• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Steven Universe Revisions

So, today I decided to revise Steven Universe a little bit.

1- Ruby Fusion Revision So, I don't have a problem with the idea that the five Ruby fusion is comparable, if not superior, to Garnet, but what I do have a problem with is scaling the Ruby Fusion to Sardonyx, this is more especially considered since in Sardonyx's profile, it's stated that Sardonyx one-shotted the Ruby Fusion, so I don't see how the Ruby Fusion scales to Sardonyx. So, it should make more sense to scale the Ruby Fusion to Garnet which should give her Country+ levels of strength, and I don't really think the gap is wide enough for that to be considered Large Country Level considering the fact that the Ruby Fusion being superior to Garnet is an assumption and assuming she's a lot stronger is an assumption on top of an assumption. So, what I'm saying is, is that the Ruby Fusion should be only Country Level+.

2- Pearl Revision I already made a post discussing this, but in my opinion Pearl's durability should be upgraded to Large Country level considering the fact that she took hits from Sugilite.

3- Amethyst Revision This one is just more nitpicking, but the shapeshifting calculation shouldn't really be on the profile, considering the fact that it is only shown to be in the megaton ranges (more specifically 773.31 megatons, which is only justification for Mountain Level+ Amethyst). The rest of the profile's justification is fine.

4- Rainbow Quartz I'm fine with Large Country Level RQ, but I have no idea as to why Rainbow Quartz is considered Multi-Continental Level. There is nothing in the series even suggesting that Rainbow Quartz is even semi-comparable to Pink Diamond. By that logic, I guess Rainbow Quartz (A fusion of JUST Pearl and Rose Quartz, mind you) is somehow superior to Alexandrite considering the fact that the idea of a diamond poofing is considered Laughable. https://i.gyazo.com/9b49349de47888a140921236824fe53e.png

"But this doesn't scale to Pink Diamond since she's a weaker Diamond" Doesn't change the fact that she's still a diamond, and thus the philosphy of "A diamond" poofing still applies to her. "But Pearl poofed Pink Diamond" With Rose's Sword which bypasses convential durability, so Pearl poofing her is irrelevant to be honest. So, Rainbow Quartz should only logically be Large Country Level.

5- The Cluster I'm perfectly fine with Dwarf Star Level Cluster, however we should also give a key to partially formed Cluster (I.E the hand that fought Yellow Diamond's gem warship). The Gem Warship should be at least superior to Peridot's Gem Warship which is Country Level+, so The Partially Fused Cluster should be at least Country Level+, but at maximum it can be argured that Yellow and Blue Diamond's gem warship are comparable in power to Yellow and Blue who are High 6-A, so it's possible to grant The Cluster a key of "At least 6-B to High 6-A". So, that's my little Steven Universe revision thing.

1. Sardonyx didn't oneshot the Ruby fusion, she just knocked it into the doorway of the moon base

2. Pearl taking hits from Sugilite is seen as an inconsistency

3. Amethyst's shapeshifting yielded in the teratons, not the megatons.

4. Rainbow is the Tier she is because we dont know exactly how powerful she is relative to Pink, she's High 6-B from being stronger than rose and potentially High 6-A from being potentially stronger than pink

5. We're currently discussing what tier the partial cluster should be on another thread.

1. Except she literally defused it with one hit

https://youtu.be/JibdyWlT-mE?t=59s

2. If it's seen as inconsistent, then it shouldn't be in the profile.

3. My bad, just read the final result and assumed the octopus thing was the megaton calc.

4. If you don't exactly know how powerful she is, then I don't think you should list her as comparable to Pink. Additionally, Rose and Pink are commanly treated as two seperate entities, so I don't see how they would scale at all.

5. Ok.

He does have a point in that something that is seen as an inconsistency should probably be removed from the profile.

Okay. Thanks. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

1. Oh, huh, so she did. At least 6-B+ may be a better option then

2. Removed

4. There was actually a fairly long thread about this a while back and the current tier she has is a result of it.

So, I read the thread. The thread mostly talked about if Pink Diamond scales to the other diamonds. But regardless, we've seen that Rose Quartz has struggled against characters far weaker than multi-continental. So, in my opinion, there's a difference between Rose and Pink Diamond. So, even if they fuse, I doubt it would reach the level of Pink Diamond.

There is little to no difference between Rose and Pink Diamond. Just because she shrunk a little doesn't just suddenly drop her down a tier. And it can't be applied to Rainbow anyway, because the fusion wouldn't be affected by whatever Pink is doing. And a fusion of Pink Diamond and Pearl is obviously stronger than just Pink Diamond

Well, considering the fact that she has struggled against characters like Light Warrior, It is reasonably to assume that Rose Quartz is weaker than Pink.

Bill With A Mouth Solos said:
Well, considering the fact that she has struggled against characters like Light Warrior, It is reasonably to assume that Rose Quartz is weaker than Pink.
It's reasonable to assume that Pink is overrated as hell here.

Well, considering the fact that she is a diamond and the idea of a diamond being poofed is laughable
https://i.gyazo.com/9b49349de47888a140921236824fe53e.png

She should be at least superior to Lapis.
No. Because this assumes that the Diamonds are inherently equal. Which isn't only a baseless assumption, but is also contradicting literally everything we know about the Diamonds. White is a bit larger than Blue and Yellow (I'd say by about 15%?) and Blue and Yellow and MUCH larger than Pink (3-5 times larger, depending on the particular storyboarder, SU isn't exactly known for consistent character sizes). And if you believe that, you have to also believe that Pink is accordingly weaker than YD and BD. (And if not, what's even your argument?)

We've seen Blue and Yellow fight. They completely wiped the floor with the Crystal Gems, including Lapis, without much effort. This is a gigantic difference, even if we assume that being in Rose form does indeed make Pink weaker. Rose has no feats even close.

I'm not saying that the diamonds are inheriantly equal, the fact is is that Burnett was saying that "A diamond" poofing is considered laughable, there can be massive differences in power between the diamonds, but diamonds being poofed are still considered laughable, and even though Pink Diamond is the weakest of the diamonds, she's still a diamond, and thus the idea of Pink (Via the fact that she's a diamond) being poofed is still considered Laughable meaning she still should be beyond characters like Lapis. It's not her scaling to other diamonds, it's the fact that she's a diamond and the idea of diamonds in general being poofed is considered laughable, and once again Pink Diamond is still a diamond, albeit much weaker than Yellow or Blue.

Rose having no feats even close to Yellow or Blue kind of makes the arguement that Rose and Pink are inheriently different in power, considering she still should be far superior to Lapis via the fact she's a diamond.

I'm not saying that the diamonds are inheriantly equal, the fact is is that Burnett was saying that "A diamond" poofing is considered laughable, there can be massive differences in power between the diamonds, but diamonds being poofed are still considered laughable, and even though Pink Diamond is the weakest of the diamonds, she's still a diamond, and thus the idea of Pink (Via the fact that she's a diamond) being poofed is still considered Laughable meaning she still should be beyond characters like Lapis. It's not her scaling to other diamonds, it's the fact that she's a diamond and the idea of diamonds in general being poofed is considered laughable, and once again Pink Diamond is still a diamond, albeit much weaker than Yellow or Blue.
Except that comment was made before Pink was even named, not even mentioning revealed to be smaller than the rest. The tweet was made in April 23, 2016, between Log Date 7 15 2 and Superwatermelon Island. Back then, we only just had the first look on Blue and Yellow. Specifying Blue Yellow and White would be a straight up spoiler

Back