• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Ganondorf and his (maybe) Regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So currently base Ganondorf has Low-Godly regen for this this moment in Link to the Past, after Link kills Ganon and soon after his spirit rises from the corpse and then he becomes a bat and is once again in a physical form. There were some questions brought up about this in a previous thread about whether or not this is regen, shapeshifting, or type 6 immortality. So this is basically to discuss what this actually is, not just because it affects Ganondorfs regen (In base anyway, Twilight Princess makes it so his Triforce of Power key keeps low-godly) but also because it affects the Master Swords current regeneration negation due to it killing base Ganondorf and also affects the Golden Goddesses since they scale to the holy power of the Master Sword since they're the ones actively giving the blade it's magical abilities.

There were some questions brought up about this in a previous thread about whether or not this is regen, shapeshifting, or type 6 immortality.
So first off, I would say this isn't due to being just Type 6 Immortal
6: Parasitic: The character is able to attain a sort of immortality by abandoning bodies whenever necessary to transfer their consciousness to another body, whether they are possessing someone else or switching to a backup body.
So just being Type 6 wouldn't explain how Ganon went from a ghost to a bat
  • Complete transformation - Allows the user to completely transform into the other (non-human) being. For example, transforming into beasts.
  • Partial conversion - Allows the user to partially convert their body. For example, size-reductions or in some way altering the structure of tissues (making them stronger, or more elastic).
  • Full conversion - Allows the user to completely transform their body, changing its shape, structure and material composition. For example, the user can turn into a creature of sand or stone. In advanced cases, user can convert the body into energy, which provides protection from physical impacts, as well as a certain degree of intangibility.
Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other non-physical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.
So it's either a full conversion shape shift (Spirit to Matter) or it's Low-Godly.

My main reason of thinking Full Conversion over pure regeneration is the animation used for Ganon to become a bat. It's a bunch of white puffy smoke when he transforms. In ALTTP that same animation is used for any creature that undergoes some form of form change, like Link becoming a bunny or when an enemy transforms into a different creature.

This is essentially speaking the same thing, since Ganon can still do stuff as a ghost but I don't technically think it's regeneration, as much as form changing magic.

There's this scan that puts the Low godly regen to question. Given how the guidebook mentions he transforms into a bat as opposed to just "he reformed his body from a mere spirit into a bat", makes this sound more like shapeshifting than anything unless there's some other statements in ALTTP that mentions regeneration.

Nothing in Hyrule Encyclopedia or Historia? That sucks.

Btw I just noticed that Human and Beast Ganondorf are considered two separate keys in his page now. Does that affect his Powers and Abilities given some of his base abilities are using scans from Beast Ganondorf?

Nothing in Hyrule Encyclopedia or Historia? That sucks.
Nope, they just bring up the spirit stuff from when he regenerated in Twilight Princess which reminds that those specific scans should be moved to his TOP key since that instance is due to him having the Triforce of Power.

Btw I just noticed that Human and Beast Ganondorf are considered two separate keys in his page now. Does that affect his Powers and Abilities given some of his base abilities are using scans from Beast Ganondorf?
Beast Ganon is just human Ganondorf but stronger and bigger, he doesn't get any new abilities besides like type 0 large size. Although I think the resistances might be a different story.

So all of the ganon stuff from the original Zelda and ALTTP still qualifies to Base Ganon? Ok.

Also are you trying to threaten me with a good time by having Ganondorf at 8-C? 🗿

So all of the ganon stuff from the original Zelda and ALTTP still qualifies to Base Ganon? Ok.
Yeah pretty much, been meaning to look further into the Triforce of Power stuff and seeing what magic it does and doesn't give him (Busy working on the new TOTK Ganondorf profile atm), but besides that anything one can do the other form can do as well.

Also are you trying to threaten me with a good time by having Ganondorf at 8-C? 🗿
Yes 🗿

Goddamnit I'm warning you, my mind is telling me no but my body is telling me to make Isaac Clarke, Master Chief and Netflix Trevor fight him. 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿

Let's get this regen changed to shapeshifting forst and then put the 'Dorf against them let's do it baybee 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿 🗿

In
There's this scan that puts the Low godly regen to question. Given how the guidebook mentions he transforms into a bat as opposed to just "he reformed his body from a mere spirit into a bat", makes this sound more like shapeshifting than anything unless there's some other statements in ALTTP that mentions regeneration.
So with that it's just high level transformation magic.

Well got 2 staff to approve and it's been 48 hours so I'll apply this I guess. Change base nandos regen to transformation & incorporeality, and move the low-godly regen to his TOP key with the twilight princess stuff as the justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back