• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirage Mewtwo vs Accelerator

This is not an easy match. I'll say in advance that I'd place my bets on Mirage Mewtwo, with High Difficulty....

....But the difficulty is in that MM has to use out-of-the-box tactics, & avoid a straightforward fight; Accelerator passively redirects vectors, & it has been argued vector redirection is independent of AP. His intelligence is also stated to be better than 100 supercomputers.

That means that even if MM copied his Vector Manipulation with the Trace Ability, or Mimic or Sketch Moves, & employed Metagross's &/or Alakazam's superior-to-a-supercomputer intelligence, it still wouldn't have a good shot, because any vector attacks would be redirected, while Accelerator freely attacks MM; Accelerator's own attacks & many of MM's own moves hitting MM.

Even if there were somehow 100 Mirage Mewtwo who'd all copied Vector Manipulation, it STILL might not have the edge in a fair fight; Again, Accelerator's intelligence is superior to over 100 supercomputers & even if MM did get that many duplicates, it isn't a sure shot they'd have the co-ordination to work together to manage as many or more Vectors as Accelerator &/or do it better.

Never mind that depends on the Mirage System BEING ABLE to simulate 100 or so (More or less) Mirage Mewtwo all using most or all of their own Supercomputer+ Intelligence.

In a straightforward fight, Mirage Mewtwo is SCREWED, simply because Accelerator can manage vectors better than it can, severely limiting what moves MM can use without risk of Accelerator turning them on it, even if MM had a considerable numbers advantage & all of them were using the most of their intelligence.

Googling tells me human eyes can see up to 30 miles, or 48 KM.

So why am I still on Mirage Mewtwo's side, you might ask? Well, the good news for MM is, IT PROBABLY KNOWS THIS, TOO. It has Xatu's ability to see the Past, Present & Future all at once, Abra's ability to detect foe's & hostility, the aforementioned superintelligence, & probably a bunch of Enhanced Senses from other Pokemon that I'm forgetting, even using only Pre-Gen 4 Pokemon.

Mirage Mewtwo almost certainly knows Accelerator is coming & hostile, possibly even in advance, likely before Accelerator knows it's there, & given that it can read his mind, see the past, present & future, it probably knows it doesn't want to fight Accelerator in the usual way, should know it needs a plan, & thankfully, can probably find time to make a plan.

So, with the abilities of nearly 400 Pokemon, how do you take on somebody that can thwart almost anything with a basis in physics & even teleportation?

Before we get to that, there's one other big question: Do we consider MM dependent on the Mirage System to function? Can it leave the system's range? Is Accelerator willing to/allowed to destroy the system?

If MM depends on the system, there's more difficulty, because it has to make sure Accelerator doesn't destroy it. Not easy in a battle of 2 At Least High 6-As.

Ideally, it'd be able to teleport or otherwise relocate the Mirage System before Accelerator gets too close, & hide it underground, assuming its mind reading tells him he isn't aware of it. Otherwise, it may be less telling to leave it where it is. Besides that, relocating it requires that the Mirage System CAN still function -ex: Possible power supply issues?- after being moved.

1. Is Time Travel (Via Celebi's powers?) possible for Mirage Mewtwo, given its dependency on the Mirage System? If it is possible, Time Travel to a time before the fight, when Accelerator is asleep or comatose. Employ Mew's ability to become invisible at will if stealth is needed. Assault Accelerator's mind with Dream Eater. Since it's Mind/Dream Manipulation, it should be able to bypass Accelerator's Vectors. Hypnosis can help keep him asleep. If Time Travel doesn't work, Hypnosis+Dream Eater may still be viable if MM has to directly face Accelerator.

2. As mentioned, MM has Mew's Invisibility at will. It starts out of range of human sight. If Accelerator isn't aware of it, it's time to try not even facing it! Lots of Transform use to follow. Supposing Jirachi can't grant wishes to itself....

First, hide. Easiest is underground & invisible. Get container, using heat to make glass from the ground if necessary. Shape into container, use Water or Ice to speed hardening up. Turn into Skarmory &/or other bird Pokemon. Shed metal feather. Use alone or with other bird Pokemon feather to make a quill, with Skarmory feather as a metal covering for it. Fill container with Smeargle ink. Turn into Muk/Grimer. Duplicate a Grimer. Get Grimer to obey temporarily, Hypnosis/Mind Control if necessary. Turn into Jirachi. Get the new Grimer to write on the Jirachi tanabata charm thing, a wish that Accelerator never existed/doesn't exist anymore, etcetera.

