flashbacks to finish, since he starts speaking shortly after Mob told him he was staying. The anime cut that moment out, however, likely for timing, and in this case I think the manga would take precedence.

That would decrease the time Mob had to run from the explosion, therefore limiting the blast radius of the explosion and the results that the calc yielded. Am I wrong?

Another problem I just noticed with the 6-B calc, and it's regarding the presumed timing of the explosion. It's stating Mob had 3 minutes and 10 seconds to escape and bases the radius of the explosion on that time and Mob's speed, but it's using the anime timeframe. What I mean is that Mob begins running away at 9:36, and the energy starts to release at 12:46. But during that time, Toichiro has a flashback of his wife leaving him. That lasts from minute 11:22 to minute 12:17. It would be stupid to assume it took Toichiro that entire time to remember, and was done just to show the audience some more about Toichiro's backstory. Usually, humans have their life flash before their eyes in brief seconds, which is likely what happened to Toichiro there. The manga further implies it only took a brief period for those flashbacks to finish, since he starts speaking shortly after Mob told him he was staying. The anime cut that moment out, however, likely for timing, and in this case I think the manga would take precedence.

That would decrease the time Mob had to run from the explosion, therefore limiting the blast radius of the explosion and the results that the calc yielded. Am I wrong?
You can give me a new time end and I will calculate it.

You can give me a new time end and I will calculate it.
It'd be about two minutes max, because we also don't know whether the time shown with the others running overlapped with Mob's conversation with Toichiro or not, if he just returned to Toichiro immediately after alerting his friends.

I'll do a calculation for this, but only if you can actually find a member of the calculation team who appreciates it. It's been a long process lately

I propose the following changes in the profile:

1)Mob:

AP and Durability: At least High 8-C | 6-C | High 6-C to 6-B, possibly High 6-A | At least 6-B, possibly High 6-A

Speed: Subsonic+ | Massively Hypersonic | Massively Hypersonic+ | At least Massively Hypersonic+

Keys: Base BoS | Base Post 47-Division Ark | 100% | ???/EoS

2)Suzuki:

AP and Durability: High 6-C to Low 6-B | Low 6-B to 6-B | 6-B, possibly High 6-A

Speed: Massively Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic+ | Massively Hypersonic+ | At least Massively Hypersonic+

Keys: 1-20% | 20-80% | 100%

3)Mogami:

AP and Durability: At least High 6-C, possibly High 6-A

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+

4)Serizawa:

AP: 6-C
Durability: High 6-C

Speed: Subconic+, likely Massively Hypersonic

5)Teruki:

AP and Durability: High 8-C | 7-C

Speed: Subsonic+ | Subconic+, likely Massively Hypersonic (blitzed Psycho-Helmet that keeps up with Dimple)
For Mogami I would like to point out that he did fight 100% Courage Mob, that's the same mob who briefly matched 100% Toichiro
So Mogami should maybe scale to 6-B as well and definitely get 6-B with spirits
Mob and Suzuki never evaporated water during their fight, they just dispersed it due to the impact of their blows, and Suzuki literally got on fire when he entered his 100% state. I mean, if it's just me arguing against it, fine, but I just wanted to voice my opinion.
I hate to agree but they Toichiro never did more than pulverizing until literally 100%

It's more accurate to say his attacks pulverize considering the damage we're shown in the anime

The only time he demonstrates melting is through Physically punching though a pillar

For Mogami I would like to point out that he did fight 100% Courage Mob, that's the same mob who briefly matched 100% Toichiro
So Mogami should maybe scale to 6-B as well and definitely get 6-B with spirits

I hate to agree but they Toichiro never did more than pulverizing until literally 100%

It's more accurate to say his attacks pulverize considering the damage we're shown in the anime

The only time he demonstrates melting is through Physically punching though a pillar
Mogami was quickly beaten by the Courage Mob, but if everyone insists, I won't argue with scaling.

Now I will make a new version of the calculation.

What do you think about the linear increase in speed?

Mogami was quickly beaten by the Courage Mob, but if everyone insists, I won't argue with scaling.

Now I will make a new version of the calculation.

What do you think about the linear increase in speed?
I am fine with the linear increases but you'll have to convince the calc members

Psychic energy in Mob psycho seems to scale with speed tho

If they don't except that I went back and re-watched the Toichiro fight and he creates sonic booms at 50%, so you can use that if this is not accepted

I am fine with the linear increases but you'll have to convince the calc members

Psychic energy in Mob psycho seems to scale with speed tho

If they don't except that I went back and re-watched the Toichiro fight and he creates sonic booms at 50%, so you can use that if this is not accepted
Would using a Subsonic+ baseline be better for speed scaling? Last time this was called unreasonable, but given that all speed calculations are subsonic + and Hypersonic, then we can use this.

