• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misaka Mikoto revision

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Misaka Mikoto has her High 7-A rating based off of this

However, two things.

As pointed out here, lighting can appear far wider then the actual current is due to luminosity. Unless we have like, a big burn mark that indicates a more solid size, we shouldn't use it accordingly.

Secondly, a lightning bolt actually lasts a bit longer then 51 microseconds. As pointed out here, 51 microseconds is the pause between each ladder of the bolt. For the entire bolt, it takes .2 seconds.

In general, this calc needs another look, and probably another version entirely as a blog post.

Side Note: We should probably make a standards page for lightning math, so people don't misuse it and they can easily get a handle on how to do it.

Well, this was eventually bound to happen

Anyway, agree with just about everything here. Misaka's calc could really use a revision due to recent events.

Also, we should really introduce a page for lightning math (assuming the wiki accepts it). As we saw with the Fire Punch calc, it could lead to hyper inflated results.

Though, my main question is, how do we determine when to use lightning math and when to use the normal accepted AP value for lightning strikes? For example, the Predator has tanked a "run of the mill" (if that even is a thing anymore) lightning strikes in the past, would he get a higher rating due to lighting math, or do we just determine it on a case by case basis?

Ultimately I'd think it would depend on if there's an indication of it being actually bigger then 1 inch rather then appearing as such due to luminosity, such as the ground getting heavily scorched.

One note that should be made is that tanking lightning should only scale to dura if it's explicitly stated that the energy remained in them and stayed there to be withstood, rather then just flowing out in an instant like lightning usually does.

And of course, it shouldn't be used when it's a massive outlier or inflation in any sense

Not sure if it means anything but this is the pic that is just before she striked the building and This shows the after effects of it.

The cloud split could yield something, yeah

bump

I'll get to the cloudsplit sometime

it's stated 2 page later that the output was dozen of time the original output, so it should still be higher than base if that helps with the calc

That would make it High 7-C+ at it's lowest, I guess

It says hundreds of times. Anyways I would say an easy way you can tell L6S P1's lightning output is far wider than regular and not from luminosity is by the way her casual attacks are redirected/negated by Gunha/Touma X

You can prob get DT to help with the calc if needed.

I dunno if it would be reliable to apply that instance to an entirely different lightning strike

Essentially what I'm saying is the visuals are the same and the medium is the same. Here's another view of the same attack X

it depends who translated it, on the other link it says dozen https://xy-10-j.*********.net/74/6e/5c72a45e52ff49119b5de647/11_410948_822_1200.jpeg

I agree with revising this calc.

Just to reiterate what Zensum said, though, Mikoto's lightning bolts in that state are bigger than RL ones and in other occasions we see them touch anything they appear to really be as wide as they seem, as shown by the images posted by Zensum of Touma and Gunha dealing with them or even the casual electrical side effects of her powering up on the lower left corner of this spread page.

We can see the giant lightning bolt damaging the ground around the Windowless Building. Of course, the image doesn't tell us if the bolt is as wide as it appears to be in the far away shot or not, but this gives us a minimum width.

Back