If this worked, congrats, Mirage Mewtwo, you've wiped Accelerator from existence by abusing wish granting powers! If more time was needed, Hypnosis, Encore & more methods can buy time in addition to hiding! If this didn't work? NEXT PLAN.

3. The main reason Accelerator is a threat in a straightforward fight is because, again, Vector Manipulation means he can turn most options against their user. But what if he couldn't? Accelerator uses Vector Manipulation.... Mirage Mewtwo used Disable! If this disables his active use, that's okay, but his passive VM is still a pest, but at least Accelerator has far less offensive presence.

If this Disables his passive VM, hooray, most of his defenses are down! Employ Hypnosis if set-up time is needed, set up stat amping, preferably with Calm Mind (Mind/Dream Manipulation is still safer than physical attacks.), or power up via Alakazam's power to use all its abilities to their extremes by closing its eyes. Start assaulting the less well defended Accelerator with Psychic.

If it Disables both his passive AND active VM, perfect! Proceed to set up &/or attack.

But what if Disable isn't enough? Well, it can lock Accelerator into a less harmful action, or maybe into VM use it can work around with Encore. Or it can, in a disturbing possibility... turn Female & use Attract on Accelerator to Infatuate him so that Accelerator takes less action & maintains less Vector control.

Teeter Dance can also leave Accelerator confused, & if MM can switch abilities, it can go to Own Tempo to not get Confused itself. More opportunities!

4. Somehow all those options won't work either! Well, MM can mix & match abilities & moves, right? As early as possible, before Accelerator is too alert/hostile, get in maximum earshot range & invisible.

Change ability to Soundproof, use Perish Song; Soundproof blocks Perish Song so it doesn't affect MM, but does affect Accelerator. SBA says to assume the characters don't know about each other unless their abilities support it, & Accelerator, not knowing the song, may be curious what the heck is going on/what in the world MM is doing singing. Unless he's moving too fast for sound to reach him or blocks the song's vectors -He has little motivation to do so without knowing what it is, though- it should affect him.

If PS hit, proceed to defense, & wait for THAT to take out Accelerator. Go on defensive so he doesn't kill. Thankfully, Wish can be reliable healing -as Accelator's VM can impair biology based healing- & intangibility -such as via being Ghost-type- can help prevent Accelerator messing up healing. Pain Split may also help, as would Cosmic Power.

5. Accelerator won't hear Perish Song! Now what? Mirage Mewtwo can change Type, right? Turn Ghost-Type, use Ghost-Type Curse, fight defensively until Curse kills him.

6. Try & win in a straightforward fight anyway. It's.... not QUITE true that MM is screwed in a straightforward fight here. In a damage race where it's unprepared for VM, probably, but that MIGHT not be the case here.

VM severely limits MM's offensive options, but they don't disable it, & MM lacks a Mind for Accelerator to manipulate. I don't know if he can manipulate its body, as its a simulation, but in a fight, Mirage Mewtwo can fall back on Psychic to assault the mind, Hypnosis or Yawn to put Accelerator to sleep, Dream Eater to attack through Dream Manipulation, possibly boost its own stats with Growth, Amnesia, Calm Mind & Cosmic Power & more, impair Accelerator with Teeter Dance, Encore, Disable, Attract (If proper gender & possibly proper species.) & has multiple choices for healing, several forms of Precognition & Mind Reading.... Stamina reduction through Pressure & Spite, probably Duplication through Muk & Grimer's abilities.

It can even copy Vector Manipulation with Trace, Sketch or Mimic, even if Accelerator's intelligence probably means it can use THOSE much better.

But when you consider all the abilities it has, it probably has a lot more staying power. Protect also helps, & many ways to impair him, even if it needs to protect the Mirage System. At the least, it may even be able to force a draw via Destiny Bond.

Again, Mirage Mewtwo, High Difficulty. It has to work out of the box, but its abilities let it be well prepared, plan & work around Accelerator's key abilities.

> Somehow all those options won't work either! Well, MM can mix & match abilities & moves, right?

No. that ability stuff is fanfiction. It's been debunked for awhile nobody cares to fix the profile though.

Even completely disregarding all of that Accelerator still has no way to kill Mewtwo.

So....M Mewtwo FRA

LordAizenSama said:
> Somehow all those options won't work either! Well, MM can mix & match abilities & moves, right?
No. that ability stuff is fanfiction. It's been debunked for awhile nobody cares to fix the profile though.
My mistake. I hadn't been aware the profile needed a revision. I hope my work hasn't gone to waste. Do ANY of the tactics I listed actually have a shot at working, based on the required revision to be made?

