• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Mario and Luigi revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
We have Mario ranked as "At least High 4-C, likely 4-A".

Creating realms with multiple stars in them sure sounds like 4-B to me, and Large Star level+ already seems to be bordering on that. Wouldn't all of these really solid Tier 4 feats just be used to support 4-A in consistency? If anything, give the mario bros a "4-B, likely 4-A" ranking?

I also recall that, as mentioned in the thread that upgraded Mario to consistent Tier 4, some of the realms created by the power stars contained, specifically, a "starry sky". That seems to imply a whole lot more than 4-B, as a "starry sky" most likely won't include just two or three of them.

Why can't we just put Smash at 7-B instead of including the 8-C lowball

Well the 4-A feats seem less sure than the High 4-C one I guess. Ask Cal for more info.

4-C was initial rating before the 4-A feats were discovered in the revision. We decided to include Likely 4-A due to the sufficient amount of feats and evidence that support it. Plus, I don't want the 4-C calculation go to waste.

Again, why include the High 4-C ranking if we have plenty of feats to support 4-A? Why keep the lowball when the higher end is more supported?

If it is decided to stick to 4-A only, we could always place the 4-C calculation in a feats section further down the profile page.

Because, again, we had a calculation and a legit Star feat as well. It would rather be a waste to drop it all together just for a higher rating.

Well, we could always use the solution that I suggested in my last post.

Dino Ranger Black has undergone a personal tragedy, so I do not know if he is in a good condition to help out here, and we usually rely on his input for Mario.

I mean, is this really something that his confirmation is needed on? Or are you saying he is needed for the editing?

Also, tomorrow I can help with gathering all of the pages that need to be edited, and editing them if this goes through and the pages aren't locked.

Well, maybe ArbitraryNumbers is willing to handle the edits.

These are important profiles, so I would prefer if somebody very experienced handles them.

I will say that if we're moving the profiles to just 4-A (which I am neutral on), we should add far better 4-A feats.

Mario's 4-A section just says that power stars can create realms with multiple stars, but doesn't provide any sources, and that he can fight Antasma.

Antasma's page lists that he can overpower and suck power from Dreamy Luigi, but the 4-A feat shown for Dreamy Luigi involves a constellation that clearly isn't the size of a real one (the stars are comparable in size to the Luiginoids). His other feat just shows him flipping a random portion of the Dream World upside down, which isn't relevant.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. I suppose that the profiles should stay as they are then.

I am waiting for Azathoth and Dino Ranger Black.

For the Sunshine worlds, were those really created by Bower Jr? I was under the impression he simply created portals to them, like he did to areas such as Bianco Hills and Noki Bay. Though it's been a while since I played Sunshine.

Well, the one in Bianca Hills literally has his goop flowing out of it, and he is always there whenever Mario appears in one taking FLUDD, and it seems peculiar that he so happens to be an immature child and there's like train tracks and Mario heads in the backgrounds of some of these levels, and some of them(not really the spacey looking ones but the ones with clouds) have pinball machines and things like that. I think it was heavily implied if there isn't something to directly just show this.

I think Bowser JR creating those bonus levels is too speculative, it's definitely a possibly, but there's just not enough evidence to say for certain he created them. King Boo has "Capable of creating and manipulating realms that contain several stars in the background" listed on his profile, although the link isn't working for me, but between the Power Stars creating realms with multiple stars and King Boos feat I think it would be fine to make them straight up 4-A.

You can ask Azathoth and DRB to comment again if you wish.

I can't really say that Bowser Jr. created those secret levels in Mario Sunshine. There's not enough justification to it and it's speculative at best. The "cosmic pickle" is just a mere expression of how dire the situation is, not how powerful the chracter is. Please don't mistaken figure of speeches for statements of power. The Millenium Star is legitimate, however.

I hate to drop the Large Star level calculation feat and making it go to waste but if we should only label the profiles as 4-A, rather from the speculative stuff, it should be from the fact that the characters fought/are comparable to beings capable of creating realms/performing said feats and powered by Power Stars.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

What do you think Azathoth?

@Dino, like me and Azathoth suggested, the Large Star calculation feat doesn't have to go, it can just be added to Mario's feats section of his page, or a respect blog for Mario could be made that lists several feats in the series in the tier 4 range.

@Dino Ranger Black

If Azathoth agrees, would you be willing to perform the edits?

Actually, now that I think about it, did it ever state that Mario empowered himself with the Power Stars or just used them as keys to the Star Doors in SM64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back