• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Zelda immortality thing.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So with the changes to type 4 immortality, Ganon and every version of Link should have it added (Or in Ganons case, get it back). Ganon died at the end of Twilight Princess and eventually reincarnated in Four Swords Adventures, and the whole deal with Link is that he repeatedly reincarnates throughout the series.

So yeah nothing major.

There's a bit more that should be added btw. Ganon gets type 3 (Low-Godly) and type 8 reliant on ToP, Demise's curse and probably Din, as most of the former type 4 became type 8. I don't remember if Link has it or not, but type 1 (hero's shade), type 2 (Finishing blow on Hero's shade, unless that's something else), and if mangas can be accepted for new abilities seriously, what the heck does "not for scaling purposes" mean?, type 3 for Hero's shade regen from being beheaded. Plus type 8 ToP when he has the full TP

Hylia should also get the new type 4.

Ganon didn't already have type 3? I swear he already had it, but yeah he also needs that. I think type 8 based on the ToP isn't necessary since it grants him (combat applicable) low-godly regen and stops him from aging, type 8 would imply he can survive just as long as it exists (But it doesn't really make much of a difference since you still need EE to permanetly get rid of him anyway). Type 8 based on Din sounds way too far fetched since I don't think it's ever stated or implied that she is actively keeping Ganon alive for some reason. Type 8 based on Demises curse sounds fine tho.

Hylia having type 4 is also fine as long as it's only for her and not Zelda. Manga wasn't accepted so we can't use anything from it.

Nope, he doesn't.

I remember him saying something like "as long as I have the ToP, you can't defeat me" or something when he was sealed by the sages. I should check but I'll do that later. Also, you're forgetting he resists EE ovo

I mean, the sages did say that Ganon obtained the TF via "a divine prank", implying that Din was the one that gave it to him. Somehow. Because reasons.

Demise's curse is OP btw. After becoming mindless, being a partially damaged soul, completely merged with an another being (which reminds me that Yuga should have fusionism if he doesn't already), he still managed to come back, and it was shown to apparently manipulate/resurrect people (Twinrova, assuming Demise's curse was the thing that did that). Oh, he should also have type 8 reliant on Link, due to Demise's curse.

And Link's new type 4 is also quite OP as it can apparently make him reincarnate even in different timelines (Link was sent to the Child Timeline but he still reincarnated in the adult one. I still think it's probably something more, but to avoid useless discussion, I'll drop it).

Well him saying that as long a he has the ToP that he can't be defeated would still hold true with his types 1 and 3 immortality, type 8 would imply even if he didn't have the ToP himself and it was somewhere else he would still be just as immortal as he is when he has it. Ganon doesn't resist Elephant Erasure ovo

Divine prank just doesn't do it for me, for such a powerful ability such as type 8 from a 2-C goddess I think we'd need more than a kinda vague statement. Yeah his type 8 from Demise should function similarly to mid-godly (Although the profile should specify that it isn't combat applicable).

I wouldn't call Links type 4 that OP, reincarnating in another timeline is cool and all but wouldn't exactly be all that useful in a fight.

Well, it doesn't really matter anyway. True, he's immune to it via being ham and not an elephant ovo

I just said that the possibility existed. Also, I personally think he got due to Link travelled back in time carried with him the "I should have the ToC" attribute which caused the TF to split in that timeline, with the ToP going to Ganon, but he never realized it (similarly to how OoT Link didn't) and as such never used its powers. But this is headcanon and you're right.

When I manage to make it something more impressive, maybe it will.

Bump. So for Ganon he'll gain types 2, 3, 4, and 8, all Links would get type 4 and Hylia would also get type 4.

On a semi-related note to immortality stuff I've been thinking that Ganons High 6-C key shouldn't have Low-Godly regen (And subsequently type 3 immortality). I'll make a more detailed thread regarding Calamity later but statements made in BotW make me doubt we should treat Malice (The source of his regen in the game) as something Ganon has outside of BotW. It won't really affect Ganondorf much anyway but eh.

Type 8 reliant on literally every Link/Composite, that also has type 4 ovo I can already picture Ganon trying to protect Link in order to avoid getting killed.

Okay. If you want we can discuss this on someone's Cal's wall. Btw, I forgot to mention in that thread about Demise that he should have probably gotten malice related abilities due to malice seemingly appearing in SS.

Type 8 that's reliant on Type 4, amazing.

Also yeah we can discuss this on Cals my wall if you want.

I mean Calamity Ganon is technically the same Ganon just reincarnated into something else. Not sure if we need a new profile for this but I agree that his profile is a mess.

TriforcePower1 said:
But it's kind of misleading given that every Ganon can technically become Calamity. Ganon's page is a mess...
It really is a mess (Although once I finish my powers and abilities blog for him I want to do a makeover for his profile and expand on his...everything). While every Ganon can technically become Calamity Ganon, it took repeated defeats and hundreds to potentially thousands of years before he became Calamot Ganon and his goals are also very different (Destroy the world and kill everyone as oppsosed to ruling over everything) so I think that's enough to justify a seperate profile. Although I'm also fine with making him a separate key on the same profile.

In general our Zelda pages need work as many of them are still just copy pasted from the OBD, including the main verse page, and quite a few profiles have circular reasoning for their ratings.

So how about this:

Ganondorf (High 6-C): Immortality (Types 3, 4, and 8. Due to Demises curse he will constantly return to terrorise the world so long as the spirit of the hero and the bloodline of Zelda still exist, able to return even if his consciousness is erased, whether it be through resurrection or reincarnation. His types 4 and 8 are not combat applicable). Depending on how we eventually decide to treat Calamity stuff the type 3 may or may not stay.

Ganondorf (High 5-A / 4-B): Immortality (Types 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8. Same reasoning as above plus having the rest granted by the Triforce of Power)

Link (All of them): Immortality (Type 4. Will eventually reincarnate into a new Link upon death, works even across different timelines)

Link (Composite): Immortality (Types 1, 2, 4, and 7. Same reasoning as above, plus types 1, 2, and 7 come from the Triforce and Heroes Shade)

Also most Links will have a second justification for Type 4 via the use of Fairys (And Miphas Grace for BOTW Link) to resurrect themselves, unfortunately NES Link gets left out ;_;

I would argue that High 6-C should have type 1, but eh, it's useless. His type 8 is also reliant on Link's soul and Zelda's bloodline.

Links also gets type 1 from Hero's shade, type 2 for having the full TF and resisted getting stabbed by Link (TP).

Everything else is good.

Back