• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor FE CRT (Brave Weapons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Brave Weapons, in gameplay, allow the user to make a consecutive attack, effectively doubling their attack speed.

Simply put, I'd like to treat Brave Weapons (Brave Sword, Lance, Bow, Axe, Dire Thunder, etc.) as an increase strictly in Attack Speed (not movement, reactions, or anything else), outside of "game mechanics", the Brave Weapons have been considered special canonically in conversations with Ayra, Seliph, and most famously Finn.

It's debatable as to whether or not Gauntlets count, but that might just be having "two weapons" (fists)

I quite not see how attacking twice means the speed doubled; perhaps few scans showing how does the game treat attacking more than once could help with our insight.

In a single round of combat, without any outside help, if a unit is faster they'll be able to attack twice at most, the Brave Effect allows for that same unit to attack a total of 4 times (2 hits, then 2 hits again)

I wouldn't necessarily say this means a blatant x2 speed amp, but an "unquantifiable increase" doesn't sound too farfetched

I believe something akin to avoiding damage (either reducing it or ignore it) would be more akin to speed amplification (that is basically defending), playing your turn twice before the opponent's is more akin to initiative than speed. For instance, does this powers makes hitting the target more easy, or, even if attacking twice, the opponent can ignore the attack?

I don't know about this, as Brave Weapons only attack twice when the user is initiating, not when counterattacking.

No, that's just a FEH and Fates thing, and even then that would just be how their "amp" activates, also other weapons still have the Brave Effect in FEH without the restriction, like the Meisterschwert and Loyalty Spear

May be gauntlets does it cuz someone can launch two strike with both hands? When I made Edelgard's sheet I noticed that few power in FE do not have a logical sense, they exist more to satisfying the game rather that shiw a numerical representation of real qualities.

ngl I currently have nothing to do with the Three Houses pages

Also, I already admitted that Gauntlets having the Brave Effect is debatable due to being two hands, especially when the Unarmed Skill has the unit not using Gauntlets in the first place

I agree with it being a combat speed amp, but don't quite agree with doubling the speed stat for reasons similar to "Giving X times more damage" isn't linear to how having x times more Attack Potency.

I'll defer to DDM's judgement and agree. Reading through, I also don't believe it doubles the Attack speed or rather, increase it notably enough where the opponent logically can't deal damage due to the speed gap.

Yes

That's what I said

Also I was going to explicitly treat this as an increase in Attack Speed (no reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back