• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Miro goes Pokémon hunting (Miro vs Axlven)

Given that Ariel Ace is a guranteed hit, it can cause some trouble here for Miro, but I think he can handle it pretty well. Here's what's more likely to happen:

1. Miro uses an elemental barrier as soon as Axlven begins his attack, most likely out of fire. Arial Ace is a flying type move so Axlven's aquatic properties superseding flame doesn't apply to this move, and therefore Miro successfully defends

2. Miro opts for a shield of lightning instead, resulting in super effective damage against Axlven as soon as Arial ace contacts the shield. This would give Miro an amazing counter attack opportunity

3. Miro tries to counter directly with something like Sweltering Searing Stream (Resisted damage would help Axlven) or Storm Strike, which might one shot based on the typing and its general disintegration properties

4. Miro uses wind to throw Axlven away. His LS is far higher, so it's guaranteed that Axlven would be cast down, but then again, Arial ace is also supposed to be a guaranteed strike, so not sure how this would play out. It could work like the anime tbh.

These 4 options are all stuff that Miro would go for, but I'd say option 1 and 3 are most likely, and the options having to do with fire are even more likely. Although it's also highly likely he pivots to lightning very quickly after noticing that fire is resisted. Although he clearly prefers using his fire, he's also not gonna stick to it mindlessly if it's detrimental

Given that Ariel Ace is a guranteed hit, it can cause some trouble here for Miro, but I think he can handle it pretty well.
I'd call that game mechanics.
Most recent description of the move, used by several games: "The user confounds the target with speed, then slashes. This attack never misses."
Quote Bulbapedia:
  • This move is based on and named after Sasaki Kojirō's "Turning Swallow Cut" sword technique, so named due to its resemblance to the motion of a swallow's tail in flight, and is usually construed as a quick upward slash followed by a second one down the same direction, same as the move's animation.
Hence why the move's Japanese name translates to "Swallow's Return"; It's based on a sword technique based on a bird's movements, & hence why it can be learned by so many non-Flying Pokemon. It's just fast slashing.

IDK if we consider it to be slowed by Speed Equalization, or if it's considered to be "The user's speed is boosted while using this move but only so as to execute this move relatively faster than they would do other things".

I'd call that game mechanics.
Most recent description of the move, used by several games: "The user confounds the target with speed, then slashes. This attack never misses."
Quote Bulbapedia:
  • This move is based on and named after Sasaki Kojirō's "Turning Swallow Cut" sword technique, so named due to its resemblance to the motion of a swallow's tail in flight, and is usually construed as a quick upward slash followed by a second one down the same direction, same as the move's animation.
Hence why the move's Japanese name translates to "Swallow's Return"; It's based on a sword technique based on a bird's movements, & hence why it can be learned by so many non-Flying Pokemon. It's just fast slashing.

IDK if we consider it to be slowed by Speed Equalization, or if it's considered to be "The user's speed is boosted while using this move but only so as to execute this move relatively faster than they would do other things".
I feel this makes it better for Miro even if the move does make Axlven faster in order to use it Miro has his own stat amps (most likely activating it as soon as Axlven zooms), and due to the amp being electric based he would go to an electric move much fatser, so basically results in a better outcome quicker for Miro than initially anticipated

I feel this makes it better for Miro even if the move does make Axlven faster in order to use it Miro has his own stat amps (most likely activating it as soon as Axlven zooms), and due to the amp being electric based he would go to an electric move much fatser, so basically results in a better outcome quicker for Miro than initially anticipated
I honestly think that aeriel ace may be Homing attack
Given that Ariel Ace is a guranteed hit, it can cause some trouble here for Miro, but I think he can handle it pretty well. Here's what's more likely to happen:

1. Miro uses an elemental barrier as soon as Axlven begins his attack, most likely out of fire. Arial Ace is a flying type move so Axlven's aquatic properties superseding flame doesn't apply to this move, and therefore Miro successfully defends

2. Miro opts for a shield of lightning instead, resulting in super effective damage against Axlven as soon as Arial ace contacts the shield. This would give Miro an amazing counter attack opportunity

3. Miro tries to counter directly with something like Sweltering Searing Stream (Resisted damage would help Axlven) or Storm Strike, which might one shot based on the typing and its general disintegration properties

4. Miro uses wind to throw Axlven away. His LS is far higher, so it's guaranteed that Axlven would be cast down, but then again, Arial ace is also supposed to be a guaranteed strike, so not sure how this would play out. It could work like the anime tbh.

These 4 options are all stuff that Miro would go for, but I'd say option 1 and 3 are most likely, and the options having to do with fire are even more likely. Although it's also highly likely he pivots to lightning very quickly after noticing that fire is resisted. Although he clearly prefers using his fire, he's also not gonna stick to it mindlessly if it's detrimental
Are any of these... lethal?
Just wanna know if Axlven survives he'll go for a rain dance

Are any of these... lethal?
Just wanna know if Axlven survives he'll go for a rain dance
I think only Storm Strike would be in this instance because it outright disintegrates (and can negate up to Mid regen), the other options are still very good for defense and Miro’s electric option’s obviously are very good either way, but I don’t think anything outside of Storm Strike would be fatal at the beginning

Anime & other media aside, I think the game animations would differ, even if I don't have footage handy at this time:

You know even though I’m really into Pokémon and have played it as long as I can time never, I never really considered the whole slash thing with arial ace, so thanks for bringing that to the table! I learned something knew, and it finally explains to me about why some mons learn it lol

I think only Storm Strike would be in this instance because it outright disintegrates (and can negate up to Mid regen), the other options are still very good for defense and Miro’s electric option’s obviously are very good either way, but I don’t think anything outside of Storm Strike would be fatal at the beginning
Ok
If Axl gets a chance he'll use Hydro pump

Ok
If Axl gets a chance he'll use Hydro pump
Miro likely dodges this, since hydro pump has lower accuracy and his own acrobatics are extremely good. He’ll counter with two Flame Rings.
  • Flame Rings: Miro casts Searing Streams from both of his hands which form a large ring of fire around his opponent. The ring follows their moves, observing their vision and embedding them with constant extreme heat. Miro can condense the ring around his opponent to envelop them. He can even do this for much larger opponents when putting the effort in, such as Gomen the clown, who is as tall as a city building and much wider.

Miro likely dodges this, since hydro pump has lower accuracy and his own acrobatics are extremely good. He’ll counter with two Flame Rings.
  • Flame Rings: Miro casts Searing Streams from both of his hands which form a large ring of fire around his opponent. The ring follows their moves, observing their vision and embedding them with constant extreme heat. Miro can condense the ring around his opponent to envelop them. He can even do this for much larger opponents when putting the effort in, such as Gomen the clown, who is as tall as a city building and much wider.
Axlven is a water type and would be affected by half the damage it leaves
If he gets the chance too he'll use water tail

Axlven is a water type and would be affected by half the damage it leaves
If he gets the chance too he'll use water tail
The thing with them is the at they are always gonna be there. Axlven doesn’t seem to have a method of removing them seeing as they’ll easily evaporate water. Even at half the damage it’s still well off. This could hinder a useage for aqua tail as well, as the water forming it could just be evaporated when he begins the motion, specially if miro decides to have them close in and ‘hug’ Axlven

The thing with them is the at they are always gonna be there. Axlven doesn’t seem to have a method of removing them seeing as they’ll easily evaporate water. Even at half the damage it’s still well off. This could hinder a useage for aqua tail as well, as the water forming it could just be evaporated when he begins the motion, specially if miro decides to have them close in and ‘hug’ Axlven
Oh OK I guess if Axlven gets a chance he would use quick attack

Back