Would using a Subsonic+ baseline be better for speed scaling? Last time this was called unreasonable, but given that all speed calculations are subsonic + and Hypersonic, then we can use this.
I think that would be more appropriate and predicated on existing calculations.

Subsonic+ was rejected
IDN why you would want to use that since we straight up have supersonic proof

Subsonic+ was rejected
IDN why you would want to use that since we straight up have supersonic proof
Supersonic booms are often not considered, besides, it gives insufficient scaling and is lower than using the speed of the Teruki. Besides, I have already updated the calculation

Well, I wasn't expecting it to have a higher AP value. Even so, I still have reservations for the basis of the calc. First of all, anime timing is used for words said in the manga: Toichiro never said in the anime "you can't escape the explosion radius", just that Mob needed to sever the energy source before the explosion happened. Though that argument's secondary compared to the next one.

Toichiro's language is kind of ambiguous. Why did he say "run" instead of "fly", or say something like "even at your top speed, you couldn't escape the blast." Toichiro could mean that literally running away wouldn't be enough to escape the blast. He could've been referring to the safety of the other spectators, since he knew that Mob had several friends helping him. Toichiro also knew that Reigen didn't have any powers, so he could've been referencing the fact that people like Reigen couldn't outrun the explosion, so he needed to stop the explosion so they could emerge unharmed. The fact that Toichiro even says to Mob he couldn't save his friends could be viewed as support for that alternate interpretation. There're plenty of ways to interpret Toichiro's words, and to use his vague language as a basis for such a high AP value is a bit extreme.

I know you've put a lot of thought into this calc, and I'm sorry if I keep complaining about the results, but I think it's important to go over all this stuff thoroughly.

Last edited:
Well, I wasn't expecting it to have a higher AP value. Even so, I still have reservations for the basis of the calc. First of all, anime timing is used for words said in the manga: Toichiro never said in the anime "you can't escape the explosion radius", just that Mob needed to sever the energy source before the explosion happened.

Toichiro's language is also a big ambiguous. Why did he say "run" instead of "fly", or say something like "even at your top speed, you couldn't escape the blast." Toichiro could mean that literally running away wouldn't be enough to escape the blast. He could've been referring to the safety of the other spectators, since he knew that Mob had several friends helping him. Toichiro also knew that Reigen didn't have any powers, so he could've been referencing the fact that people like Reigen couldn't outrun the explosion, so he needed to stop the explosion so they could emerge unharmed. The fact that Toichiro even says to Mob he couldn't save his friends could be viewed as support for that alternate interpretation. There're plenty of ways to interpret Toichiro's words, and to use his vague language as a basis for such a high AP value is a bit extreme.

I know you've put a lot of thought into this calc, and I'm sorry if I keep complaining about the results, but I think it's important to go over all this stuff thoroughly.
Toichiro bluntly says that Mob couldn't avoid the explosion even if he ran.
What's the point of running when you've just been fighting at thousands of mach speeds and your explosions are ahead of lightning?
Moreover, Mob could just lift everyone with his tk and move from the explosion.
Even the much weaker Teruki was able to save a hundred people with telekinesis.
The mob was able at one time to lift a car with other people into the sky in a second and send it beyond the horizon in an instant.

Maybe?

High 6-C to Low 6-B | Low 6-B to High 6-A | High 6-A, possibly far higher with Self-Destruction.

Toichiro bluntly says that Mob couldn't avoid the explosion even if he ran.
What's the point of running when you've just been fighting at thousands of mach speeds and your explosions are ahead of lightning?
Moreover, Mob could just lift everyone with his tk and move from the explosion.
Even the much weaker Teruki was able to save a hundred people with telekinesis.
The mob was able at one time to lift a car with other people into the sky in a second and send it beyond the horizon in an instant.
Moving his friends at top speed? 10-20 people all at once? Why would Toichiro assume that Mob would take that kind of risk? Toichiro knows that Mob cares about his friends, he knows that Mob is fighting to protect them, so why would he believe Mob would needlessly endanger his friends by moving at hypersonic speeds which even the slightest mistake could result in them falling to their deaths or getting smashed to pulp by a wall or a mountain or some other obstacle? He'd be smart enough to know that regular people moving at those speeds would blast their eardrums, injure them or kill them since none of them are as strong or as fast as Mob. Even if you assume that Mob would slow down to ensure his friends were safe, that would drastically decrease the radius of the hypothetical explosion. You'd just be making wild theories of what Toichiro MIGHT know about Mob or what his friends are capable of to think Mob would try to bolt away at top speed like that. He MIGHT know that Mob could protect them all with barriers, but Toichiro seen no proof he could be capable of that since erecting so many individual barriers would require intense focus that only Teruki has displayed so far in the series. Even Teruki never moved the people he saved at hypersonic speeds so intricately, so I don't see why Toichiro would assume Mob could do that.

