• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Xenoblade Clarification

Howdy yall. Just a minor CRT this time.

Just need to fix minor things on the profiles. Which is mainly just clarification with the Type 4 Acausality of the verse given the new standards. Thankfully all of the required evidence for all of the prior resistances (which are Fate, Precog and Causality) are already on the current profiles which were already accepted prior to get Type 4 in the first place all those years ago.

And that is basically it. So yea.

Talked with you about this, yeah. I agree with this. We just need to clarify the resistances since they're not automatically granted anymore - and luckily the evidence for them is right there

I'd be fine with everything but "resisting" Causality Manip in particular, merely existing outside of the regular system of causality isn't inherently proof of it per the general type 4 revisions to begin with.

He's understanding the law of causality and actively acting against it. Acting against causality seems like a resistance to me

Looking at the scans it seems to be talking in context to what'd already fall as "resisting" fate manip by changing what was normally destined to happen (otherwise we may as well merge Fate Manip with Causality Manip site-wide speaking), not actually preventing changes on a cause to effect interaction.

That's just kind of a non-argument tho, because it's clear this also has to do with causality and Shulk is absolutely acting against it. I'm just taking the scans as they are

I mean, just saying "law of causality" then not explaining what that includes would lead to limit it to what's being displayed in particular, aka, fate manip, as much type 4 acausality is currently limited like that in general to begin with.

Not how it works, no. Otherwise causality wouldn't even be mentioned as part of it. It's not just fate, but causality too, as specified by the game itself

This is like whenever the word "concept" is thrown around and defaulted out of nowhere to refer to concept manip, whatever a verse deems a thing is not inherently the same as the proper P&A on the site.

If you really want to reduce it to that, you can, but you'd be wrong and committing a false equivalence. Mentioning a concept obviously means nothing without context, but we have the context right here. Shulk is going against the causality system via his actions

And this "causality system" in question being nothing more than fate manip, unless you'd want to imply that basically all fate manip in the verse also includes causality manip.

And this "causality system" in question being nothing more than fate manip, unless you'd want to imply that basically all fate manip in the verse also includes causality manip.
You'd need to prove it's just Fate Manipulation

The way it's all done in practice leads to that, it only regards to chain of events (fate manip) but does not do events described in the criteria for Causality Manip, I'd prefer more concrete feats for something like that.

The page directly mentions the laws of causality... The same ones Shulk is acting against. Again, that seems very straightforward to me

And then elaborates on that talking about fate manip, which while technically an application of causality (as basically anything with a prior and following state), is not causality manip for the purposes of the wiki. There's not even feats of causality manip (correct me if I'm wrong), just extrapolating that manipulating the law of causality would allow to do such particular effects.

Not really sure where that's coming from. If you're acting against the laws of causality, then that means causality doesn't affect you. Thus, a resistance. Like, you're saying all this about how "it's actually just fate" and the like but none of it changes what's laid out in the story. Just because it's got Fate Manipulation stuff, doesn't mean it can't also have Causality Manipulation too. You haven't actually explained why it's just fate

Well, if what I've said doesn't suffice then I guess I don't mind at this point, will be an interesting precedent.

Back