• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain it to me then please

You guys are purposely not calculating his reactions speed because it would end up as calc stacking, that's kinda what "hiding calcs" is.
There's no such thing as hiding calcs, as well as the fact that doing something like this often leads to highly inflated results and likely enters outlier territory

We simply scale to the speed of the beam.

There's no such thing as hiding calcs, as well as the fact that doing something like this often leads to highly inflated results.

We simply scale to the speed of the beam.
There is such a thing as hiding calcs, it's literally on the calc stacking page.

Hiding calculations is the practice of trying to avoid calculating a feat in order to be able to use the result in another calculation. In other words it is the practice of trying to fool people into not noticing that calc stacking is being used.

Yeah I don't think you understand what hiding calcs mean. Hiding calcs means hiding the fact you are using calc stacking, not trying to avoid calcing feats

Hiding calculations is the practice of trying to avoid calculating a feat in order to be able to use the result in another calculation. In other words it is the practice of trying to fool people into not noticing that calc stacking is being used.
That is literally what you're doing though?

You're avoiding calcing them reacting to it so that it doesn't get labeled as calc stacking.

Also, even if it wasn't, you can't just say they have reaction speed equal to the speed of the beam, they were a fair distance away from it.

Regardless, I'll just ask some calc group members to comment here to clarify, since I'm not 100% sure.

That is literally what you're doing though?

You're avoiding calcing them reacting to it so that it doesn't get labeled as calc stacking.

Also, even if it wasn't, you can't just say they have reaction speed equal to the speed of the beam, they were a fair distance away from it.

Regardless, I'll just ask some calc group members to comment here to clarify, since I'm not 100% sure.
No. We're not calculating because it involves calc stacking. The text says hiding calcs is hiding the fact you're using calc stacking. How you're able to get a different meaning out of it is beyond me

The hiding calculations part of calc stacking applies only if you’re trying to calculate a certain character’s speed to an attack’s speed based off of a calc in another scenario, and not when you’re simply scaling said character to the attack’s speed for simply dodging it.

The hiding calculations part of calc stacking applies only if you’re trying to calculate a certain character’s speed to an attack’s speed based off of a calc in another scenario, and not when you’re simply scaling said character to the attack’s speed for simply dodging it.
Thanks for clarifying.

Though I stand by my other point in that you can't just say they have reaction speed equal to the speed of the beam for reacting to it from at least half a dozen meters away, if it was that easy, reaction feats would never need a calc.

Thanks for clarifying.

Though I stand by my other point in that you can't just say they have reaction speed equal to the speed of the beam for reacting to it from at least half a dozen meters away, if it was that easy, reaction feats would never need a calc.
I wouldn't say half a dozen meters, it was more like 10 or 15 Feat at best.

I feel like Iron Man should be Sub Rel cuz he blocked the attack after Thanos shot the beam. Also, the MHS feat we used for Hela was done pretty casually so I don't think it's necessarily an outlier either.
Also damn, Sub Rel MCU? Lez go!

I feel like Iron Man should be Sub Rel cuz he blocked the attack after Thanos shot the beam. Also, the MHS feat we used for Hela was done pretty casually so I don't think it's necessarily an outlier either.
Also damn, Sub Rel MCU? Lez go!
If Sub rel is fairly consistent and no contradictory, then it can be used

• The Power Stone's profile is badly outdated, so here is my Power Stone rework to update the page
Probably should include a scan of Gamora's statement. The speed also needs to be changed, since its not always Sub-Rel and it depends on the size of the target.
While the addition is fine, we need to specify that the Precog is prep based. Using it in combat requires complex hand symbols to trigger the stone

• Thor and Odin need dimensional travel removed (The 9 realms are not universes and are clearly shown to be in the same universe). Instead, they get a range upgrade to at least "Multi-Galactic" with the Bifrost (When using the Bifrost to Asgard in Thor Ragnarok, when Thor falls off, he is seen to be falling through a nebula of some sorts indicating Asgard is beyond our solar system, this is also shown here as the bifrost is transporting Hulk through various star systems, which would be at least interstellar range. In Thor the Dark World, it is shown that the 9 realms are in different galaxies). The Reality Stone gets a range upgrade to Universal due to Odin stating that Malekith was going to put the "Universe" into eternal darkness, this would scale to Thanos and Malekith during the convergence
  • Cull Obsidian needs his Class T lifting strength changed to Class M (Cull never overpowered any Class T characters in terms of Lifting Strength and was agreed in this thread that him having Class T was invalid and inconsistent as he is clearly below Spider-Man)
  • Speaking of Spider-Man, On Spider-Man’s profile, the speed section on his 3rd key should say “higher with spider-sense” because his 1st and 2nd key mention that
  • Abilities from the Reality absorbed Malekith and Chitauri Scepter get added onto the Infinity Gauntlet's profile, which would be Size Manipulation (Used the Reality Stone to increase Malekith's body size), Creation (Used the Reality Stone to create new hands for Malekith), Dark Energy Manipulation and Matter Manipulation (Was going to put the Universe into eternal darkness, could turn matter into dark matter)), and Power Bestowal (Gave Quicksilver his powers) and another feat for Statistics Amplification (Amplified the Magic in Scarlet Witch). Note, these abilities are already on the pages, they just need to be added to the Infinity Gauntlet's page
These are all fine
  • Thanos/The Infinity Gauntlet also gets Vibration Manipulation from the Power Stone (Created a massive shockwave which covered Titan's moon), and both get an attack speed upgrade to Sub-Relativistic (with the Power Stone only)
They would solely have this speed for the Power Stone effecting a large object. It wouldn't backscale to their beam speed.

Probably should include a scan of Gamora's statement. The speed also needs to be changed, since its not always Sub-Rel and it depends on the size of the target.

They would solely have this speed for the Power Stone effecting a large object. It wouldn't backscale to their beam speed.
"The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge"

This does not seem to mention that speed is based on size of the target, only power

This does not seem to mention that speed is based on size of the target, only power
It doesn't really have a constant speed though, like with its power. When a single alien touched it the energy spread was incredibly slow and could visually be tracked, unlike the planetary and lunar spreads. The size of the object heavily effects the power stone in both output and the speed of its energy spread.

It doesn't really have a constant speed though, like with its power. When a single alien touched it the energy spread was incredibly slow and could visually be tracked, unlike the planetary and lunar spreads. The size of the object heavily effects the power stone in both output and the speed of its energy spread.
Besides that, is the rest of the accepted stuff fine to apply???

Okay have things been applied or does staff need to open it for your changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back