A link to the debunk/revision thread may be helpful. Nonetheless, disappointing that a lot of my post may be based in misinformation.

Time Travel would definitely work, it isn't in character for him to do so however, that said, SBA makes both willing to kill and Accelerator can't really kill him.

Invisibility is worthless because lol vectors.

How is disable working when it gets deflected by Vectors?

The Mix and match was already debunked by Aizen.

Straight up fighting Accelerator and his Vectors is worthless.

Gargoyle One said:
Time Travel would definitely work, it isn't in character for him to do so however, that said, SBA makes both willing to kill and Accelerator can't really kill him.
Invisibility is worthless because lol vectors.

How is disable working when it gets deflected by Vectors?

The Mix and match was already debunked by Aizen.

Straight up fighting Accelerator and his Vectors is worthless.
How do we know Disable has Vectors? How do we know that Psychic attacks on the mind have Vectors?

Also, if Accelerator gets Encored into actions that hinder his use of vectors or make him use the wrong ones, doesn't that impair him countering via Vector? Also, Infatuation, Confusion. And I'd say Time Travel would be a resort when it's highly intelligent, sees the Future & knows it can't take Accelerator on in a straight fight, or that almost everything it can do is thwarted by Vectors?

It would seem like it would Time Travel & kill Accelerator in the past, when he's less defended. Such as asleep, comatose, etc.

It doesn't, that's why it won't work.

Like what actions? Hitting him? Throwing something at him? His Vectors are up 100% of the time.

Under normal corucmstances mirage mewtwo cant hurt accel and I dont see Accel harming him either. Normally.

However if Mirage mewtwo is dependent on the mirage system (And im pretty sure it is) It can be jammed by Accelerators crutch blocking/scrambling all information in a certain area allowing Accel to deal a lethal hit,

just like how he used it against Aiwass in the novels who he had no real hope of winning against and Aiwass is by all means much more powerful.

Wow never thought this would be brought up in a Accel versus thread.

M Mewtwo can Paradox him, and I feel like that's the more likely scenario.

Side from that, seems inconclusive. Still voting Mewtwo for now however

That's fair, I'll admit he does have his vectors up most of the time, so impairing his active use of them doesn't work as well if he still has them up Passively.

But regarding "It doesn't, that's why it won't work.", I'd like to request a more detailed explanation than that. On Accelerator's own profile on our wiki, the description for his ability known as Vector Control reads:

Vector Control (ÒâÖÒé»ÒâêÒâ½ÕêÂÕ¥í Bekutoru Seigyo, lit. "Vector Control"): The active application of Accelerator's esper ability. By touching an object, he can freely manipulate its existing vectors or even apply some new ones.

But Disable is noted to not make contact. His own Accelerator/Vector Change/Vector Conversion ability states "he has been able to incorporate vectors that were unknown to him and worked under different laws like Kakine's Dark Matter's, magic's or Telesma's into his equations."

But doesn't that indicate for him to negate Disable, we require affirmation that it has a Vector to begin with?

And is Accelerator's mind immune to things like telepathy or mental assaults?

In any case, I'd still say Mirage Mewtwo could win via being able to see Past, Present & Future, knowing it would do way too poorly in a straightforward fight, & time travelling.

What do you mean by paradox? I also explained why Accel wins. The jammer is going to negate all of mirage mewtwos abilitoes and weaken it.

As for time travel thats celebis ability, not a attack or such. Not that it matters because Accel doesnt have his brain damage in the past meaning his vector shield is on 24/7

LordAizenSama said:
As for time travel thats celebis ability, not a attack or such. Not that it matters because Accel doesnt have his brain damage in the past meaning his vector shield is on 24/7
I mean. Unless he had it up ever since childbirth I see no reason M Mewtwo can't just kill his child self to kill him.

Also, you explained how he bypasses Type 8, not how he wins.

LordAizenSama said:
What do you mean by paradox? I also explained why Accel wins. The jammer is going to negate all of mirage mewtwos abilitoes and weaken it.
Is he immune to Pain Split? Destiny Bond? If Mirage Mewtwo can't change types at will, in theory it could use Reflect Type, Conversion 1 or Conversion 2 to become Ghost type & use Ghost type Curse, no? Is he immune to Ghost-type Curse?

@Gargoyle One: Including direct Telepathy? What if he observes Yawn & falls asleep? Can he block Dream Manipulation if he does fall asleep?