What's more, Toichiro knew about the whereabouts of everyone who wasn't at the tower in the manga thanks to his Antennae Team giving him clues, so he likely also knew that Mob wouldn't want to waste time searching for everyone in the city who could've been in the blast radius (admittedly, that's making assumptions, but it's not a lie that the Antennae Team was giving him updates about everyone's location in the manga). Toichiro saw that Mob was taking the easiest solution: rather than risk getting himself and his friends caught in the blast by running away as fast as possible into random territory, or stop the explosion before it happened.

The entire basis for the calc is believing Mob himself wouldn't be fast enough to outpace the explosion. If Mob was fighting Toichiro alone on an uninhabited island or country, then maybe. But your statement is relying on the assumption that Toichiro believes Mob would hightail it and abandon all his friends to escape at top speed, and Toichiro sees that Mob deeply cares about others and would never do that. The calc also assumes that Toichiro would be smart enough to calculate Mob's speed, the approximate size of his explosion, and when Toichiro knew he'd explode in less than a minute, which is rather presumptuous. You think he'd sit there in his final moments thinking, "How big will my explosion be? How fast would Mob have to be to escape the explosion?" Why would he spend his last moments with those thoughts? Toichiro had never gone over 40% in his entire life before fighting Mob: what makes you think he'd know the full limits of his 100% power that he'd unleashed all at once?

I've always assumed that Toichiro was referring to all of them running away at regular speed when he made that non-specific statement. I feel you're just too eager to see Mob at High 6-A and so you're taking liberties with the words spoken in the manga. How about we just calculate the explosion that actually took place instead of basing the entire calculation on what Toichiro MIGHT have meant.

Last edited:
統一郎の元に戻ってきたモブ。

統一郎『勘がいいな。お前の判断は正しい。
逃げても爆轟からの回避には間に合わん。』

無能力者の霊幻や、能力の弱い覚醒ラボの子供達だけならともかく、5超やショウ、それ以上の力を持ったモブ達が超能力を使って全力で逃げても間に合わないレベルの爆発なの!!?
さすが20年も溜めたエネルギー・・・凄まじい・・・

Moving his friends at top speed? 10-20 people all at once? Why would Toichiro assume that Mob would take that kind of risk? Toichiro knows that Mob cares about his friends, he knows that Mob is fighting to protect them, so why would he believe Mob would needlessly endanger his friends by moving at hypersonic speeds which even the slightest mistake could result in them falling to their deaths or getting smashed to pulp by a wall or a mountain or some other obstacle? He'd be smart enough to know that regular people moving at those speeds would blast their eardrums, injure them or kill them since none of them are as strong or as fast as Mob. Even if you assume that Mob would slow down to ensure his friends were safe, that would drastically decrease the radius of the hypothetical explosion. You'd just be making wild theories of what Toichiro MIGHT know about Mob or what his friends are capable of to think Mob would try to bolt away at top speed like that. He MIGHT know that Mob could protect them all with barriers, but Toichiro seen no proof he could be capable of that since erecting so many individual barriers would require intense focus that only Teruki has displayed so far in the series. Even Teruki never moved the people he saved at hypersonic speeds so intricately, so I don't see why Toichiro would assume Mob could do that.

What's more, Toichiro knew about the whereabouts of everyone who wasn't at the tower in the manga thanks to his Antennae Team giving him clues, so he likely also knew that Mob wouldn't want to waste time searching for everyone in the city who could've been in the blast radius (admittedly, that's making assumptions, but it's not a lie that the Antennae Team was giving him updates about everyone's location in the manga). Toichiro saw that Mob was taking the easiest solution: rather than risk getting himself and his friends caught in the blast by running away as fast as possible into random territory, or stop the explosion before it happened.

