• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirio vs Ryo Shimazaki REDUX! GRACE

Mirio scales from one shotting people who are slightly below a clac that's like 0.3 tons of TNT greater that what Shimazaki displayed + blitzed the entire class 1-A who are much faster than Shimazaki, I don't think even Mind's Eye reasonably does anything to help, add to this Mirio's Phasing abilities and this sounds like a low diff at best on Mirio's favor to me tbh.

Read the other thread and the speed was not as huge of a difference as it is RN and the calc did not seem to be out, so I don't see how Ryo can reliably take this more times than not now.

This is just redoing the same thing thread btw. I didn't even change anything. But the calc is 3.9 tons not 0.3. So almost 4 tons.

Noticed. I was talking about the tons advatage but yeah, I also got that wrong. Its plain one shotting people 0.8 tons above Ryo. I don't think Ryo has any victory conditions here though, Mirio blitzes and One Shots.

Actually i intended to do this with the same rules as before, but under those rules Mirio blitzes hard due to being around 15x faster than Ryo (in his hypersonic end) and around 5x faster (in his supersonic+). So not exactly fair.

So Speed Equal.

Mirio should stll take this IMO, One Shot + Durability advantage + phasing. Albeit this would be a closer fight, but a single hit like what Teruki managed to do against him because of his seeming over-confidence on his precog would indicate game over for him while Mirio can take tons of attacks from Ryo.

So yeah, I vote for Mirio.

Well I can't say Mirio one shots Ryo. He has passive barriers and the 1-A class guys barely got K-O'd. Add to that his teleportation and precognition.

His teleportation and precog get both hard countered by analytical prediction which is what they used to beat him in the 1st place. As for passive barriers? When did he display such a thing?

Well it took like 6 espers to take him down with tactics so...

When a bullet hit him, and Sakurai has shot him with Jugan Air Gun

It took 1 blonde guy to land a kick on him (which was blocked sure, but you get the point) in 1v1 simply due to analytical predictiona and not evne good one.

People have landed hits on him before.

There is no such thing as good or bad analytical prediction. It always depends on how you predict stuff and how quickly before you get attacked. Shimazaki has kicked his ass and all of them, and after activating Mind's Eye he crushed everyone. They needed 6 espers to actually land hits

Well yeah, I guess it doesn't work greatly against guys who got you all figured out. But as I have said, Ryo destroyed 6 somewhat comparable espers, with one being equal to him.

Ryo does have a win-con in just flying and sniping Mirio with TK but I'm not sure if he'd do that quick enough.

Of course that depends on how early he can pull levitation and sniping out considering his physical disadvantage. He could also try outlasting Mirio but he'd need to know how dangerous he is to do that and I'm not sure Ryo would do so without getting hit and seriously injured. Not sure how this goes so I'll abstain from voting for now.

Well Shimazaki is really ******* tough. He took tens of beatings from somewhat comparable espers and didn't even flinch.

Wasn't Teruki the only comparable one? None of the others could damage him in a direct face-off. Regardless, it depends on whether or not he gets instantly KOed if Mirio lands a hit. If not, he teleports away and just snipes. If so, then he's finished.

Actually, if they start hundreds of meters away from each other then Ryo could try to rag-doll before Mirio closes the distance or just teleport into the air and do his thing but again, I'm not certain that he'd open with it.

One thing though, do we really assume that NPI that works on ghosts doesn't work on any other type of intangiblity? I'm skeptical of this since this is the first time I've seen that in a match.

Wasn't he fighting for around a day before that fight? That could be a reason they tired him out. After all, Koyama harmed him but he's rated as he is.

Koyama might be a little stronger than that. He survived enraged 100% Mob's attack lol. Well of course that's heavy outlier, but I don't think he is just 9-A.

>There is no such thing as good or bad analytical prediction

Excuse me what is this supposed to mean? Do you really want me to give you examples of analytical prediction being anywhere from 1 move to 1000 moves ahead now? Idk how you even come up with that kind of statement cus Analytical Prediction is skill so you're saying "Skill cannot be improved". What i mean by bad Analytical prediction is, the dude didn't even have analytical prediction. His movement were just getting so monotonous that it was becoming easy to predict. Now consider someone like Mirio who normally predicts moves ahead of his opponent in the same scenario.

>Destroyed 6 somewhat comparable espers

Literally none could even deal with his abilities. What's your point? His teleportation was taking everyone for a ride. They weren't comparable, they were maybe in AP but he had his abilities that no one could deal with. And again those were weaker than him, not above him to the degree of 1 shotting people stronger than him. It changes stuff drastically

@Planck

When did Shimazaki ever even show TK?

@Spooky

Flight is severely out of character and he lacks ranged attacks.

@Planck

"Getting hit then he would levitate and snipe". That's not happening. A single hit by a rock was enough to make him lose concentration to the point that he had a terribly hard time regaining the concentration back enough for them to yeet him all over the place. And again, a hit by a rock that barely even grazed him, let alone something truly potent.

About the rest, a single hit is basically a win condition for Mirio. Not only is he significantly more powerful and it will deal a lot of damage, but a single hit from a rock was enough to make him lose concentration to the point of all of them basically starting to combo attacks. Imagine the same thing but from someone as powerful as mirio. It is sure to knock him out for good.