Because iirc its entire being is reliant on the mirage system, so if that goes mirage mewtwo will either disappear or be crippled allowing for any real hit to destroy it

Is he immune to Pain Split? Destiny Bond? If Mirage Mewtwo can't change types at will, in theory it could use Reflect Type, Conversion 1 or Conversion 2 to become Ghost type & use Ghost type Curse, no? Is he immune to Ghost-type Curse?

@Gargoyle One: Including direct Telepathy? What if he observes Yawn & falls asleep? Can he block Dream Manipulation if he does fall asleep?

Yes, including direct telepathy

LordAizenSama said:
Because iirc its entire being is reliant on the mirage system, so if that goes mirage mewtwo will either disappear or be crippled allowing for any real hit to destroy it
Cool, you destroyed the system, now you have his High regen to bypass.

And with this in mind, knowing he's in grave danger, he paradoxes

Cool, you destroyed the system, now you have his High regen to bypass.

And with this in mind, knowing he's in grave danger, he paradoxes

Did you misunderstood what I said? It gets its power from the system. Its entire being exists because the mirage system exists. No mirage system no mirage mewtwo. Or a empty shell of mirage mewtwo who has no powers or abilities.

Besides that what do you mean paradoxing?

And high regen isnt a big deal. Hes fought much harder opponents in his own verse with better regen and overcome his disadvantages through intelligence or more complex applications of his powers (Aiwass Gabriel and Kakine)

If it does have the option to win via Time Paradox, I don't see why it wouldn't once it realizes Accelerator is attacking the system, &/or when it can't completely stop Accelerator's Vector assault & is fighting a losing battle defending the system it DEPENDS on, then it'd paradox.

If it CAN'T time paradox.... Then let me get this straight: Vector Manipulation is detailed on our wiki in part, as:

"The user can change the magnitude and direction (vector) of an object to maneuver it in the desired way, regardless of preexisting vectors. This also applies to static or non-moving objects, technically speaking, the object still has momentum as it is moving through space."

And apparently Accelerator's Vector Manipulation blocks direct telepathy, psychic connections, hypnosis, dream manipulation, supernatural forces like Curses, Pain Split, & Destiny Bond, even if they may not be objects in space, have momentum, as well as block anything with a basis in physics, block magical things....

Then perhaps it would be simpler to ask WHAT isn't Accelerator immune to & shouldn't his Powers & Abilities list his resistances/immunities?

What in the world CAN Mirage Mewtwo do to have any chance of affecting Accelerator? Can it DO ANYTHING to him?

....Heal itself, amp durability, try to spam defensive abilities & try to stall out Accelerator's Stamina while protecting the system with everything it has?

I mean if we listed everything accel would be immune to it would make reading mirage mewtwos current powers and abiltiies miniscule in comparison..

And i dont think it can time paradox or w/e its called. Since thats a ability not a attack.

Mirage mewtwo qont know Accel is jamming the signal from the mirage system until it is too late. Granted this wont be his first move ofc he will engage it first and will eventually decide to jam it, seeing it is made up of data and non organic

In all honesty this profile might aswell be deleted. Its so nonsencial and non factual that it isnt worth fixing..

It's too bad. This is the first time I've ever had to use Accels jammer in his crutch in a debate. Probably never will again either.

In any case, isn't this also a haxstomp in Accelerator's favor, since Mirage Mewtwo can't do ANYTHING to Accelerator anyway? Or maybe, it can't do anything meaningful to Accelerator? In this match, Accelerator's literally untouchable, among immunities to an excess of other things.

Even if it might be a very long list, it might avoid more one-sided matches involving Accelerator & posts based in misinformation like mine. Alternatively, couldn't everything he's NOT immune to be listed?

It seems redundant. Especially since the mechanisms behind the attacks are important in deciding whether he is immune to it or not. Too many variables.

Avoiding haxstomps against accelerator is exceedingly hard. It usually is, like his name translates to, a One Way road.

Closing this is probably a good idea

LordAizenSama said:
It seems redundant. Especially since the mechanisms behind the attacks are important in deciding whether he is immune to it or not. Too many variables.
Avoiding haxstomps against accelerator is exceedingly hard. It usually is, like his name translates to, a One Way road.

Closing this is probably a good idea
Lastly, I recall mention in this thread of a thread where MM was debunked? I have some understanding of why, I feel, but I'd like to look in more detail into our wiki's stance on why many of MM's powers were debunked. I wouldn't say I disagree. I'm more just curious about official VsBattles Wiki stance in detail.

Would you be able & willing to link that thread, please? If this thread must be closed before you can, perhaps link it on my message wall, please, then?

I got tired of walls of text but gonna say , Mewtwo can't paradox , hed off himself due to going before the MM system was created man .

Back