The entire basis for the calc is believing Mob himself wouldn't be fast enough to outpace the explosion. If Mob was fighting Toichiro alone on an uninhabited island or country, then maybe. But your statement is relying on the assumption that Toichiro believes Mob would hightail it and abandon all his friends to escape at top speed, and Toichiro sees that Mob deeply cares about others and would never do that.

I've always assumed that Toichiro was referring to all of them running away at regular speed when he made that non-specific statement. I feel you're just too eager to see Mob at High 6-A and so you're taking liberties with the words spoken in the manga. How about we just calculate the explosion that actually took place instead of basing the entire calculation on what Toichiro MIGHT have meant.
It can't be a case of translation? In the Spanish version it says "Aún si huyes, no podrías escapar de la explosión"*

*Even if you run away, you couldn't escape the explosion

The entire basis for the calc is believing Mob himself wouldn't be fast enough to outpace the explosion. If Mob was fighting Toichiro alone on an uninhabited island or country, then maybe. But your statement is relying on the assumption that Toichiro believes Mob would hightail it and abandon all his friends to escape at top speed, and Toichiro sees that Mob deeply cares about others and would never do that. The calc also assumes that Toichiro would be smart enough to calculate Mob's speed, the approximate size of his explosion, and when Toichiro knew he'd explode in less than a minute, which is rather presumptuous. Toichiro had never gone over 40% in his entire life before fighting Mob: what makes you think he'd know the full limits of his 100% power that he'd unleashed all at once?

The inhabitants of the city were evacuated and there was no need to save anyone. That is why Mob was so confident in throwing buildings at them.

About the fact that Mob would try to save others, then this is guesswork. Of course he would try to do it. But Suzuki tells Mob directly that even if he tried to escape, he wouldn't make it in time.

Moreover, we already have a case where Mob moved the car at hypersonic speed.

It is strange to talk about torn eardrums and injuries when the same Reigen was thrown hundreds of meters by a tornado, got a stone weighing 50 kg right in the temple and actively broke the walls.

I do not insist on this feat. I made a calculation and it was accepted. We are still waiting for Plank and other users to discuss this.

But I'm very glad that the math has been accepted. And to be honest, I thought you'd be glad too.

Therefore, let's not make false conclusions that I am trying to attract some feats.

Last edited:
The "Possibly" rating has nothing to do with it being an anime feat. Those are accepted wholesale.

I have no comment on this but if the calculation group has accepted it, then I'll trust their judgement.
Could you express your opinion? Toichiro's explosion was rated High 6-A without the use of melting and evaporation.

The original uses the character "逃げ", which translates to "escape" and "run away"
"Running" in Japanese is "走る"

Last edited:
It can't be a case of translation? In the Spanish version it says "Aún si huyes, no podrías escapar de la explosión"*

*Even if you run away, you couldn't escape the explosion
The Indonesian variant also uses "run away"

If the CGMs don't have a problem with it and its accepted that's fine by me

AH wait I didn't notice it uses pulverization already so scratch what I said below this is definitely fine

If you want to add a pulverization end though I'd recommend either striking through or deleting the other ends and putting [ACCEPTED] by the accepted value of the calc so it doesn't get confused but as I said prior if cgms don't see any problem with it the way it is then I'm cool with it myself considering how many calcs I do

The inhabitants of the city were evacuated and there was no need to save anyone. That is why Mob was so confident in throwing buildings at them.
That’s not relevant to my argument.
About the fact that Mob would try to save others, then this is guesswork. Of course he would try to do it. But Suzuki tells Mob directly that even if he tried to escape, he wouldn't make it in time.

Moreover, we already have a case where Mob moved the car at hypersonic speed.
You mean when he moved the car to the hideout where Reigen and the other Scars were? What proof is there that the car was moving at hypersonic speed? There was no time span for how long it took the car to get there or how far the hideout was. That’s an assumption.
It is strange to talk about torn eardrums and injuries when the same Reigen was thrown hundreds of meters by a tornado, got a stone weighing 50 kg right in the temple and actively broke the walls.
Toichiro doesn’t know that. He assumed Reigen was just a regular human with regular weaknesses, and he knows the Scars are vastly weaker than he and Mob.
But I'm very glad that the math has been accepted. And to be honest, I thought you'd be glad too.
I’m not arguing the math. I envy those who can do these kinds of calculations, and I’m impressed by what you’ve done. I’m just saying the facts which the math is based off are flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back