>When did Shimazaki ever even show TK?

The feat he scales to is done via TK, he stopped some bullets via TK etc.

>Flight is severely out of character and he lacks ranged attacks.

He levitated just fine when he was wailing on Teru. The literal feat he performed was a ranged blast of TK.

>"Getting hit then he would levitate and snipe". That's not happening. A single hit by a rock was enough to make him lose concentration to the point that he had a terribly hard time regaining the concentration back enough for them to yeet him all over the place. And again, a hit by a rock that barely even grazed him, let alone something truly potent.

DIfference here is that he isn't fighting someone that can levitate nor has range. A single thought would be enough for him to get up into the air and Mirio can't do jack at that point. though if a single hit does do him in then this doesn't mean much as I admitted.

>Excuse me what is this supposed to mean? Do you really want me to give you examples of analytical prediction being anywhere from 1 move to 1000 moves ahead now?

That it's just predicting something... Stop ignoring what I have wrote after that, and no I don't want any examples as neither of these characters can predict "1000 moves". I wrote that strictly in the case of this match, not some bullshit powers from other verses. You wrote that wasn't even good prediction, and I wrote there's no such thing as bad prediction, "good" prediction is the one that works, and Teru's worked.

>Flight is severely out of character and he lacks ranged attacks.

Flight - https://youtu.be/Ar7fHWRMNoE?t=131

Telekinesis - https://youtu.be/Ar7fHWRMNoE?t=94 and https://youtu.be/Ar7fHWRMNoE?t=146

And stop ignoring what i said after that. Teru doesn't have analytical prediction. Teru wasn't good at predicting, Ryo was just TOO predictable. In other words, it wasn't Teru being good, it was Ryo being bad.

I never said flight wasn't a thing, i said it was out of character.

TK, hmm fair enough, but that doesn't really show any range worthy to say "oh well he'll fly 50m upwards and TK from there", the best showing is like 10 meters or so at most in terms of range.

He (and most of the other High 8-Cs) scales to Teruki's 60 meters.

Also Mirio gut-shotted Deku (who's didn't even come close to Mirio's fighting capabiltiies at the time) and made him feel great pain who scales to 3.89 tons, Shimazaki scales to very casual 3.09 tons after entire day of fighting, so it's not going to be that immense gap. Mirio is stronger, but it's not even a one-shot at all.

Planck69 said:
He (and most of the other High 8-Cs) scales to Teruki's 60 meters.
Why? He's specialized in teleportation and esp not in TK. Why would it scale to ppl who use TK all the time?

SpookyShadow said:
Also Mirio gut-shotted Deku (who's didn't even come close to Mirio's fighting capabiltiies at the time) and made him feel great pain who scales to 3.89 tons, Shimazaki scales to very casual 3.09 tons after entire day of fighting, so it's not going to be that immense gap. Mirio is stronger, but it's not even a one-shot at all.
Mirio gut-shotted Deku and that was it, end of the match. And same for literally everyone else. And it's arguable he wasn't even serious considering he was just trying to demonstrate abilities. Not an instant 1 shot, but after 1 hit, Ryo loses concentration for long enough for people to combo on him. A combo from Mirio is gg.

Firephoenixearl said:
Why? He's specialized in teleportation and esp not in TK. Why would it scale to ppl who use TK all the time?
Not only does he himself state that he's superior to Teruki even in basic esper abilities but absolute fodder espers that could use TK could contribute some strength (however tiny) could reach cars dozens of yards away.

I believe that Deku's durability is quite lower than his AP because he gets damaged by his own attacks if he uses a few too much

@Spooky

Not really. He gets damaged if he uses too much power. 8% does not harm him, only 20% and above does.

@Planck

Again i do not see your point. He used it once throughout the duration of 2 fights and even then never for "lol snipe". That doesn't make it in character.

The first fight was him beating the shit out of people who were weaker than him, there's no reasoon for him to make room. The scan itself is just to prove that he would use flight if inclined and in this case where a single hit can be crippling, he definitely would. Of course if a single hit does insta-incap then it doesn't matter.

The argument could be made against that but doesn't really matter so i'll avoid it.

1 hit won't insta incap, but a single hit will be more than enough to make him lose concentration. And the combo after the 1st hit definitely will incap.

You know he can just....teleport away right? He was up against six people with ranged attacks wailing on him in multiple directions. Here he gets hit, is injured and can just nope out with a thought. Unlike them, Mirio can't just attack him continuously regardless of where he moves (Since any major move on his part would put him out of Mirio's range).

No he can't do that if he loses concentration. Which is why the combo even worked if he could just teleport outta the way then he would have done, he was specifically incapable of doing so due to losing concentration. The argument of ranged attacks is meaningless in the face of teleportation, which is what literally the entirety of the fight before that scene proved. Once he loses concentration he won't do shit.

And Mirio can combo, look at phantom threat for an example. Besides he will already know of his telportation he won't really let him get away. And his pseudo teleportation through the ground definitely helps. Besides it really won't take more than 3 or so hits. (1 hit if it's a jaw hit).

Back