• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Drifting through the Primal Chaos Void in contemplation, Xue Ying comes across a cosmos cluster with a strange entity altering time and space to its will. Remembering the rather unpleasant recruitment attempts and practices of the Temporal Island, he resolves to step in and prevent him from potentially causing "harm" to this cosmos and its inhabitants.

Mori Dan is getting very tired of interdimensional travelers fighting him these days...

Unity realm Xue Ying and True God of Prophecy Mori Dan are used. Speed is equalized. Otherwise SBA. Prolly not my best idea but we'll see.

Lord of the Mirage:

Nirvanic Entity:

Inconclusive:

What are Xue Ying's passives, and what does he start with?

Iirc Mori has passive Mind manip stuff that is layered.

Seeing Xue Ying's profile, he should be able to resist Info type 2 shit and concept stuff wouldn't even affect him. That said, how does Xue Ying's concept stuff work?

Also, the Incorporeality in Origin Birth on his profile seems honestly more like NEP considering the whole void and all that, unless it isn't shown to be special or smth.

What are Xue Ying's passives, and what does he start with?
Passives; Information Manipulation (Type 2), Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1), Law Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Dream Manipulation, Illusion Creation.

He opens with either Mirage realm (the mind/soul/dream stuff but active and more potent), Slaughter Dao attacks (Existence Erasure), or ripple attacks.
Iirc Mori has passive Mind manip stuff that is layered.
I see. Xue Ying's stuff is also layered but I haven't formalised it yet. Currently on the profile it's like 2 layers or so?
Seeing Xue Ying's profile, he should be able to resist Info type 2 shit and concept stuff wouldn't even affect him. That said, how does Xue Ying's concept stuff work?
His passive domain enforces his will via the Daos he's comprehended; Mirage, Slaughter and Ripple. So basically, concept facilitated EE and mind stuff. Active use varies a lot but he directly commands Daos to do what he wishes at a certain level.
Also, the Incorporeality in Origin Birth on his profile seems honestly more like NEP considering the whole void and all that, unless it isn't shown to be special or smth.
I was unsure about how to label it so I erred on the side of caution.

Passives; Information Manipulation (Type 2), Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1), Law Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Dream Manipulation, Illusion Creation.
The concept type 1 stuff is the dangerous stuff if he actually does something with it. Does it destroy the opponent's concept or does he just it to do stuff like conceptual fire attack and shit? Also, type 2 info could be problematic if there are layers to it.
He opens with either Mirage realm (the mind/soul/dream stuff but active and more potent), Slaughter Dao attacks (Existence Erasure), or ripple attacks.
The passive stuff might actually make him immediately win this match depending on how concept 1 work. Also, if he opens the mirage stuff, does it increase the layers or just an unquantifiable boost?
I see. Xue Ying's stuff is also layered but I haven't formalised it yet. Currently on the profile it's like 2 layers or so?
I think the mind stuff is 2 layers as well, seeing the profile. So he might be fine. Tho don't cultivators in this verse have resistance to cultivators lower level than them, so the layers might be higher if that's the case?
His passive domain enforces his will via the Daos he's comprehended; Mirage, Slaughter and Ripple. So basically, concept facilitated EE and mind stuff. Active use varies a lot but he directly commands Daos to do what he wishes at a certain level.
Wdym by facilitated exactly? The question is if he does erase the target on conceptual level or if it's just powered by the concept to be stronger or to be just conceptual (ie the attack is conceptual, so normal ee resistance wouldn't help but it still wouldn't erase the target on conceptual level).

If he does erase the target conceptually, he might actually just win. Mori's time and fate stuff also shouldn't work on him due to his acausality and resistance.
I was unsure about how to label it so I erred on the side of caution.
Ah, well, if you ever revise it, try to bring it up as it might be a good ability. You can ping me, I'm all in for Chinamen.

The concept type 1 stuff is the dangerous stuff if he actually does something with it. Does it destroy the opponent's concept or does he just it to do stuff like conceptual fire attack and shit? Also, type 2 info could be problematic if there are layers to it.
It enforces a concept rather than targeting the opponent's concept. So, Dao of Slaughter would be EE via a Type 1 concept, Dao of Mirage would be Type 1 Cm mind/soul hax, etc.
The passive stuff might actually make him immediately win this match depending on how concept 1 work. Also, if he opens the mirage stuff, does it increase the layers or just an unquantifiable boost?
More like the latter. Beings who could withstand his presence passively get negged by his mirage.
I think the mind stuff is 2 layers as well, seeing the profile. So he might be fine. Tho don't cultivators in this verse have resistance to cultivators lower level than them, so the layers might be higher if that's the case?
More or less, but it's a lot less clear with Lord Xue Ying than Desolate Era (IET's works are usually separate settings, save for LXY/Swallowed Star and Stellar Transformation/Coiled Dragon which are their own shared multiverses). I'll hash it out sometime in the near future.
Wdym by facilitated exactly? The question is if he does erase the target on conceptual level or if it's just powered by the concept to be stronger or to be just conceptual (ie the attack is conceptual, so normal ee resistance wouldn't help but it still wouldn't erase the target on conceptual level).
The latter, like I said above, I didn't understand the initial question.

So I don't think Xue Ying could actually put down Mori? Iirc they have cores and stuff, which have their concept, and Mori represents Duality, and if Xue Ying doesn't actually affect the opponent's concept, he won't be able to kill him.

That said, I'm not seeing a way for Mori to put down Xue Ying either due to the latter's resistances and stuff.

Though, quick question, how big is his domain? Mori iirc is bigger than creation itself.

Regardless, if the layers are correct and stuff, and their info type 2 are equal in terms of potency, I'm voting Incon.

Would being Duality help Mori not be interacted with? Xue Ying has every Dao that exists integrated into his Mirage Origin. He just mainly uses his core Daos (Slaughter, Mirage, Ripple) for battle. Daos that include Yin, Yang, Spacetime, Extremity, Substance, etc.

All of XY's moves are at least as vast as his range, and given he can create over a hundred realities at this point via his Mirage, this shouldn't be too big an issue.

Should I put you as incon then?

Back